RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Black Hills Caves: Exploration Day 2
Red Dot is where you are...

[Image: g6BmWaNm.png]

The northern wall of this otherwise empty metal room is a tangle of what look to have once been strange cages of some sort. Tangled amid the metal ribs of these cages are ribs of a more organic nature—the ancient bones of some sort of alien creature.  Smaller mounds of rubble lie against the opposite wall.

You've been here: Explore or continue?
Quote this message in a reply
We did not serarch the junk opiles as a group the lat time, Reawytn voices his opinion that we should, not so much looking for items, but look how easily we missed those halflings the first time.
E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 will volunteer to search the junk piles.
Perception Check = [1d20+8] = 12+8 = 20
This room has already been searched.  It's where Eva found, grippers, a black e-pick, and two batteries.  

Other than the bones, there's not much anything of use in here.  

[You can make a knowledge Nature to try to figure out any additional information about the bones.]

[OoC: Which way are you going to go next?]
Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10] = 9+10 = 19
(01-02-2021, 07:57 PM)Reawyn Wrote: Knowledge (nature) [1d20+10] = 9+10 = 19

The bones are Old.  So old that merely touching any of them causes them to crumble to dust.  So you observe the bones at a distance and you can see that they belong to a small, six-legged creature that may have had quills.  Judging from the placement of its eye sockets at the front of the skull and it's sharp teeth you figure these creatures were carnivorous.  The rounded back suggests it could probably roll itself up into a ball and let its spike like quills defend against attacks from larger creatures.  You notice that many smaller skeletons seem located near the larger creature's tummies.  In a crash, the babies would have been thrown all over the cage unless something was holding them in place like a marsupial pouch.  Your final thoughts are that you've never heard of any animals that match this description and these creatures could truly be alien to this planet.
Reawyn will describe the creatures he imagines these once were to the others, "But I doubt any survived, because with no natural predators the area would be overrun by them if they did."

[OoC famous last words lol]
[OoC: I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I added the second map to my Signature.  I will do the same for when you enter the next area so you don't have to go looking for maps.]

[[Are you moving on?]]
(01-08-2021, 04:50 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC: I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I added the second map to my Signature.  I will do the same for when you enter the next area so you don't have to go looking for maps.]

[[Are you moving on?]]

Let's go ahead room by room if nothing happens.
At that E.S.S.A.C.C.U.S-10 moves forewords towards the next room, his Dan Bong' s stowed in his robes, but ever at the ready.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon