RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Droskar's Crucible
The two listened to Lucian, Satoru and Larz and then glancing at each other then Edgrin Started.

My Comrades and I were taken prisoner and brought before the King. He was a very dangerous mercurial Personality. He has an unusual Crown. It radiated magic. It looks like a golden band surrounded by iron spikes that glisten with fresh blood. It looks like he added a Kobold skull to it, affixing it with tough plant ties that bind the two together. Our wizard, Canto, said he thought the item wasnt completely activated because of what he ascertained. They sacrificed him first on an altar nearby and dripped his blood over the Crown. In the following days they sacrificed 3 others of my party; The Paladin George Esdraelon, our Rogue Zinga Falth, and our Cleric Bella. I was only kept alive due to my ability to keep them entertained. With each sacrifice the power of the Crown seemed to grow stronger. King Merlorkrep had a standing order to bring any prisoners to him for sacrifice. They brought Barlus in not long ago, but the King had gone deep in the ruins in search of information....I think, about the crown.

He returned and the day he was going to sacrifice Barlus A Wizard...with a small entourage of powerful assistants, entered and parlayed with the King...that was about a week ago. This Wizard..I think his name was Drazmorg, was going on about some seal within the depths of the Crucible and trying to find out if Merlokrep knew anything about it.  Merlokrep and Drazmorg didnt see eye to eye and a fight occurred. Drazmorgs power easily scattered the Truescale Tribe. And The wizard and his group went deeper. The Truescales returned and Merlokrep lead some of his more powerful allies after the wizard. He has not returned. Instead Jekkajak, the Sorceror has been leading the tribe in The Kings absence. Everyone believes he will return and when he does, thats when Colbrin will be sacrificed. That could be any day. 

About 4 days ago, We started having Nightmares ...horrific dreams about things crawling out of a shadowy realm. We decided we needed to get out of there and made a break for it yesterday. fighting past a few guards and sneaking to the elevator til an opportunity when we could come up to this floor but they came in hot pursuit of us. and thank the Gods you came when you did.
Quote this message in a reply
Lucian nodded in agreement with Larz and waited for everyone to answer if they were ready once Edgrin was finished with his story.  Whatever was down there, it fell on them to sort it out and save that prisoner before he was sacrificed, and of course make sure none of them took his place.
Okay Edgrin, This is what I need from you, As Larz speaks he's digging around his pack. he finds the prayer book and turns to the back of the book where he finds a blank page. Looking up at Lucian he asks for a quill and ink, I need you to help me draw a map of where they are holding the prisoner.  With the bards help he draws out the map of the area below where the Bard has been.
Knowing she was about to throw herself once more into the fight, the paladin began unbuckling the hardness that secured the breastplate she wore. She had been working on this for a few days now and the need for better fortification was needed. As her breastplate fell away a shimmering force of shining metal appeared surrounding her upper torso, her shoulders, her hands and her lower legs. The armor crafted from the purity of the paladin's soul shone softly in the lights of her gnomish friends spell. We must go save anymore captives these vile creatures have imprisoned.
Toryn listened with rapt attention as the bard recounted their harrowing experience. The plot thickens! What was supposed to be a series of fairly straightforward jobs had blossomed into an entire conspiracy, filled with power-hungry kobolds, blood sacrifices and some kind of malevolent relic in the middle of it all. Plus a mysterious wizard to boot! One wouldn't think the gnome had the attention span to sit still for more than 10 minutes, but Toryn was actually an avid reader, and he particularly enjoyed those epic tales of heroes embarking on quests to save the world (and books on root vegetable agriculture).

Indeed! Toryn voiced his enthusiastic agreement, then rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he started thinking out loud. Hmm, I wonder what the fair market value of a blood-powered crown is. Probably cursed, so that may put a damper on the price- The gnome suddenly slapped his cheeks, shook his head and gently chided himself. Wait no, it is time for our heroic debut. Rescue first, salvage later! Salvage later...
Shaking her head, allowing her hide a smile behind those long blonde locks, Kallista tossed her used breastplate to the gnome, You can add this to your junk pile my friend, she said, then exhaled a slow breath, where is this elevator you used to escape?
With the map off the way to the prisoners below done, Larz turned his attention to the next step in there exploration of the Crucible. Capin Lucian so as I understand it we are going down to save the last prisoner, If I might make a suggestion Sir. After freeing Colbrin from the kobolds I think a quick trip back to town to clear up all the work we've been hired to do, then high tail it back here and clear this place out top to bottom. How does that set with you and Leftenant Kalista.

Waiting for the officers reply the young cleric turns to the two freed prisoners. You all can wait for us up stairs the building is cleared, I ain't sure about the Tower that stands alone we didn't get to clearin it out yet, so might somethin that's wantin to eat your skin inside. As long as you stay clear of the tower you should be alright.

Then turning back to Kalista Larz says Lady Kalista I only have one more thing to do and I;ll be ready to go. The young dwarf slowly walks over to where Dundero stands. They've all been around the dwarf long enough to know that he's struggling with something. Dundero if you would do me the honor of carrying this as well. The young cleric holds out his uncles axe. Let all those who stand against us fear the rath of the Glint Axe. Larz hands the axe to Dundero turns and walks back to Kalista. I'm ready to go.

before heading down stairs Larz treats wounds on Barlus 

(treat wounds on Barlus 2d8 =9)
Edgrin goes to work making a sketch map of the area. showing the two rooms between the group and downstairs. then lower he sketches the caverns and rooms he knows about downstairs. which is a lot because of entertaining. ((you can see the rooms on the map now. Not whats in them as far as occupants...but the rooms ...downstairs I will show when I start to play on that level. But Ive already opened it up ))
Dunndero beams at Larz, saying, " The honor is mine good sir! I will defeat as many enemies as I can with this fine weapon in your and your uncles honor!". With that he takes the axe and strikes a solemn salute to Larz.
Arielle places herself at the front again, using her extremely sensitive nose and her ability to see in the dark to navigate.

[[Arielle has innate darkvision and imprecise Scent and will use them to scout. She also has no armor so she can be very quiet.]]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon