RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
Woryn looks at Jendu. "We have no more information on the bounty hunters than that. I am actually surprised we even have their names, There will be other hunters of course, those a little less... conspicuous."

He looks at the group, "I doubt Syn will be willing to just trust you. He's being hunted by every scum in the galaxy that wants the Empire's credits. Do you have any idea how will you earn his trust when you find him? We want him to come willingly if possible, not be coerced against his will"
Quote this message in a reply
"Sadly, I won't be joining you," Jendu replies.  "The last time we met, I was but a learner but now I am the... well... individual who finds people like you jobs."

When Woryn again asks how this handful of dangerous bounty hunters were going to talk him into joining them, Jendu begins to get an unsettling feeling.  "I'm sure they will do fine!  I know for a fact that Korstyn is empathetic, even-tempered and adept at fostering the sense of trust required to have him return with him!"

"Look at the time," Jendu says while peering at the comlink attached to his forearm.
"She is?" Shunna asks with genuine surprise, when Jundu mentions Korstyn's diplomatic skill.  "I mean, I've only known Korstyn for a short time.  She did well in the command position until Zero figured out a way to get us away from the Vulture droids.  But that's a little different than convincing a terrified informant to ignore his all his instincts to run."
"I can be pretty persuasive. I admit I suck at lying, but we will not be lying to the man. Will we?"
"Let's just say that if the Zeltron doesn't work, I can make him an offer he can't refuse."  Korstyn is completely deadpan.
[OoC: Craaap!  Even with Dez's +5 bonus to change attitudes (+13 total), Jendu still has a better Persuasion (+16) than her.  He can also use Deception (+16).  Confused ]

"See what I mean," Jendu says after Dez explains she's fairly skilled at persuasion.  "They have the skills to succeed!  But since you aren't skilled in the art of deception, I would suggest you just be honest and not attempt to deceive him.  If he suspects you're lying then you could destroy all the good will you've managed to create with him."

When Korstyn adds her threat, whether it was meant as a joke or not, Jendu replies, "This situation is delicate.  We don't want him to be too scared to speak with us because someone threatened him.  Most rational people would want to help the rebellion.  Unfortunately, not everyone thinks rationally when they're being hunted down by who knows how many Bounty Hunters.  So in the best interests of the mission, I would suggest you speak with him without the use of threats."
Korstyn just tilts her head curiously, knowing that no one can see her facial expressions beneath her helm.  “Your concern is noted.  If you’re so worried I’ll threaten him into submission, why not tag along and actually convince him in your way?”
(04-25-2021, 02:01 PM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: "Let's just say that if the Zeltron doesn't work, I can make him an offer he can't refuse."  Korstyn is completely deadpan.

"My name is Dez, not 'the Zeltron', or should I start calling you 'the human'?"  Dez chuckles  

"If he is an empath, whoever does the convincing better be sincere."
Korstyn turns to 'the Zeltron' and shrugs.  "Better question to ask me might be 'Am I a Human'."  There is no way to tell if she is grinning or not, as she still refuses to lower her helm.
(04-26-2021, 12:41 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: Korstyn just tilts her head curiously, knowing that no one can see her facial expressions beneath her helm.  “Your concern is noted.  If you’re so worried I’ll threaten him into submission, why not tag along and actually convince him in your way?”

"If only I had the time," Jendu replies sincerely enough that you might believe him. 

[Deception: [1d20+16]=6+16=22; Even if Deception doesn't work on PC's, with a 22 he should still sound fairly convincing.

"But there's a lot going on behind the scenes that I must attend to."  

"Woryn, did we determine the race of Syn?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon