RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
[[OOC: PM sent to Bazz with what he can remember on that great roll]]

Threadvine looks over the crew that is awake (Bill, Royce and Slick are all below decks asleep).  "This is unlike anything I've seen before.  My inclination is to send an exploration party, although that obviously dead ship tied to it gives me some strong reservations. Thoughts?"
Quote this message in a reply
"THE DEAD SHIP SCARES ME AS MUCH AS THE TREE INTREEGS ME! I WILL DO AS I AM COMMANDED! SIR!", Rupert says after a little thought.
"I believe we should investigate the Mosquito first. It is quite a small ship, with little room to hide someone, but if we travel to the tree first, it leaves quite a mobile vessel uncleared that can attack us from 'above'"
Bazz is staring at the tree as something is nagging at him in the back of his mind.  He hums a few notes, then starts over and corrects himself as he begins to put an ancient shanty he once learned from his old mentor's library.  As he recalls more and more of the tune his humming becomes louder until he suddenly he bursts into song...

"Sailors ply the sky from Elysian docks
      Way hey, way hey, come the day
We load the crates and work the locks
Out of the flow the night tree comes
Bark of black, and leaves of pitch
The night tree, home of nature's bitch
She'll bind your heart, and twist your eye
Here and gone as the sailor's cry
Stolen away into the sky.
      Way hey, way hey, come the day.
Fed to the plant or made witch's slave
Eternity to moulder in a rainbow grave.
        Way hey, way hey, come the day."

Bazz finishes with arms outstretched and on bended knee.  He pauses a moment, waiting for some kind of reaction from the crew.
"WELL WHAT A CHEERFULLY MORBID DITTY! THAT IS CLEARLY A WARNING TO AVOID THE TREE OR BE VERY CAUTIOUS IN OUR APPROACH!", announces Rupert.
(03-11-2021, 05:05 PM)Rupert Gladestone Wrote: "WELL WHAT A CHEERFULLY MORBID DITTY! THAT IS CLEARLY A WARNING TO AVOID THE TREE OR BE VERY CAUTIOUS UN IUR APPROACH!", announces Rupert.

With arms still outstretched and still on bended knee, Bazz says, "A'hem..."
The crew stares at Bazz, open-mouthed at the impromptu performance.  Threadvine is the first, beside Rupert, to recover and he bows his head slightly at the Satyr in appreciation.  Ashheart says, "Quite a recitation, Bazzalan.  That certainly sounds spot on. Was that a spontaneous creation, or did that come from somewhere?"
"Ahhhh... well... not exactly," Bazz states while slowly standing.  "It was a shanty I learned from my old mentor's library.  The sage said it was originally from Olympia in Therospace.  The world where I was born.  He also said that it sounded like common sailor tall tales to him.  At the time I thought nothing of it.  Now I'm wondering if the sly old devil tricked me into learning the song because some how he had fore knowledge of this event because it seems a little convenient that I would just happen to stumble upon the obscure little diddy.  Though I suppose I could be attributing cleverness to him when it could be just blind luck."
Annabelle laughs and says, "As long as you fake it well, no one would ever be able to tell the difference."
"Blind luck, or fate, some might say they are two ways to spend the same coin. I'd say you were meant to know it. The question is how much do we heed the warning. If we truly heed it then we ought just depart and forget we ever saw it. but then if we do that whenever danger threatens, there will be little profit in this voyage."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon