RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
(01-13-2021, 10:38 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: The Mandalorian turns her head back to look at the tall glass of charisma.  "You know any other Mandalorians, kid?"  She does not, however, take her helm off.  Far too many unknown faces here for her to be so trusting.  "So I guess you're my buyer, then."

"Is your eyesight going already," Jendu replies with a sly smile.  "I haven't been a 'kid' for at least a couple of days now.  But don't fret, I'm sure even with your visual acuity failing you, under all that armor, you still look lovely for your age.  And am I your buyer?  What exactly are you selling?"
Quote this message in a reply
Korstyn pauses briefly, giving the Human a onceover, her face utterly unreadable behind the metal helm.  Slowly, like a predator, she turns to face him and makes her way over to him, as if stalking her prey.  Even though he is over a head taller than her, she sees right through him and stares him down for the better part of a whole minute.

"So...adiik has some stones after all.  You may think you have something on me, boy, but you don't have the money, you don't have the power, and you don't have the leverage.  You are here to ask me to find this informant for you when I could very easily take the Empire's contract instead, or just walk away.  You want my skills?  Learn your place."

With that, she calmly turns and walks away without a second thought.  Any attempts to speak with her are met with cold silence.
Woryn looks at Jendu. "Seems you tow have history, if it's a problem we can offer the contract to those others that just came in.  The ones that are capable of stealing a shuttle., at the very least we know they have a ship. They can at least get to the places to start looking."
In the past, Jendu might have started sweating when being stared down like this but living several months in a prison where he was being targeted, attacked and nearly raped by large humanoids who like 'pretty boys' either makes or breaks you.  Also he didn't remember parting on bad terms and she had to expect he couldn't let the 'kid' comment go.  To do so would make him look weak in front of his 'peers.'  He needed to remain in control of himself in front of the other representatives.   Fail to do so could make them begin to lose faith in him.  They wanted a Senator with huge Wookie sized balls and that was what they were going to get.  

"My place is simply the Messenger, madame.  The credits are coming from elsewhere."  Jendu then looks at Shunna and Ubi and says, "If you don't mind, I have a couple of droids at my disposal that could help speed up the repairs to your shuttle."  

He whistles and two small, familiar looking droids quickly skitter into view.
[Image: 340?cb=20200414034243]

"Do you mind?" If they don't, the droids quickly get to work on the repairs.
Dez replies to Jendu. "I think the shuttle may no longer be ours by the time these droid are done,but I suspect they will not turn down the aid either"
(01-14-2021, 02:08 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 11:31 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: -Korstyn-

You are currently in an interview regarding a possible job, for a bounty. You are meeting with Woryn Maral, a Cerean diplomat who is offering a bounty for the safe rescue of  Sym Alvira, a Kian'thar from Shaum Hii.

He apparently has some information that might be of use to the Rebels, if they can act on it. These rebels have actually no idea what the information might be, but it is valuable enough that the Empire has sent out a contract through the Bounty Hunters Guild offering 1,500 credits for proof of his elimination.

Woryn has made a counter offer, also with the Bounty Hunters Guild of 4,000 credits for him to be brought to safety, where the Rebels can hide him. 

(01-11-2021, 04:57 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: "Senator Verbenti here is actually the one asking us to try and rescue an informant, which is what we were negotiating."  he addresses Korstyn.  Korstyn has a flash of recollection, he may not recognize him in her beskar'gam, but she knows this man. They had spent time in a prison together on a mission to rescue an apparent jedi knight, before she discovered her own Force powers. Before she had earned her beskar'gam. 

"I hope you don't mind, but he was just curious about you all."

[[Perhaps you can understand my confusion, but it was made to seem that Tibbs was one who offered the contract in the first place.]]

[OoC just to remind Korstyn that other than the 'targets' name, race and homeworld you know nothing about the contract. They have disclosed no information, nor have you yet agreed to take the job. It is still a wide open contract, they can still offer it to other parties without it being seen as untoward. Indeed if they make it a whoever brings him first situation, that would be allowed. Probabably not yet a good time to pick a fight with the people looking to hire you. They are allowed to simply dercide you are too hard to deal with and drop it.]
[[Just to let everyone know, this is how Korstyn is basically at all times. She’s surly because she feels she got the raw end of the deal. Being insulted by someone she once trusted was adding salt to the wound.]]
[OoC think it was meant to be in jest.. the same way I might say to GM Marvel when I next see him. "Looking good. You don't look a day over 70. Is that a new walker?] Trust me his reply, usually is, equally surly.. we have a chuckle and catch up. The kind of humour two friends who have been through a lot share]
[[So I’ll just repeat what I said. Please be careful with Korstyn. She’s touchy. Jendu would know that and I think he backed off in the end.]]
Woryn does not know that, her still suggested they talk to the others, when he saw how you confronted Jendu.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon