• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
Carpentry Tools Check =[1d20+2]=3+2=5
Carpentry Tools Check =[1d20+2]=2+2=4
[Well that sucked, I seem to have pissed off the dice gods]
Quote this message in a reply
[whoops thought I was logged in as Rupert above]
Rupert sets to work on the box and after several minutes, with a burst of arcane energy as the magical lock succumbs.  Unfortunately the wood of the chest has been split and torn and the chest is no longer salvageable.  Looking inside the box it appears that a loose glass vial was also shattered at some point so the contents of the chest are covered in shards of glass and a sweet smelling red liquid that leaves behind a sticky residue as it dries.  

Within the remains of the chest you find a heavy bag of coins (2 pp, 57 gp, 23 ep, 11 sp), a druidic spell component pouch, a collection of 6 finely crafted small wooden figurines of detailed lizardfolk in defiant, aggressive poses and 2 more that look like they are only halfway complete, and a carefully folded blanket decorated with hundreds of tiny stitched scenes of children and families happily sleeping that radiates an abjurative magical aura.
Having already identified the othgerb items, Melville will follow suit with the blanket.
The blanket is a Blanket of Restful Slumber.  Once per every three days it will allow someone to enter a deep slumber (fully incapacitated and unconscious for the duration) to gain the benefits of a long rest with only a short rest.  Nothing short of taking damage will awaken the sleeper until the end of this rest period.
By this time Bazz should have completed his short rest, so Melville advises the captain they are ready.

"Can anyone use the trident?"
(08-03-2021, 05:08 PM)Melville Wrote: By this time Bazz should have completed his short rest, so Melville advises the captain they are ready.

"Can anyone use the trident?"

[[OOC: pretty sure Trident falls under the simple weapon proficiency.]]
A trident is in the Martial group of weapons in 5E.
Most of the crew is capable of using it (maybe everyone), although Threadvine says that it might be best used by one of the away party, at least in the short term.
"I HAVE FOCUSED MY MARTIAL TRAINING IN UNARMED COMBAT ARTS, SWORDS AND GUNPOWDER WEAPONS! PERHAPS SOMEONE ELSE CAN USE IT BETTER THAN I! PEHAPS THE PRIEST?", offers Rupert

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon