RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
"Oh", he says with surprise, "My apologies for the confusion.  As I said. I have never sailed with a Dohwar.  You are likely right that there is little chance of coming across your family, and could hardly blame you for choosing family over crew if it did happen.  Have you ever worked with a Rastipede before?  Our primary spelljammer is Rrr'chk'chk, a Rastipede mage."
Quote this message in a reply
(12-21-2020, 05:28 AM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: "Oh", he says with surprise, "My apologies for the confusion.  As I said. I have never sailed with a Dohwar.  You are likely right that there is little chance of coming across your family, and could hardly blame you for choosing family over crew if it did happen.  Have you ever worked with a Rastipede before?  Our primary spelljammer is Rrr'chk'chk, a Rastipede mage."

" The only rastipedes I have dealt with have been competitors working for the Arcane. They are wily merchants and negotiators worthy of respect, aside from being exceptional helmsmen. It will be a pleasure to work with one for mutual profit. "
"Excellent," Threadvine responds and turns his focus to Rupert. He speaks a little louder than normal to make sure he is heard clearly.  "Corporal Gladstone, Mate Ashheart says that you are an experienced weaponeer.  I assume you know cannons, but are you also familiar with catapults?  Do you have any other hidden talents I should be aware of?"
"I SERVED AND TRAINED ABOARD THE GIFF SHIP OF THE LINE THE RED VENGENCE AS A MARINE COMMANDO. I AM TRAINED IN SMOKE POWDER WEAPONS, SIMPLE WEAPONS, LONGSWORD AND MARTIAL ARTS, AND HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE FIGHTING NEOGI, AND ATTAINED THE RANK OF MASTER CORPRAL!"
Threadvine's eyebrows rise in surprise.  "A Giff that learned to fight completely unarmed is a surprise.  I have found that is often an aspect that they overlook in their training."  He steps across the room to the wall of chests, and pulls a small and often-used target board out from between two boxes and leaves it dangling on a thin chain.  "It's a bit to closed in here for a pistol, but do you care to take a shot from across the room here, just to give me a feel for your aim?  I've got a short bow you can use."  Ashheart steps forward already holding a short bow and an arrow.  {OOC: if you want to take the offered bow and make a shot, please give me a ranged attack roll.  The target is decent sized and stationary so it won't be a hard shot.  The target is arranged such that he is going to be shooting straight across the table that Melville and Bazz are seated at, so feel free to react to that as you will.}
"I AM NOT SO GOOD WITH BOWS, BUT IAM BETTER WITH THESE!", and with a flourished movement Rupert reaches down to a belt holster and rapidly brings his hand up containing a comparatively small palm pistol. "IF YOU DON'T MIND I WOULD RATHER SHOOT THIS, BUT I WOULD PLUG YOUR EARS IF I WHERE YOU!"
You note that the gun is cocked and ready to fire.
Palm Pistol Attack =[1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13, Palm Pistol Damage =[1d8+2] = 7+2 = 9
The attack roll would be the same for a short bow, if they refuse to let him fire his palm pistol
{Ooc: Rupert can tell they would prefer he use the bow.  That also avoids expending your pistol ammo.}

Rupert doesn't catch a bull, but lands a solid enough hit in the middle ring to cause the target board to bounce and flip around on the chain.  Threadvine and Ashheart nod in approval.  "Good shot." He says, "I'll ask the same question of you as of Melville. Have you ever worked with a Rastipede before?  The mate of our spelljammer is our current Gunner Mate."
"AS I SAID, MY CLAN SERVED ABOURD A GIFF SHIP, SO I CAN'T SAY I HAVE! BUT I AM NOT AFRAID OF HARD WORK, AND ENJOY THE COMPANY OF LIKE MINDED CREW MATES!"
"Wonderful!" Captain Threadvine says, "Mrr'ksh will probably want to do a firing test with you once we leave dock and can do so safely."

He turns finally to Bazz.  "So you seem to be a jack-of-all-trades, master of none, is that right Bazzalan?  Are you particularly skilled or interested in any specific kind of position, other than third jammer?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon