RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
Rupert has 50' of rope.
Quote this message in a reply
Anders calls down, "There are some still sturdy ballista bolts up here if we need something like a gaff hook.  Or we could have one sent over from the ship."

[[OOC: We are out of initiative.]]
"I am a poor swimmer.  Expecting me to be an expert swimmer because I look like a groundling bird that swims, is like me expecting you to be an expert mountain climber because you are half goat."  Melville chuckles at his own humour. 

"I am not sure we can use a rope. Ho w does one tie soup?"
Does any one have a laddel! ;p
(06-04-2021, 07:56 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: Anders calls down, "There are some still sturdy ballista bolts up here if we need something like a gaff hook.  Or we could have one sent over from the ship."

[[OOC: We are out of initiative.]]

"Yes please, toss down the ballista bolt.  We'll have to gently fish it out of the water like a Jelly-fish."
Anders partially climbs down the ladder with a bolt in one hand.  He tosses it over towards the door and it clatters against the metal walkway.

The mass appears to be spreading like oil on top of the water, almost like a membrane slowly encasing the trapped bubble of liquid.
"I think the best option is to position the Riposte so that it's larger gravity plane is beneath the wasp, Or above it.  So we can let the water literally fall out. If we do it right the water will land in the Ripostes gravity plan, then drift out of the air envelope, rather than rain down on the Riposte."

He communicates this idea to the Captain via Slick.
Rupert asks Anders if he needs a hand opening the door?
(06-06-2021, 03:10 AM)Melville Wrote: "I think the best option is to position the Riposte so that it's larger gravity plane is beneath the wasp, Or above it.  So we can let the water literally fall out. If we do it right the water will land in the Ripostes gravity plan, then drift out of the air envelope, rather than rain down on the Riposte."

He communicates this idea to the Captain via Slick.

For that to work, the Riposte will have to tow the Wasp out of the gravity plane of the tree.  Captain Threadvine says that unless there is a obvious gain for draining it right away, he would prefer to hold off until the tree is explored as well.  That will give them time to secure the ship and prepare for a sudden rainshower.
(06-06-2021, 11:08 PM)Zhargoza Wrote: Rupert asks Anders if he needs a hand opening the door?

Anders had already opened the trapdoor above to the Weapon Deck in order to climb down the ladder and toss over the bolt.  He is just avoiding going all the way down to the walkway in case the slime comes back to life.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon