RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
"That sounds both exciting and terrifying," Bazzalan exclaims!  The Satyr then holds up his tankard and adds, "Let's drink to you escaping those bastard Raiders!"  Bazz then takes a long drink from his tankard.  

"So are ya both natives of this Crystal Sphere?"
Quote this message in a reply
"I am not from Bralspace, or Spiralspace, whichever you prefer to call it. My homeworld is Foresti, The Sapphire Crown, in the Glowrings. But I have been to Bral several times aboard my initial position as apprentice navigator with the Uspo Blizzard. Later I served a similar role aboard a Sindiath Line vessel, the Amaranthine but my tour just ended, so i am seeking a new contract. Something more, lucrative, I hope."
Sinistra drops Rupert and Melville's coins back on the table, minus the tips of course, bobs again and disappears towards the bar.
"HEAR IS TO EESCAPING THOSE NEOGI BASTARDS! I AM FROM BRAL".exclaims Rupert
[OoC1: Sinstra hasn't replied to Bazz.]

[OoC2: Can Bazz make an Insight or History check to see if he knows anything about what Melville is talking about?]

Skill Check: [1d20] = 13; Add +1 for Insight or add +2 for History.

Bazz will listen intently to both of the visitor's stories.  When finished, he says, "Well my coin is disappearing all too quickly, too!  It may be my own fault with my insistence of paying for meals for strangers! <laughs> Perhaps this Captain Revello Threadvine could use an entertainer for his crew and/or an advisor for whatever negotiations are required."
(12-07-2020, 09:44 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: Sinistra drops Rupert and Melville's coins back on the table, minus the tips of course, bobs again and disappears towards the bar.

[OOC: This was Sinistra's response.  She returned their money and applied it to the tab that Bazz opened, then went to fill the order for a new round]

Bazz recalls that Glowrings is a sphere a couple spheres away, roughly a month or two of travel from Bralspace.  There are some stories that he has heard of Foresti, an interesting planet that is primary a cold waterworld, but with several large islands covered in thick tundra forest.  It is primary a Dohwar controlled world, although the Gromman and Hadozee are well represented there also.  The stories that Bazz has heard centered on the exploits of a Scro General hunting down and destroying a Lich pilot of an undead pyramid ship.  It was in orbit around Foresti that the hunt was finally concluded back during the second Unhuman War.

He is also familiar with the Sindiath Line as it is one of the larger merchant guilds on Bral.
(12-11-2020, 01:15 AM)GM Anthraxus Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 09:44 PM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: Sinistra drops Rupert and Melville's coins back on the table, minus the tips of course, bobs again and disappears towards the bar.

[OOC: This was Sinistra's response.  She returned their money and applied it to the tab that Bazz opened, then went to fill the order for a new round]

Bazz recalls that Glowrings is a sphere a couple spheres away, roughly a month or two of travel from Bralspace.  There are some stories that he has heard of Foresti, an interesting planet that is primary a cold waterworld, but with several large islands covered in thick tundra forest.  It is primary a Dohwar controlled world, although the Gromman and Hadozee are well represented there also.  The stories that Bazz has heard centered on the exploits of a Scro General hunting down and destroying a Lich pilot of an undead pyramid ship.  It was in orbit around Foresti that the hunt was finally concluded back during the first Unhuman War.

He is also familiar with the Sindiath Line as it is one of the larger merchant guilds on Bral.

[OoC: Sorry!  I must have blacked out or something to miss that!  Confused  ]

Bazzalan thanks the tiefling for making the change to the bill.

[OoC2:  How long ago was the first Unhuman War.  Do I know anything about it?]

[OoC3: Does Bazz know of any tales about a double sized Neogi Death Spider making raids in the last few months?]

Skill Check: [1d20] = 15; Add +1 for insight or +2 for History.

"Perhaps if we presented ourselves to the Captain post haste we might be able to easily secure 3 positions.  Finding 3 skilled people looking for work would be less work for him.  Of course we'd have to make sure his rates aren't poor."
[OOC: My apologies, that should be the Second Unhuman War, which began roughly 20 years ago, as Scro were not a known entity prior to then.  It is commonly accepted that this war ended with the Battle of the Broken Sphere in 5045, although there are still Goblinoid fleets out amongst the flow that believe the war is still raging.  The current year is 5055.]

The second Unhuman war was started with the invasion of many small colonies and planets by great fleets lead by the Scro, but consisting of crews of many goblinoid races and allied with a large number of Neogi.  They were primarily countered by the Imperial Elvish Navy (including Sindiath Line vessels pressed into service), the Shou, and a multitude smaller fleets, planetary forces, and individual ships.  Besides the scope and breadth of the conflict across dozens of spheres, it was also notable for the deployment of Witchlight Marauders, terrible eldritch beasts released by the Scro forces as weapons of terror and scorched earth tactics.

There haven't been any reports of a gargantuan Deathspider that you have heard, but there are many rumors around that the Neogi are becoming more active in the sphere.
[OoC I think the first Unhuman war was over 200 years ago if Abraxus is using Westermeyer's Bralspace setting.  More recent memory the second Unhuman war was when it changed names from Spiralspace (the main planet is an elven planet called Spiral) to Bralspace.  The scro conquered and blockaded Spiral, they still hold it but elvers, humans and dwarves on the surface still fight on. Bral brokered a truce with the scro. Of course Abraxus can slide backwards or forwards on that timeline, he hasn't established that yet. Or he could rewrite it.]

"As soon as I finish my meal and this ale, I intend to head down to the docks to see this ship straightaway. I'd be glad of the company."
Rupert picks up his mug and takes a swig, befor announcing, "I AM READY WHENEVER YOU 2 ARE, AND WILL BE GLAD FOR UOUR COMPANY!  HEAR IS TO A LONG AND PROSPEROUS FRIENDSHIP!", and Rupert raise his mug in another toast.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon