RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
Nightingale had sized up the man who summoned them, and while still finding him wanting, didn't find it completely abhorrent to work for him. Having got what she wanted from this meeting, she looked at her two companions to see if they had anything further to ask or add.
Quote this message in a reply
/
"Well I guess it is time for us to re-join our friends then and see what they have found. I believe they were seeking our accommodations."

He looks at the Mayor.

"There is not just the three of us, we have two other companions that went to your inn to establish our accommodations for the night. I cannot speak for my friends, but I accept your offer, as I believe they will as well. We shall find out the source of that apple for you."

He looks again at Kriv and Nightingale.

"If we are to be below ground for a long time, that means we will need to get some  equipment to be prepared for that. I am only prepared for a few hours, not for days."

Looking at the mayor.

"Does the village have a shop where we can buy such things as a lantern and oil?"
Kriv nods, "Rope, rations and such would be useful if the tower is the only part above ground." The dragonborn spoke up his words deep and with a strange accent that was hard to place.
With rooms secure and the information gathered from the innkeeper, Aethos heads out to find his friends and share what he's learned.

Perception: 1d20+6 = 26
Investigation: 1d20+3 = 14
---Arius, Kriv and Nightingale---

[Image: Yn4yrui.png?1]

The Mayor nodded, "Thank you all for tending to this situation for us." 

"As far as supplies, you can check the local general store.  The owner is quite well supplied as they own dozens of such stores across the sword coast.  They are a noble family of merchants, and I do believe the local owner has a bounty set for the return of some adventurers who were her kin. Apparently they made their way down to the citadel and have not returned. Probably not much hope for them, but I'd check with matron just in case." 

The Mayor smiled, "The opportunity for a little extra coin never hurt anyone eh?"

---Aethos and Leloth---

Aethos figures they went toward the Mayors office or the one offering the bounty. With a few glances around the town he is quick to spot both establishments. After only a few moments he spotted his friends exiting the Mayors office. 

---Mourn and Lovise---

Both Mourn and Lovise exited the building.  They decided this job was likely more trouble than it was worth and made their way back to camp to contemplate their life choices. 

(DM - If you two make your way back toward the site, I'll consider dropping you back in.  Till then consider yourselves effectively green tubed.)
Stepping back out into the street, Arius looks for the general store, or any sign that might indicate it.

[Perception [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16] he is not expecting to see Athos, but if he does, so much the better
Nightingale takes her leave of the mayor and follows Arius outside.

"Helping more blasted nobles." she thought, snorting air sharply through her nose, "Why is it always these people who seem to think they have it worst off?!"
Lovise leans ever so slightly toward the woman.  "Oh, surely there is something. Perhaps a tale or rhyme that children tell in the dark, to scare each other"
---Lovise---

[Image: h1UoS8c.png]

Lovise after a bit of consideration, feels that she will stick around. She can always track down Mourn later. But this adventure does catch her attention enough to consider seeing it through. Though, without Mourn, she will likely need to pick up a group to assist her.

The Lady just shakes her head, "I don't pay attention to such stories unless they start to prove true enough to affect my business or my family. But you can check with the local Inn Keeper, he always has a story to tell about some farmers superstitions." 

---Athos, Arius, Kriv, Leloth, and Nightingale---

Athos waves to Arius as he and Leloth come up the road from the inn as Arius, Kriv and Nightingale exit the Mayors office.  Arius instantly sees his other two companions walking up to rejoin them.
Arius tips his hat to his friends.

"The mayor has confirmed the offer of the Lords of Neverwinter, they just want us to ascertain whether the intentions of the goblins be ill or benign. The Mayor highly doubts it is possible that the goblins are just mercantile. But our word will be good enough. The goblins apparently make their home in the Sunless Citadel, a sunken structure just outside town."

"How fared you at the inn?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon