RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
"Not only am I proficient with a blade," Bazzalan says cheerfully dodging the question.  "But as a Bard I'm sort of a jack of all trades.  I can lift sailor's spirits, aid with negotiation, and I also can cast spells.  So in a pinch, I can even help out with Spelljamming!" 
Quote this message in a reply
"The females seem to like him too." Chimes in the dohwar, unaware that this fact might not help. "As I said, he is quick of wit, he will pick up piloting very quickly, and a jelmsman that can defend himself with a blade when he's lost his spells to the helm is a handy thing. We are no run of the mill crewmen, and we will serve faithfully and well, bringing profit and a measure of surety to your voyage."

[He is going to use his dohwar mind reading to read surface thoughts in this negotiation]
[Insight with advantage [1d20+3] = 17+3 = 20; [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18]
[Persuasion with advantage [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17; [1d20+3] = 11+3 = 14]

Quote:Mind Reading. While interacting with a target you can see within 30 feet you can non intrusively read their desires and surface thoughts, providing you with advantage on Insight (Wisdom), Persuasion (Charisma) and Deception (Charisma) checks while performing negotiations with the target. Because you only capture their surface thoughts the target is not aware of you scanning them, however people familiar with Dohwar know they have the ability to read minds. 

You can maintain this ability for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were casting a concentration spell). This trait counts as a divination effect. You can't use this again until you finish a short or long rest.
{OOC: Melville realizes that the Mate is probably not the one that will be negotiating.  Are you sure you want to do that here instead of waiting until you meet the captain? If you do, I can retcon this a hair.}

The moustache flexes again as Ashheart makes a note.  "Excellent!  Can never have too many casters aboard.  Please follow me and I will introduce you to the captain."  It nods it's head at you and turns away from you to lead the way towards the fore of the ship.  As you cross the main deck, you notice that the cargo door is open.  Glancing down you can see another Rastipede, two dwarves and another human down in the hold.  All of them are engaged in organizing, inventorying and sorting the numerous barrels and boxes.

[Image: squidship-colorized.png]

Ashheart leads you to a door that opens into a decent sized galley.  A long narrow table sits in the center of the room with benches on either side.  A large chair sits at the far end of the table, in front of a door leading out of the room on the opposite wall from where you came in (area 3 on the Main deck).  A kitchen arrangement dominates the port side wall, although it is firmly battened down.  A coffee press pot sits on a burner frame of the oven.  Ashheart strides quickly across the room to the far door, knocks twice, opens the door and steps into the room beyond.

{Pausing here for a moment in case there is anything you want to do, or questions you want to ask Ashheart as you quickly stride across the deck}
[OoC no he would save the advantage for the Captain  so take just the fiorst roll of each if they were even needed.]

In typical dohwar fashion Melville starts rapid firing all the questions that are in his head:
"How soon is she sailing? Are crew allowed any small cargo, with inspection of course?  Two rastipedes in the crew, are they helmsman? It will be good if they are, no better tactical pilots in a fight."
Rupert follows behind the group and when they stop moving will stand a attention until addressed.
(12-17-2020, 05:16 AM)Melville Wrote: [OoC no he would save the advantage for the Captain  so take just the fiorst roll of each if they were even needed.]

In typical dohwar fashion Melville starts rapid firing all the questions that are in his head:
"How soon is she sailing? Are crew allowed any small cargo, with inspection of course?  Two rastipedes in the crew, are they helmsman? It will be good if they are, no better tactical pilots in a fight."

Once Ashheart can get a word in edgewise, it's moustache flexes again and it replies in a similar rapid faire cadence, "When the captain says. Yes. One is. I agree"
Melville just nods, forestalling further questions to allow the First Mate to introduce them uninterrupted
Coming through the galley, you enter a large room, obviously a captain's quarters if you have ever seen one.  A hammock holding several plush blankets hangs from hooks on the starboard wall in front of one of the Squid-eye windows.  A large desk covered in several leather bound books and curled scrolls dominates the starboard side of the room.  A half-elf sits in the plush chair on the other side of the desk.  He wears a matching coat to Ashheart's, and even with his shoulder-length strawberry-blonde hair does not hide the fact that his left ear is missing.  He is pleasant too the eye, although nothing phenomenal.  A thin scar runs from the right corner of his mouth almost to his right ear, giving him the look of a perpetual smirk.  As you enter the room he stands and smiles. 

Ashheart steps to the port as it enters the room and gestures towards the round table that dominates the port side of the room. Six comfortable chairs surround the table, held in place by simple leather straps.  The port wall is blocked by ceiling to floor stacks of boxes and chests, held in place with worn restraining straps.  It nods to the half-elf and says, "Captain, new potentials."

The smile of the half-elf broadens even further and he says, "Excellent!  Welcome aboard the Riposte.  I'm Captain Threadvine. Please have a seat." His voice is light and pleasant, but with a projection that you can all tell would allow it to easily carry across a ship during combat.  Bazz can immediately tell that he has had some kind of voice training or singing background.  

Assuming you all move forward to unsecure a seat, Ashheart steps to the Captain's side and holds out the writing board with the notes he had taken from your introductions.
Rupert will salute the captain, before smartly march stepping to his chair, and sits down with a straight backed posture, waiting to be personaly addressed before responding.
"Thank you Captain."  Melville waddles to a chair and climbs up, trying not to look too awkward. He sets his spellbook down on the table and open to the 2nd last page, a blank one. There is no sign of a quill, ink, or pen.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon