RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
Kriv nods at all the good questions. He is interested, but he would like to hear much more before he agrees to anything. He finds that silence sometimes works in situations like this, so he just waits to see what is said.
Quote this message in a reply
Athos thinking that Arius was likely a little buzzed from his wine, caught the mans attention, "You might have missed it my friend, but she mentioned the apple had healing properties. Apparently it heals wounds and cures most aliments and diseases." 

With that sorted he turned back to the young acolyte.
---Everyone---

[Image: 8BNK4be.png]

The young halfling gave an affirming nod to Nightingale as she replied to her question. "Our first priority is to find our missing adventurers. The second is simply to investigate the situation to insure there is nothing malevolent about this apple or anything surrounding it. Goblins are usually not know for being benign, especially when taking into account the missing adventurers."

She turned her attention to Arius and blinked for a moment and waited for Athos to clear up the mans last question before answering his earlier one, "We are simply brokers in this matter. Though as part of our finding a suitable group, you are allowed to keep whatever salvage you discover while investigating this situation. As well the magistrate has offered a hundred gold to be paid to your party when the investigation is completed. It has also come to our attention that a local merchant lord is also putting up a reward as the lost adventurers were native to Oakhurst. The merchant is the matriarch of the family by the name of Kerowyn Hucrele. Two of the missing adventurers were apparently her kin. She lives in town and is easy to find but she insists on being contacted before hand for the details of the reward."
"Sounds like we will need to travel to Oakhurst before we make any final decision. Or rather to negotiate. I for one pledge my assistance regardless. One does not get to be a hero by always grubbing for coin. As long as we stand to not go hungry, I am happy."
Leloth finally chimes in with “Well this sounds interesting and I’m all in but what are the dangers? And is there a catch?” 
---Everyone---

[Image: 8BNK4be.png]

The young halfling lady looks at the bard as though she asked something obvious or silly. Still she refrained from saying anything not polite. "Um, no catches other than what you've heard. And I can only imagine what dangers might lie ahead on this quest. If the missing adventurers are any indiction, there could be many. As to the specific dangers, discovering them is the very least of what we hope you will uncover."
Athos leaned back in his chair and took a long swallow of his ale before setting the empty cup down on the table. He'd likely get another before bed. "Well, I'm in. I could use the coin and the practice. Besides I've always liked the lands around Neverwinter. The city can go fuck itself, but the hot-springs and pine forest surrounding it are quite nice." 

He looked around the table at his new friends, "Hopefully, Arius and I shall not be traveling alone?"
"At the very least, you shall be an interesting travelling companion Athos. Though we might disagree about the delights that a city can offer."
Kriv grunts, shrugs and saying "It would be good to stretch my legs I suppose. Besides more coin is always helpful."
"I'm in to see the missing persons found and returned home, if they yet live. Anything else I'll reserve my judgement." Nightingale adds, though her body was itching for more action, it could wait if the action was for the dirty deeds of some noble's politicking.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon