RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
"We did work well as a team didn't we? Lady Tymora must have smiled upon us to meet this night."  He looks at the halfling again. "Sit, sit. Tell us your tale and let me buy you a drink."
Quote this message in a reply
Athos smiled to the young halfling and gestured for her to take a seat. "Well, I am running a bit low on coin for weekends and my skills could in fact use a little sharpening." 

Honestly they could use a lot of sharpening as he was starting to grow restless. Taverns were all fine, but Athos craved experiences and knowledge. Without that pursuit he always felt listless. So he aptly listened to what the young halfling had to say.
Kriv nods that he is interested in at least hearing what is being offered. He almost smiles, but stops self conscious of his toothy smile usually scaring folk.
Leloth turned her attention to the halfling and listened in on her proposal.
Nightingale's ears visibly pricked up at the offer of work from the halfling. She remained quiet, but her body seemed to buzz with excitement as she gave her full attention to Kenna.
---Everyone---

[Image: 8BNK4be.png]

"Thank you for your time." The young halfling woman sits down and begins to tell her tale, "As you all may or may not know, the Church of Tymora often employs adventurers to assist local towns or cities who petition for aid. Unfortunately our success rate is about fifty fifty. But that's usually cause locals lots of times claim to be adventurers las they're looking for quick coin. Which is why your group drew my immediate interest. You're all the real deal." 

She took a sip of her ale. "Just in case you were all wondering why I was so interested. So, to the meat of the story." 

"We have lost a group of adventurers on just such an instance. A local magistrate of Neverwinter had put in a petition to investigate a town called Oakhurst. It's located near the foothills of Thundertree, not far from Neverwinter itself.  Apparently the villages comes into possession of a magical apple about once a year, that is said to heal all wounds, diseases or ailments. No one knows where the apple comes from, but it is said the villagers purchase it from goblins no less." 

She raised an eyebrow, "You can see how this began to concern the magistrate when he heard this arrangement. The thoughts of curses and dark magic filled his mind and he wished the matter looked into.  Well, now that our first group of adventurers are long over due and our agents in Oakhurst said the villagers have not seen any sign of them since they sought out the old citadel where the goblins are supposed to reside, the whole thing has escalated." 

"I was hoping we could hire your perhaps get to the bottom of this problem and hopefully find our missing adventurers."
Arius looks around the table at the faces of those present.

"I would venture that you have everyone's undivided attention. I myself am interested and willing, there is little left to discuss except what you are offering in reward. After that we can discuss logistics rather than whether we will undertake this rescue."
Athos smiled and gave the girl a nod to show he was in agreement with Arius. He imagined he would at least get a handful of gold out of the deal, which would be enough for a few months of Tavern visits. He was more interested in the experience than the gold at any rate.
"So how do the villagers feel about you taking away their magic apple supply?" Nightingale inquires, "Have their been any negative side affects of the apple? If it works, what does it matter where it comes from?"

Nightingale had seen those in power destroy the people they are supposed to protect just to get more power. She would not be party to such a thing.
Arius nods his agreement to Nightigale's line of questioning, wishin he had thought of itt himself.

"What exactly do these magical apples do? You shared that they were magical, but not that small little detail."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon