RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
[[I'm assuming both Eva and Reawyn moved a little closer to be checking out the floors and to get a look at the creature to try to identify it with knowledge skills.  Just "listening" to it in your mind isn't enough.  You will also have to speak out loud because at least the moment, it can't seem to hear your thoughts.]]  

Reawyn moves to the threshold of the room, beside Eva.  Neither walk into the room.  The creature, who's now in the middle of the room replies to Reawyn,  ~Creatures like you were here.~, ~Were they friends?~, ~I'd like friends too!~, ~They were pulled through room by creatures not like you~, ~They left behind delicious red food on floor while they dragged creatures that are like you from that door...~  A tentacle points to the door the group is standing at... ~To that other door..~ Points a tentacle to the south door, behind the fungus creature.  It then innocently asks, ~Do you have more delicious red food?~, ~It was so gooood...~ 

Reawyn watches the creature and knows its origin is on another world but its species have been known to somehow visit this planet.  Probably accomplished by either being brought here on space ships or stowing away.  These creatures are known to have a ravenous appetite for information.  Reawyn does believe this creature likely has at least double your hit dice.  It's telepathy range is about 100' and not only can it defend itself by blasting everything with nausea (once per day) but it can also calm creatures and drain your mental stats with a touch.

[Remember each round is 6 seconds so this takes about 5 rounds to communicate.]

[Image: np8bSl1.png]
Quote this message in a reply
So you have cleaned up the room. Nice. We are in hurry, see you later. - she says and closes the door before the creature moves more closer

As you said this is a rescue mission and they used the other door. At the moment we don't have to deal with this blood licking plant if not necessary. 
"So then what's the plan?  The plant said, creatures like us were dragged through the door on the other side of the plant by creatures not like us.  How do we plan to get to that door?  We are running out of time on this water breathing spell.  If we have no plan then we might want to return to Torch gather some information and then to re-spell."
Sorry, I was inattentive, I didn't notice the second part Smile So there is another southern door behind the creature. I thought they have used the southern door where we are standing at. My bad.

"Points a tentacle to the south door, behind the fungus creature."

So the door is still open, but this is a hungry creature who likes blood, so Eva steps back 10 ft readying her bow.
[[I did go back to edit my last post by adding, "behind the fungus creature." Because I thought I might not have been clear which door he was dragged through.]]
(08-13-2021, 01:47 PM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: Sorry, I was inattentive, I didn't notice the second part Smile So there is another southern door behind the creature. I thought they have used the southern door where we are standing at. My bad.

So the door is still open, but this is a hungry creature who likes blood, so Eva steps back 10 ft readying her bow.

[OoC: Are you still stepping back 10' and readying your bow?  The move would place you under the monk.  I've done the corner to corner check on Roll20 and at that angle you won't be able to see the creature.  The line hits the doorframe. ]
When E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 noticed Eva stepping back towards him, he will shift over 5' to his right to make room for her and not bump her and ruin her shot.
(08-14-2021, 07:41 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:47 PM)Eva Morningtide Wrote: Sorry, I was inattentive, I didn't notice the second part Smile So there is another southern door behind the creature. I thought they have used the southern door where we are standing at. My bad.

[OoC: Are you still stepping back 10' and readying your bow?  The move would place you under the monk.  I've done the corner to corner check on Roll20 and at that angle you won't be able to see the creature.  The line hits the doorframe. ]

[ooc: In this case she moves just 5 ft. behind Reawyn. ]

Don't come closer if you want more food not an arrow.

She waits for Reawyn's anwer and reaction.
"We have no red food that we can spare right now. We are willing to be your friends though. Perhaps you can tell us about those creatures that were not like us."

As he talk s he gestures for Eva to lower her bow and stand down, they did not want to pick a fight they migfht lose. Yes, it was a dangerous creature that liked the taste of blood, that did not make it evil though, just dangerous.
(08-15-2021, 05:13 PM)Reawyn Wrote: "We have no red food that we can spare right now. We are willing to be your friends though. Perhaps you can tell us about those creatures that were not like us."

As he talk s he gestures for Eva to lower her bow and stand down, they did not want to pick a fight they migfht lose. Yes, it was a dangerous creature that liked the taste of blood, that did not make it evil though, just dangerous.

Eva lowers her bow, but she is ready to react if the creature is still approaching. Sometimes a very hungry alien beast can be more dangerous than an evil person. But this one is not just an unintelligent hungry beast.

Eva would like to avoid the fight but leaving a hungry dangerous creature behind us is also not a good option. But at the moment she supports Reawyn's conversation.

If you are planning to eat us I have a bad news for you. We are androids - (we means E10 and her so she is not lying) - and I hope you don't like sheeny oils and polymer alloys. But perhaps we can have a deal as new friends.

Eva's diplomacy [1d20+4]=16+4=20

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon