RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
As the trio falls back and diverts onto Anchor street, it is almost shocking how empty this thoroughfare is compared to Grand.  It seems that the parade, while bringing Grand to a practical standstill, has had the benefit of clearing most of the surrounding streets.  The three of you are able to quickly amble down the broad road, free of the celebration crowds.  

Just as past the junction of Shipwright's Street and anchor, as the road begin to curve and run along the cliff that overlooks the vast drydocks the three of you hear a short whistle from the nearby alley.  Glancing over you can see a small gnomish woman standing there.  She is ancient by all measures, her hair wispy and grey were flyaways peeked out under the floppy peaked hat that she wore.  She was dressed in indigo colored robes that drag the ground and are decorated with small silvery stars and moons.  These accents cover both the robes and her hat.  She grasps a crystal ball, about the size of a bowling ball, in both her hands and her eyes are a milky white. Even with her obvious blindness she appears to be staring directly at the three of you on the mostly empty street and whistles again, a single steady note.  "Brave trio!" she calls in a surprisingly strong voice with a small crack at the end, "I have seen omens of the future for you.  But for some paltry coin, I would give you this divining of the future ways.  Be not afraid, for while death may await you, it is not destinied for this day."
Quote this message in a reply
"WHAT? A FEW COINS FOR OUR FORTUNE YOU SAY! OK I'LL BITE!", as Rupert tosses 5 silver her way.
The gnomish woman steps forward into the street, covering the coins with her robes.  Even in the light of the streetlamps and the distant sun, you can see that her crystal orb glows with a pearlescent light that matches a similar glow from her eyes.  Her voice shifts as she begins to speak becoming deeper and more resonant. {OOC: Melville and Bazz can give me an arcana roll to deduce if there is any real magic going on here, or just simple showmanship}

"Into the void you seek to travel,
Your fortunes for you I will unravel.
Aboard the golden squid you will berth
And quickly strive to prove your worth.
Into the still unknown you will go,
seeking great wealth and power to show.
On the path of the Eternal Lotus you are bound
Ancient secrets and artifacts to be found.
Beware the lurker in the cold, still dark
It airless fangs snap like a shark.
The captain's goal lies far beyond,
but each shell on the journey shares a bond
and to miss the outpost spheroid 
will doom you to death deep in the void."

She blinks and the glow fades from her eyes and ball.  She smiles at the three of you and says, back in her normal voice, "That is my prediction for you good sirs.  I hope it is a useful one."
"THANKS! WE'LL SEE", Rupert says as he watches Melville's and Bazz's reactions.
(12-13-2020, 08:12 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: The gnomish woman steps forward into the street, covering the coins with her robes.  Even in the light of the streetlamps and the distant sun, you can see that her crystal orb glows with a pearlescent light that matches a similar glow from her eyes.  Her voice shifts as she begins to speak becoming deeper and more resonant. {OOC: Melville and Bazz can give me an arcana roll to deduce if there is any real magic going on here, or just simple showmanship}

"Into the void you seek to travel,
Your fortunes for you I will unravel.
Aboard the golden squid you will berth
And quickly strive to prove your worth.
Into the still unknown you will go,
seeking great wealth and power to show.
On the path of the Eternal Lotus you are bound
Ancient secrets and artifacts to be found.
Beware the lurker in the cold, still dark
It airless fangs snap like a shark.
The captain's goal lies far beyond,
but each shell on the journey shares a bond
and to miss the outpost spheroid 
will doom you to death deep in the void."

She blinks and the glow fades from her eyes and ball.  She smiles at the three of you and says, back in her normal voice, "That is my prediction for you good sirs.  I hope it is a useful one."

arcana [1d20+5] = 4+5 = 9

Nope 

Melville studies the woman, trying to gauge whether it is worth reading her surface thoughts, but decides against it.  He does however summon his pen and flip open to the last page of his spell book and record her words.
{OOC: We'll give Bazz until this evening to make his check, otherwise I will make the roll for him and move things along.}
[[So I think I get my Intelligence bonus and my proficiency bonus?]]

Know Arcana: [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7; Nope

If insight is possible to get a clue to her fortune telling...

Insight: [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17
{OOC: Yup, you did your bonuses right.}

Neither Melville or Bazz can tell if the effect is more than a simple presdigitation or some kind of genuine divination magic.  Bazz does not get a read on the old gnomish lady as a liar or malicious in intent, and she projects an open and unshielded demeanor. She also does not seem to fear the group or the surroundings.
Rupert looks to his companions and when they seem ready he will continue on his way to dock 34.
Though he doesn't completely take her at her word [Personality: Incredibly slow to trust] but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to trust her and make a new acquaintance or friend [Also a Personality trait].  So Bazzalan offers 1sp in gratitude and says, "My friends and I thank you for your wise prognostication, m'lady.  We will certainly review them and seek the wisdom in their meaning."  

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon