RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
Pressing his little hippo-like ear to the swollen and foul-smelling wood of the door, Rupert can't make out any noise at all.  The only sounds he can hear other than the group is a soft shifting of wood as the Wasp and the Riposte shift and drift while tethered together in the slow rainbow whirlpool.
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC: Can Bazz use his Prestidigitation to syphon off the water floating on the gravity plane? ]

"If we were to knock the bottom out of the barrel and then insert the barrel through the gravity plane, we could use it as a tunnel to avoid the slimy water." 

[That's if the bucket is wide enough.  If not then they probably have a barrel the right size back on the ship.]
[[Bazz has been successfully vanishing the slimy water with Prestidigitation as the hatchway is right around a cubic foot in size, give or take.  This is how Rupert entered the helmroom with minimal mess to toss out the various items and haul out the lizardfolk helmsman's body.  Knocking the bottom out of the bucket, Melville could fit through, but Bazz would need a barrel and Rupert would struggle to fit through even that. I believe the issue of getting through the hatch into the helmroom has been resolved sufficiently, unless there is more investigation you all want to do in there.]]
I think we are done with the Helm room for now?
We need to check the door to the cargo hold for traps, before we try to open it, and perhaps hear noise as well for signs of survivors or possible ambush.
(04-01-2021, 03:18 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: [[Bazz has been successfully vanishing the slimy water with Prestidigitation as the hatchway is right around a cubic foot in size, give or take.  This is how Rupert entered the helmroom with minimal mess to toss out the various items and haul out the lizardfolk helmsman's body.  Knocking the bottom out of the bucket, Melville could fit through, but Bazz would need a barrel and Rupert would struggle to fit through even that. I believe the issue of getting through the hatch into the helmroom has been resolved sufficiently, unless there is more investigation you all want to do in there.]]

[OoC: sorry.  I'm trying to catch up and include some things I would have done during the time I missed.  If Melville has nothing further he wants to do in there then Bazz will move his prestidigitation to focus on the door to clean everything, with special care provided to the hinges and the Crack around the door.]
(04-01-2021, 03:34 PM)Bazzalan Horngrin Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 03:18 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: [[Bazz has been successfully vanishing the slimy water with Prestidigitation as the hatchway is right around a cubic foot in size, give or take.  This is how Rupert entered the helmroom with minimal mess to toss out the various items and haul out the lizardfolk helmsman's body.  Knocking the bottom out of the bucket, Melville could fit through, but Bazz would need a barrel and Rupert would struggle to fit through even that. I believe the issue of getting through the hatch into the helmroom has been resolved sufficiently, unless there is more investigation you all want to do in there.]]

[OoC: sorry.  I'm trying to catch up and include some things I would have done during the time I missed.  If Melville has nothing further he wants to do in there then Bazz will move his prestidigitation to focus on the door to clean everything, with special care provided to the hinges and the Crack around the door.]

[[OOC: No worries.  Rupert did request that Bazz check the door for traps before he went to check out the helmroom.  I accidently edited your post instead of replying to it.]]

After a couple of castings of Prestidigitation Bazz has had visual impact on the door.  It is obviously less swollen and pitted.  Everyone is pretty sure this is going to make it so much easier to open a roll won't even be necessary.
Rupert will loudly whisper, "WE DO NOT KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY SURVIVORS OR ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE SLIME CREATURES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT DOOR, EITHER WAY WE MAY BE FACING AN AMBUSH. DOES SOMEONE WITH BETTER HEARING THAN ME WANT TO TAKE A MOMENT AND LISTEN FOR ANY SIGNS OF LIFE ON THE OTHERSIDE OF THIS DOOR, OR AT LEAST CHECK THAT THE DOOR IS FREE OF OBVIOUS TRAPS, BEFORE I OPEN IT!"
[OoC is aid another an option in 5e? Melville is skilled with thieves tools but does not own a set.. but maybe he could assist Bazz?]

The barrel idea is a good one, the bucket is way too smal, it is just a bucket after all. Is there a barrel that the Ripostre has that would be big inough for a giff to get through? Or just Melville and Bazz?
[[Help is an action one may take to give another character advantage on a skill or attack roll.  Melville can totally assist Bazz to give him advantage.  Additionally, as stated earlier, I am fine with retconning that Slick would have let you borrow her theives tools if you wanted.]]

Slick reports to Melville that all of the barrels aboard are standard sized, so Rupert is going to have a problem fitting through them.  [[Basically Rupert trying to crawl through a barrel would require an acrobatics check to avoid breaking the barrel in some way in the effort]]  She asks if you need one sent over.

It is apparent that the only reason the slime was a barrier in the helmroom was due to it's placement on the gravity plane.  Unless something else is going on, that is the only place on the ship that you know of that could have that happen.  The other door is a standard door above the plane, so any slime would collect around the bottom.  It is unlikely that the slime could maintain a vertical curtain-like effect.
At 7'7" tall and weighing in at a healthy 710lbs. I do not think Rupert could even start to get into the barrel with out being greased up.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon