RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
Lovise thanks Kerowyn and leaves the building, bidding her friend, Mourn, goodbye as he goes to run some errands. As for herself, she heads to the inn, eager to hear some stories.
Quote this message in a reply
Leloth snaps out of her odd state of being and waves to everyone. She thanks and bows to Athos for her drink and him helping tote her around like a dull animal. She then tries to fill Arius on what the innkeeper had informed her and Athos... failing miserably.
Athos smirks at Leloth's attempt to retell their conversation with the Innkeeper. Saving her a bit of grace, Athos retells their findings. "I've secured rooms for the week. The innkeeper seems a pleasant enough fellow." 

"From what I've learned, The citadel used to be the home of an old dragon cult, so that could prove problematic if they left traps and such. On the up side, They left in a hurry when the dragon Ashardalon flew past this area decades ago, so it could also mean treasure or artifacts could have been left behind."

"Also, there are more than a few peculiar rumors of an unknown monster lurking about at night. It seems to be killing cattle, sheep and the occasional person leaving needle like wounds. That and at least one other adventurer has tried the citadel several months before those who went missing. His description struck me as a fellow druid or ranger, but his fate is unknown."
---Lovise---

(DM - Roll Perception as you step out of the general store in search of the Inn.)
Perception: 1d20+1 12
---Lovise---

Lovise notices several people meeting up outside what looks like the town hall. If they aren't adventurers then she is a gnome. Just the sort of people she would need if she was going to do anything about that Sunless Citadel.
"The mayor has tasked us, under the auspices of the Lords of Neverwinter, to find out the source of the apple that the goblins sell to the villagers each year.  The Lords simply wish assurances that there is nothing nefarious about the goblins intentions."

"If we find all is well, we simply need to confirm that with our word. .. He did not specify what, if any, action we should take if there is a nefarious scheme on the part of the goblins, beyond reporting it."

He waits while the others absorb the information a moment.

"If we are to be underground for an extended period we shall need gear. Rope, oil, lamps, and lanterns for starters."
---Everyone---

The group meet each other in the street and exchange news and information of all they managed to gather about the situation.  It's a bit late in the day to start off on the mission. With that said and done, the group heads back to the Inn to gather their supplies and head out in the citadel in the morning. 

(DM - I'll give everyone a day to post if they want to do something else in town or RP.  After that, I'll move you all toward the Sunless Citadel.)
Not waiting to see if any of the group agrees, Arius turns and begins to stride for the general goods store.

"I am going to make sure that I at least among us have light, rope and food.  Join me if you will"
Athos nodded, "Sounds like a good idea. Granted, I have some torches and rope already. But I've nearly lost my pack to monsters belly before so its a good idea to have spares." 

That last part was ...sort of a joke. With a smile he followed Arius to the general store to see if he could spot anything useful.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon