RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
[OoC: you can use HD to recover HP after a short rest, means Rupert can recover 1d10 (Fighter) HP and 1d8 (Monk) HP. Otherwise a long rest will recover all HP and half hit dice. Otherwise any healing requires magic.]
Quote this message in a reply
Rupert will rest for an hour, and rolls 1HD rolls to recover HP. (I miss calculated my HP shortage as my max HP is 17 so I am actually 12HP short)
Fighter HP=[1d10] = 9HP recovered. Then when his day is done and he takes a full rest he will recover his last 3HP and the 1 spent HD.
So he is now at 14 HP until he gets a long rest.
(01-16-2021, 01:32 AM)Melville Wrote: [OoC How m,any days had we been travelling when this encounter occurred? And for Rupert.. how many HP do we heal with rest in 5e?  Remember spelljamming journeys can take weeks if not months, so unless you are critically wounded the best option is probably to wait for the next day when 'renewable' magic can be used and thus save the potions which are not renewable.]

This occurred over roughly 7 or 8 days into the trip.

Rupert summarizes healing accurately.  Between some bandages applied by by Cash and timely healing, within an hour or so Rupert is back up and running a more-or-less full strength.  Some additional clusters of skeletons, tightly curled up into balls were spotted from the crow's nest, but with some small amount of luck and dropping out of spelljammer speed for a while, Anders guides the ship through the undead minefield without further incident.  Within a few hours everything seems clear and the ship quickly pulls back up to speed.  

During the third and fourth meal calls, the captain announces Melville's offer of performing a mind merger with someone else to facilitate better communication if anyone was interested in volunteering for such.  No one immediately jumps on it, although during Melville's spelljamming shift the next day, as Threadvine had predicted, Slick stops by the helm room.  "So Mel," she says with a smile, "What is this merger thing like?"
"It means we would be able to communicate telepathically, regardless of distance. It is often done among dohwar who are solid business partners, or among mates.  We are not able to read each others minds, only receive deliberately sent thought. It works as long as we are on the same plane of existence, which means the same crystal shell. To set it up requires that we spend our sleep cycle near each other, no, not in the same bed, but my hammock hung so my head is near your head works nicely and is the usual method. That part is inconvenient, but such mergers have save lives aboard many a Uspo, where usually most dohwars have formed a link with another so that the whole cartel learns of events with unheard of efficiency. The link lasts until your next sleep cycle."
She says, "That's interesting.  So have you merged with many people before?"
"No, just the navigator and wizard that I was apprenticed to. It was not something the crew of my last vessel was interested in. They were a Sindiath Line vessel."
Her eyebrows raised as she said, "Oh, yeah.  Annabelle goes on at no end about the Sindiath Line.  They screwed over her family or something.  So it goes away after a day, right?  If so, I guess I would be willing to give it a shot.  It's not a 'slimy' mental thing right?  I knew a warlock that could do mind-speak, but it always left a mental ooze behind that was very unpleasant."
"It fades after one day yes. And no, not creepy at all. It can be used intimately among mates,yes. But you only receive thoughts that the other deliberately sends, you cannot eavesdrop through the merger."  He shivers, "that would be.. wrong."  [A dohwar's ability to read surface thoughts is different again, and not as intrusive.]
"Right", she says with a nod and a bright smile, "Once you are off-shift, move your stuff over to the smaller bunkroom and we'll give it a shot.  I'm always interested in trying something new."

Over the next couple of days, you merger with Slick and spend a lot of time being questioned about life in a dohwar cartel and your time with the Sindiath Line.  While this merger experiment is going on did Rupert or Bazz want to do anything of note?  This interlude covers the 3 days after the skeleton fight, up to day 11 of the trip.  Melville and Chick agree that everyone should have eyes on the Shell in roughly a day or so.
Bazz will just continue reading the books he bought.  Learning everything he can about those forerunners.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon