RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
(10-16-2020, 01:15 AM)Reawyn Wrote: All Reawyn's bombs are acid. Normally alchemists do not get acid bombs until they ise a discovery later, crypt-breakers get alkahest bombs at 1st level but lose the ability to do standard fire bombs.

[It's a better deal to do Acid Damage, anyways.]

The bomb hits the mound and splashes outward.  The 15' diameter area sizzles but nothing seems to happen.
Quote this message in a reply
"I check, you cover." Gurkagh says to the group.

He pulls out one of his javelins, just to have a pokey stick, he doesn't seem as confident with javelin as he does a rock.

He approaches the nearest mound and pokes it with the javelin before stepping up onto the bank beside it.

[OoC pretty vad that this groups 'brave warrior' is the shaman lol]
(10-16-2020, 01:57 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 01:15 AM)Reawyn Wrote: All Reawyn's bombs are acid. Normally alchemists do not get acid bombs until they ise a discovery later, crypt-breakers get alkahest bombs at 1st level but lose the ability to do standard fire bombs.

The bomb hits the mound and splashes outward.  The 15' diameter area sizzles but nothing seems to happen.

I can try cold damage. She fires some ray of frosts before Gurkagh approches.

Eva's ranged touch: [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7, damage: [1d3] = 2
Eva's ranged touch: [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14, damage: [1d3] = 2
Eva's ranged touch: [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15, damage: [1d3] = 1
(10-18-2020, 12:57 PM)Eva Morningtide Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 01:57 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:

I can try cold damage. She fires some ray of frosts before Gurkagh approches.

Eva's ranged touch: [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7, damage: [1d3] = 2
Eva's ranged touch: [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14, damage: [1d3] = 2
Eva's ranged touch: [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15, damage: [1d3] = 1

Eva hits the mound every time but nothing seems to happen other than some ice accumulates then quickly melts.

The Shaman stabs at the mound a few times and notices the outside seems very firm but the inside is very spongy.
"You've poked and bashed that mound so many times that whatever was there is probably either dead or nothing was there to begin with!"
[OoC: does any body use an edged weapon that can be used to scrape the top layer off the piles so we can see what is underneath?]
Gurkagh is going to use his javelin to attempt to scrape away the outer layer.
With some effort you use the pointy stick to scrape off the outer layers.  Deep underneath is a puddle of viscous fluid that you suspect may have been an immature ooze, possibly recently reproduced by cell division, before it was stabbed and bashed out of its existence.  

[Poor baby Ooze...  Confused ]
"Vile oozes, we did the right thing. Let's do it again."  And he picks up another fist sized stone (without touching any of the ooze, and hurls it at the next mound.

Thrown rock [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19; Damage [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7
I'm not sure if you're aware of this but with the large pile of fungus acting a solid cover, in front of the second pile and to a lesser extent, the cavern wall you will need to move about 15' into the room to at least [F-2] to throw a stone at the next mound.

[I updated a map with your tokens.  If for some reason you don't like or can't properly see your token, and want me to focus more closely in on your character's face, let me know and I can update it.  Or if you want to fiddle with making a token yourself, you can go to http://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/ and make one yourself.  Then just send it to me.]

[Click on to enlarge!  Once you follow the link you might be able to click on it again to enlarge it more.]
[Image: Yn6iNdJm.jpg]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon