RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
[OOC: If anyone wants to buy anything else in particular, just let me know and you can probably do the exchange without an explicit post.  Unless there is anything else you want to do on Bral, or anyone that you wanted to look for before departure, we can jump forward to leaving the dock.]

Whenever the three of you eventually return to the ship you are introduced to the rest of the crew listed below.  If any of you are wanting to have a conversation with one or more of these folks during the evening before depature, it seems that all of the crew is spending this last night on the ship.  Ashheart notified everyone that since everyone is already onboard, Threadvine has decided to leave port early and the ship will disembark at eight bells tomorrow morning.  The general mood of the crew is positive and hopeful, and Ashheart even breaks out a small keg of beer as part of a pre-cruise party.  Threadvine makes a bit of an appearance, but makes excuses to retire to his quarters relatively early.

Captain Revelio Threadvine - Male Half-elf Battlemaster Fighter [OOC: 6th level] from Numeliador, age 36, has been the owner/captain of the Riposte for five years. Also a navigator.

First Mate Brevan Ashheart - Warforged Armorer Artificer [OOC: 4th level] from another plane, but claims the Rock of Bral as his home, age 20, has been crew on the Riposte for four years, and first mate for one. Only crewman that has served with Threadvine before. Acts as quartermaster, ship's bosun, and ship's record.

Billiam "Bill" Bryce - Male Human Fighter [OOC: 2nd level] from Waterdeep, Faerun, Toril in Realmspace, age 27. has served on four ships, the last two with Royce Morgan.

Royce Morgan - Male Human Fighter [OOC: 2nd level] from Creon in Pheoite, age 36.  Has served on three ships, the last two with Bill Bryce.

Rrr'chk'chk "Chick" - Female Rastipede Aberrant Mind Sorcerer [OOC: 3rd level] from Aldazar on Gurweeze Wurld in Caz-Adar, age 14.  First cruise as main spelljammer, but has served as spelljammer on two other ships.  Has always sailed with her mate Mrr'ksh. Also a navigator and medic.  In spelljammer rotation

Mrr'ksh "Cash" - Male Rastipede Heavy Weapon Fighter [OOC: 3rd level] from Aldazar on Gurweeze Wurld in Caz-Adar, age 13. First cruise as Weapons Mate, but has servers as fire crew on two other ships. Has always sailed with his mate Rrr'chk'chk. Also a carpenter and medic.

Engram Anders - Male Dwarf Cleric [OOC: 2nd level] from Kara-tur, Toril in Realmspace, age 47.  This is his second cruise, and his first ship was destroyed by illithid slavers.  He survived in a life raft for two weeks before rescue. In spelljammer rotation.

Annebelle Leigh - Female Elf Rogue [OOC: 2nd level] from the Rock of Bral, age 117. First cruise as a crewmember.

Nyx "Slick" Melldever - Female Gnome rogue [OOC: 2nd level} from Oerth in Greyspace, age 45. Second cruise. Also a cook.
Quote this message in a reply
Rupert would try to speak with Mrr'ksh about how he runs his ship weapons, and Rupert's training with gunpowder weapons, and his martial training aboard the "Red Vengense", so he can get a good idea how to use Rupert's skills to good effect.
Melville happily makes the rounds among the crew getting acquainted, he knows he will not replace a rastipede as the main spelljammer, but he does engage Chick in conversation, looking for any tips the vastly superior helmsman has.   [OoC  Sr as if 6th level spells]

He also talks about mercantile matters, as rastipedes are notorious for being shrewd business creatures, often acting as salespeople for the Arcane.

He tries to figure out where he will be in the spelljammer rotation, with so many possible helmsment in the crew he will likely spend mopst of his duties working alongside the Captain as navigator [it is doubtful the captrain took the  feat to dedicate to snavigation, though possible]
(01-04-2021, 07:10 PM)Rupert Gladestone Wrote: Rupert would try to speak with Mrr'ksh about how he runs his ship weapons, and Rupert's training with gunpowder weapons, and his martial training aboard the "Red Vengense", so he can get a good idea how to use Rupert's skills to good effect.

[OOC: Go ahead and give me a flat CHR with advantage, DC:13]

"Cash" as he prefers humanoids to call him as "Without manibles you can't get the emphasis and is sounds weird." is happy to discuss weapons maintenance, firing patterns, and loading sequences at length.   He is quite interested in your martial training, as he also leans on using natural weaponry in melee.
(01-04-2021, 07:24 PM)Melville Wrote: Melville happily makes the rounds among the crew getting acquainted, he knows he will not replace a rastipede as the main spelljammer, but he does engage Chick in conversation, looking for any tips the vastly superior helmsman has.   [OoC  Sr as if 6th level spells]

He also talks about mercantile matters, as rastipedes are notorious for being shrewd business creatures, often acting as salespeople for the Arcane.

He tries to figure out where he will be in the spelljammer rotation, with so many possible helmsment in the crew he will likely spend mopst of his duties working alongside the Captain as navigator [it is doubtful the captrain took the  feat to dedicate to snavigation, though possible]

[OOC: you can also make a flat CHR check with advantage.]

Talking with Chick, he finds that her speech is oddly disconnected and her voice is soft distant.  You are interested to note that her mental abilities allows her to simulate your mind talking abilities, and you both have a good time talking about how such a skill changed how one approaches negotiations.  Ashheart says that he will have the duty schedule posted by departure tomorrow.  Just based on the number of available casters, all four of you will have 6 hour active shifts, with another 6 hour backup/support shift to allow continual motion and maximum response options in case of combat. The rest of the crew is split into two 12 hour shifts, although if there is an emergency everyone is expected to be hands-on-deck.
CHAR Check = [1d20-1] = 20-1 = 19,
And CHAR Check = [1d20-1] = 1-1 = 0, glad I had advantage Big Grin
Chr advantage roll 1 [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17; roll 2 [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 17 it is Smile
You both hit it off splendidly with the rest of the crew and particularly with the leaders of your specific teams, finding that you share several common interests and even know a few people in common from prior ship work, or via contacts with the Sindiath Line or Rupert's clan.

[OOC: Bazz, you doing anything in particular amongst the crew before depature?]
Bazz will of course make a point of meeting every single person aboard the ship.

[OoC:  I'm not at a computer.  If I can take 10, I will.  That will give me 16 for both Persuasion and performance.  If I can't take 10 then feel free to make my rolls for me.]
(01-05-2021, 04:47 PM)Bazzalan Horngrin Wrote: Bazz will of course make a point of meeting every single person aboard the ship.

[OoC:  I'm not at a computer.  If I can take 10, I will.  That will give me 16 for both Persuasion and performance.  If I can't take 10 then feel free to make my rolls for me.]

[OOC: You're fine, sorry if it felt like I was rushing you.  I just wanted to make sure we didn't move on until you had a chance to interact with this.  Are you wanting to focus on any crewmember in particular, or just doing the bard thing of just amping up the party and trying to leave a good impression with everyone?]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon