RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

~Character Construction/ Creation~
I've taken a look at your character.  

First: You're a new character so all your stats should be at minimum of each score.  So Poor = 3, Typical = 5, Good = 8, Excellent = 16, Remarkable =26.  So you will need to recalculate your spending.

Second:  I'm looking at your Growth Power and it's Remarkable.  That will give you +2 Column Shift to your current strength.  Currently, that will give you a Remarkable 26 Strength (Base=good.  +1cs= Excellent.  +2cs = Remarkable). Remarkable strength is the equivalent of 1 ton (about 2000 pounds).   If I were you, I'd bump your regular strength up to Ex 16 and then your Giant Strength would be Incredible 36 (10 tons). 

Third: Are you sure you want to have Good Resources?  Good rank is the equivalent of Professional Employment or middle class.  You're 16 years old.  You might have this rank if you have a large allowance from rich parents or a tiny inheritance.  (I say 'tiny' because Excellent Resources means you have a 'small' inheritance)

Fourth:  I honestly don't like limitations unless it makes sense for the character.  They just feel difficult to adjudicate. According to the PHB, Limitations were meant to bump up the odd weak power ONE rank, not make a strong power even stronger.  Just giving 40pts (which can buy you a Remarkable 30 power rank) doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the rules.  The character points idea came from an old Polyhedron magazine so I want to double check the source and get back to you.  I may need to tweak the rules slightly so I'll get back to you. 

Fifth: We have someone who can shrink and someone who can Teleport.  I would rather you not have the teleport power because it's a 'star' power which means it's really powerful and we already have one person who can do it.   Shrinking isn't a 'star' power so if you reeeeally want it then you can take it. 

Sixth:  You may or may not want to alter your ability scores.  For example, an Excellent Fighting means formal training (equal to Cyclops, Night crawler or the Armed Forces).  Excellent Agility means Intensive training in Dexterity and/or accuracy.  Good strength is about 400 pounds (Excellent, like I suggested, is 800 pounds). Excellent Endurance means Regular Exercise (Daredevil and Human Torch).  If you bumped it up to Remarkable it means Intensive Exercise (Like Captain America and Cyclops), Bumping it to Incredible means Enhanced abilities (Like Spiderman).  I usually don't worry to much about what rank your endurance is because it's kind of a catch-all stat for getting hit points.  Poor Reason means you've had little exposure to technology but you understand complexed machines.  Having a Typical Intuition and Psyche just means you're at normal human levels.

So work on this.  I will get back to you about the limitation.
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by GM Marvel - 07-23-2015, 07:20 AM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by Aurum - 07-25-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by Blink - 08-20-2015, 08:29 AM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by Aurum - 05-05-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by Aurum - 05-05-2016, 11:50 PM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by Brunt - 08-16-2021, 02:40 AM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by GM Marvel - 08-18-2021, 05:14 AM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by Brunt - 08-18-2021, 11:37 AM
RE: ~Character Construction/ Creation~ - by Brunt - 08-18-2021, 07:44 PM