RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Droskar's Crucible
Kallista rushed down the hall and sliced the head off the Kobold as he was beginning to reload again.

he fell to the floor.

((End of Combat))
Quote this message in a reply
Kicking the head of the dead kobold off into the shadows, the Paladin turned and returned to the large chamber to see Breezy and Larz already beginning to the tend to the wounds of the others. Nodding to Lucien, she continued on her way toward the halfling. You said your name is Edgrin, well met. I am Kallista. Then gesturing to the others, she introduced each in turn, leaving the wizard for last. And this is Lucien, he has both Mine and Larz's full support.
Breezy sets about slapping his magic mud plaster on itself first. And then looks at both Larz, and Toryn. 

Failed roll to patch itself, and Toryn healing Larz
Medicine Check: 1d20+8=23
Heal: 2d8=9
The last known Kobold slain the party looked around and breathed a sigh of relief. It had been close to a solid couple minutes of battle now and the adrenalin was coursing threw their bodies. They had passed by a sleeping quarters that possibly could hold something of value, as well as the kitchen just off of this mess hall.

a glance in the kitchen showed it was once well appointed, but now suffers from neglect. Shelves are covered in broken stone and other refuse lining the walls. Across the room an old rusty cauldron rests in the ashes of an ancient fire.

Breezy and Larz begin treating wounds on the group

Kallista begins to talk to the Halfling and he says Yes. Names Edgrin. Thanks for the timely rescue. I and Barlus escaped yesterday from the prison. We couldnt take Colbrin, because he was unconscious from his beating. Barlus ran through those doors by where that Kobolds head is. I hid in the kitchen until I heard you coming and tried to get into a position to help. by the way, do one of you think you can fix my Lute? I had to bash a kobold in the head with it during my escape.

Brilliant Breeze AC:19 HP:18/28 Saves: FO:+6 RE:+6 WL:+10 Perception:+8 CDC:18 SDC:18
2nd Druid (Untamed) Male Leaf Leshy  Resistances: n/a Immunities: Fall Damage
Archtype/Dedication: ?? Hero Points: 2 Reactions: Shield Block

Dunndero AC:19 HP: 24/(32)30 Saves: FO:+8 RE:+8 WL:+4 Perception:+6 CDC:18 SDC: n/a
2nd Fighter Male Half-Orc Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Wrestler Dedication Hero points: 1 Reactions: Attack of Opportunity, Shield Block

Kallista AC:19 HP:30/32 Saves: FO:+8 RE:+5 WL:+7 Perception:+5 CDC:18 SDC: 15
2nd Champion Female Human Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Mind Smith Hero Points: 2 Reactions: Shield Block, Reactionary Strike

Larz AC: AC:17 HP:26/(30)28 Saves: FO:+8 RE:+5 WL:+9 Perception:+7 CDC:17 SDC:17
2nd Cleric Male Dwarf  Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Medic Hero Points: 1  Reactions: Shield Block

Lucien AC:16 HP:20/20 Saves: FO:+4 RE:+6 WL:+8 Perception:+6 CDC:18 SDC:18
2nd Wizard (Battle Wizard) Male Human Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archetype/Dedication: Psychic (Infinite Eye) Hero Points: 2 Reactions: none

Oriana AC:17 HP:32/32 Saves: FO:+10 RE:+8 WL:+5 Perception:+5 CDC:18 SDC:18
2nd Kineticist {Water/Fire} Female Human Resistances: B/S weapon damage 2 Acid/Fire 4 Electricity 1 Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Dragon Disciple Hero Points: 3 Reactions: Deflecting Wave

Satoru AC:15 HP:34/34 Saves: FO:+9 RE:+5 WL:+6 Perception:+4 CDC:18 SDC:18
2nd Summoner Male Kitsune (Empty Sky)  Resistances: n/a Immunities n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Bard Hero Points: 3 Reactions: Feather Fall

Arielle AC:19 HP:32/34 Saves: FO:+7 RE:+8 WL:+5 Perception:+3- CDC: n/a SDC: n/a
Fey Trickster Eidolon (Magical Understudy)  Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a Reactions: none

Toryn AC:18 HP: 19/(28)26 Saves: FO:+6 RE:+10 WL:+6 Perception:+6 CDC:18 SDC:162nd Rogue (Thief) Male Gnome (Fey Touched) Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a
Archtype/Dedication: Psychic (Tangible Dream) Hero Points: 2 Reactions: Shield (Amped)

Edgrin AC:17 HP:31/32 Saves: FO:+8 RE:+8 WL:+5 Perception:+7 CDC:18 SDC:18
2nd Bard Halfling Male Resistances: n/a Immunities: n/a Reactions: n/a
Breezy in the background is slapping mud on people, and chattering away in druidic at them more than to them as he does so.  

Medicine: Medicine: 1d20+8=26 Medicine 2: 1d20+8=19
Breezy Healing: 2d8=9  Toryn Healing: 2d8=13
Dunndero moves to watch the hallway where Kallista killed the kobald scout, so that the group is not surprised by any more of the little twerps, and addresses the bard as he goes, " Thanks fer yer help, I felt your music helping ta inspire me to hit those little bastards eiser an lil harder!".
Oriana takes a few deep breaths as the last kobold falls and there are no more sounds of their skittering approaching. As Breezy and Larz start patching the party up, the kineticist does so as well, her salty balm finishing what their medicines and magics could not cover.

She nods in agreement to Dunndero's statement to the bard, his music had been uplifting in the heat of battle.

Actions:
Ocean's Balm on Breezy: 1d8=2 HP healed
Ocean's Balm on
Dunndero: 1d8=2 HP healed
Ocean's Balm on Kallista: 1d8=7 HP healed
Ocean's Balm on Larz: 1d8=2 HP healed
Ocean's Balm on Arielle: 1d8=2 HP healed
Ocean's Balm on Edgrin: 1d8=8 HP healed
The last Kobold fell and Lucian gave a sigh of relief as the battle ended. His adrenaline began to level out, a sensation he had grown accustomed to over the years. Part of being a Battle Mage was learning how to cast spells and focus through the adrenaline surges that often time narrowed your thinking to flight or fight responses. It was one of the primary things a good soldier always had to find a way to control. From Battlemage, to Shield Fighter, all the way down to a Field Courier, mastering that skill was critical to staying alive.   

After he steadied himself, the Wizard walked up to Edgrin and extended his hand in greeting, "Good to meet you Edgrin." He gave the Halfling a firm handshake if the little guy wasn't opposed. "I'm Lucian Blackwood. Battlemage Third Class, of the Andoran Republic. You're musical assistance was very appreciated."  
He called over to Toryn, "Can you take a look at his lute and see if you can fix it?" 
Then he turned back to Edgrin, "Were there any other prisoners down here besides you three?"
Giving a nod and soft "Thank you." to Oriana, Kallista followed Dunndero back up the hall. "Watch my back friend?" she asked the Half Orc and stepped into the hall to her right, heading inside to see about the other captive that Edgrin had mentioned. 

Perception: 1d20+5 25
Toryn borrowed the lute and got to work, nodding sagely as he did. Of course! What is an artist without his tools after all? The repairs were surprisingly swift; after about a minute, the lute was back in working condition. The broken neck was reinforced with some nails, sturdy leather straps, and a glue that smelled of potato starch, and the strings were pulled taught again. The gnome handed the instrument back to the halfling bard with a satisfied grin. I'm afraid you'll have to tune the strings yourself. Alas, I don't have the ear for musical calibration.

Once his own first aid was completed, Toryn ducked back down the hallway and returned hauling Glintaxe's armor and weapon, after carefully sticking them into several layers of sacks to minimize the residual ooze seepage. With a grunt of significant effort, he placed the sack at Larz's feet and revealed its contents. You may want to take a look at these, my bearded brethren.

Reboot The Lute: 1d20+6 19 10 hp repaired

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon