RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
(01-09-2021, 12:49 AM)Melville Wrote: Melville begins plotting a course to the shell via the shortest possible route, but avoiding known hazards.
Naviogation [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12

How does my feat assist in this, do I get advantage on the roll or is that only for maintaining heading?  And the times you gave , do they factor in my automatic 10% faster?
Quote:Spelljammer Navigation
• While helming or navigating a spelljamming ship, you know how to make the most of 
celestial bodies and gravity wells in wildspace. You arrive at your destination 10% faster 
when dedicating your time to one of these two activities inside a Sphere.
You have studied the Phlogiston and know all of the known paths between spheres. 
• When helming or navigating in the Phlogiston, you can decide which sphere to travel to 
rather than being at the whim of the currents. Additionally, you may try to forge a new 
path. To do so, make a Wisdom (Survival) check versus a DC determined by the DM 
(based on the distance and difficulty of getting to the new sphere from the chosen 
position). On a success, you create a new known path between two spheres. On a 
failure, there is no telling where your ship will end up.
• You have advantage on ability checks to maintain your heading.

[OOC: no, those times did not take into account your feat.  I would say setting a heading counts as "maintaining" it as well, so go ahead and take advantage on that check.  The adjusted times with that 10%  are shown below:
DC10 - 13.5 days
DC15 - 10.5 days (rounded out)
DC20 - 8-9 days (possibly record time for a trip from the rock to the shell)]
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
S WE COULD SIT DOWN - by Rupert Gladestone - 12-01-2020, 05:47 AM
RE: A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread] - by GM Anthraxus - 01-09-2021, 01:38 AM