RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
Gurkagh steps forward with his big rock,, but if the critter was expecting the big rock to be dropped downward from overhead it will be surprised when the rock actually catches it (or Gurkagh tries anyway) on the chin on it's way up.

two-handed rock attack [1d20+4]=11+4=15; damage [1d8+3]=7+3=10
Quote this message in a reply
I thought there was a second creature at A-12 as well as critter #1 at A-11? what was that other token that is no longer on the map?
[OoC: @Reawyn nope.  As I said in my post, "[The symbol beside Creature 1 is a hiding/cover symbol.]," that is a status icon showing he is hiding.  I gave him the +4 cover bonus but you still hit him. ]

Initiatives:
  • 22.6 Essaccus [Taken 5 damage]
  • 19.2 Creature 1 [DEAD!]
  • 17.2 Reawyn [Taken 1 damage]
  • 10.2 Creature 2
  • 5.4 Cyn
  • 5.4 Eve
  • 5.3 Gurkagh
  • 5.2 Creature 3 [DEAD]
  • 5.2 Creature 4 [DEAD!]
Chittering with excitement, the charging creature's recklessness leaves it vulnerable and Gurkagh uppercuts the small critter with the rock, driving its jaw up into its face and lopping off it's own tongue.  The force of the blow flips the critter off its feet causing it to then crash face first into the sand. Then a long vine-like tongue plops onto Gurkagh's boot. 
Charge Attack: [1d20+3]=17+3=20, Damage: [1d6]=3; HIT!  Only because the critter was charging and lost 2 pts to its AC.

[NEW ROUND!  It's now Essaccus and Reawyn's turns!]

[Image: r4DF1WFm.png]
Reawyn will move through Gurkagh's space and then step over the body of critter #4 to move diagonally to F-5, to then attack creature #2 with his long spear. [Positioning to make iit much harder for the creature to retreat, even with a Withdraw action, without provoking an AoO]

]MW longspear attack [1d20+2]=4+2=6; Damage [1d8]=5Miss

At least I'm in position someone else might be able to move to flank (ie.ESSACUS with a 5' step to G-8)
(02-11-2021, 05:34 PM)Reawyn Wrote: Reawyn will move through Gurkagh's space and then step over the body of critter #4 to move diagonally to F-5, to then attack creature #2 with his long spear. [Positioning to make iit much harder for the creature to retreat, even with a Withdraw action, without provoking an AoO]

]MW longspear attack [1d20+2]=4+2=6; Damage [1d8]=5Miss

At least I'm in position someone else might be able to move to flank (ie.ESSACUS with a 5' step to  G-8)

[OoC: Keep in mind that if he decides to 'withdraw' toward you, your reach weapon will be useless because he ignores the first 5'.  And Essaccus goes before you so he would give you a flank when you moved but you would still miss. ]
E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 will full attack flurry of blows against creature #2.
Wyroot MW Dan Bong Attack = [1d20+2]=16+2=18+1 (MW)=19, Dan Bong Damage = [1d6+2]=4+2=6
Dan Bong Attack = [1d20+2]=18+2=20, Dan Bong Damage = [1d6+2]=3+2=5
While holding the loop at the end of the short stick, Essaccus makes a single quick sweeping motion with his arm.  There's a crack from the stick shattering the critters cheekbone.  The critter staggers backward and crumbles to the ground while the monk finishes the sweep by spinning the weapon by the strap of the Dan Bong around his hand and then catching the stick. 

Example of Dan Bong:

EVERYTHING IS DEAD!  I WILL ADD THE 160xp TO THE EXPERIENCE THREAD!]

[Image: OgQuj5Fm.png]
[OoC: That was, by challenge rating, considered a 'Challenging' random encounter.   Undecided  Obviously I will need to bump the challenge up a little bit so the combat lasts more than one and a half rounds.  Tongue ]

So what are you guys doing?
Gurkagh picks up the tongue and puts in his pouch of fetishes. Then starts to search the creature at his feet.
E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 will examine the creature he dropped.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon