RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
"I would be the person speaking to them.  If you haven't noticed, I'm both a male and a human.  Why would I include the passenger list in my conversation?"
Quote this message in a reply
Korstyn just...stares at him.  For a few moments, nothing happens.  Then she finally reacts with an epic helmpalm.

[["Captain" Steele, ala Captain Picard]]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fam22.mediaite.com%2Ftms...f=1&nofb=1]

Then, while 'resting her eyes' in this way, she sighs and says "Carry on..."
"First, let's try to scan them," Jendu replies, ignoring Korstyn complete lack of anything resembling useful advice.  Knowing that accept for Zero, no one else in the party would know a computer even if they tripped over one, he calls both his droids to come and aid him with his computer check.

[Can his droids aid another with computers?  It says they can for Mechanics but why not mention Use Computers?  Also, it says they have Communication Jamming systems in them.  ]
(11-11-2021, 12:15 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: "First, let's try to scan them," Jendu replies, ignoring Korstyn complete lack of anything resembling useful advice.  Knowing that accept for Zero, no one else in the party would know a computer even if they tripped over one, he calls both his droids to come and aid him with his computer check.

[Can his droids aid another with computers?  It says they can for Mechanics but why not mention Use Computers?  Also, it says they have Communication Jamming systems in them.  ]

They get +17 to use computer VERSU communication jamming, not to assist communication jamming. This is due to them having Communication Countermeasures

But yes, they can aid another with use computer.
Jendu will attempt to scan the other ship.

Use Computer: [1d20+14]=2+14=16Dodgy  The droids auto-succeed with their aid another so that's +4 = 20. 

I believe we are around 18 squares away so that would be -5 on the check (every 10 squares is -5).  Final Total is 15.

DC 10 check result identifies the size of the Vehicle and determines whether is has Starship Shields active. 

A DC 15 check result reveals the exact make of the Starship (If the observer would recognize it- alien ships are simply identified as being of unknown manufacture) and the number of Weapon Systems it has (But not the exact type of Weapon Systems).
(11-11-2021, 04:01 AM)Jendu Verbenti Wrote: Jendu will attempt to scan the other ship.

Use Computer: [1d20+14]=2+14=16Dodgy  The droids auto-succeed with their aid another so that's +4 = 20. 

I believe we are around 18 squares away so that would be -5 on the check (every 10 squares is -5).  Final Total is 15.

DC 10 check result identifies the size of the Vehicle and determines whether is has Starship Shields active. 

A DC 15 check result reveals the exact make of the Starship (If the observer would recognize it- alien ships are simply identified as being of unknown manufacture) and the number of Weapon Systems it has (But not the exact type of Weapon Systems).

You have already identified it as an Imperial customs Frigate. They have 6 weapon systems, and their shields are definitely active. Not unusual, your shields are acticvve too.  Ships that have shields keep them active unless they are disabled.

[OoC why you never hear raise the shields  in star wars like you do in star trek]
"Pehaps one of the other pilots should jump into the fighter, my gut tells me we are in for a fight, and any body that can operate our guns should get on them now! I hope I am wrong, but if we don't prep quick, we are in for a pasting!", states Ubi.
Korstyn looks at the Besalisk.  "Is that an order?  'Captain'?"
"Oh Snap! No just a strong suggestion! Old habits and all that!", says Ubi.
"Oh.  Well, in that case..."  She unstraps from the command chair and stands.  "Does the snub have comm sequencing with this thing?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon