RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
"Should we identify those items first, whil Bazz takes a rest? It will take too long for me to get my spells used back, but at least if he is refreshed we will be more prepared."
Quote this message in a reply
He replies, "I don't see why not.  Best to know what we have to use, especially if you are wanting to rest before moving on.  Once you are done, we should work out what your plan of approach is for the tree."

[[OOC:  What items are you identifying?]]
{}OoC having to review what items there are as I cannot recall anything beyond trident through my brain fog this mornin (Iknow there are more)|
Magical Items
  • Helm (looks as if grown from living plant)
  • Staff -decorated with numerous objects
  • Chest - arcane locked, unopened
  • spoon made of carved antler with something written on it in what appears to be Orcish.
  • trident

Non-magical
  • 17 silver pieces in a small leather pouch.
  • 5 gp
  • 14 ep
  • 7 sp
  • 2 x Scimitars
  • 2 x bucklers
  • small golden locket with a drawn portrait of a lizardfolk
  • couple of small books of bound leaves bearing white script. One is written in Lizardfolk and the other is written in Giant.
  • dagger in a leather sheath.
  • carpentry tools (w/ wider than normal range of hand drills)
  • small book with leather pages and a cover made of a single, extremely thick and veined leaf. The book is roughly half filled with small, tight writing in Lizardfolk. The last half of the book is blank.
  • 2 x old battered wooden shields

Melville votes that he identify the staff first, obviously interested in it. But he will wait to see what the Captain wants identified first.
(07-27-2021, 05:31 PM)Melville Wrote: Magical Items
  • Helm (looks as if grown from living plant)
  • Staff -decorated with numerous objects
  • Chest - arcane locked, unopened
  • spoon made of carved antler with something written on it in what appears to be Orcish.
  • trident

Non-magical
  • 17 silver pieces in a small leather pouch.
  • 5 gp
  • 14 ep
  • 7 sp
  • 2 x Scimitars
  • 2 x bucklers
  • small golden locket with a drawn portrait of a lizardfolk
  • couple of small books of bound leaves bearing white script. One is written in Lizardfolk and the other is written in Giant.
  • dagger in a leather sheath.
  • carpentry tools (w/ wider than normal range of hand drills)
  • small book with leather pages and a cover made of a single, extremely thick and veined leaf.  The book is roughly half filled with small, tight writing in Lizardfolk.  The last half of the book is blank.
  • 2 x old battered wooden shields

Melville votes that he identify the staff first, obviously interested in it. But he will wait to see what the Captain wants identified first.

He also offers to use Comprehend Languages as a ritual later to read the books to see if they are of value.
To identify the helm you will have to go back to the Wasp.  It is a standard minor helm.

The staff is a druidic focus.

As you mention the chest is arcane locked.  How to you try to bypass it?

The spoon, whose command word is the Orcish word for fresh blood, when filled with edible food will heat or cool the spoonful to ideal serving temperature for the eater.  One use of the command word will last for one hour and can be used three times from dawn to dawn.

The trident grants a +1 to attack and damage and generates a weak stream of fresh air that is sufficient to double the duration of the wielders personal air envelope.  Within a ship envelope it should deduct the total crew count by one half a normal crewmember in regards to air requirements.

The white text book in Lizardfolk appears to be the ship log for the Stirge, a relatively new pirating vessel that is part of something called the Sidereal Broodclave. It seems to span about 8 months of travel logs and will take several hours to fully read through, but the final entry details the sighting of the Dark Tree just outside their crystal sphere, Pirtel.  They tethered to the tree and were beginning preparations to explore it as it was well lit, but seemed abandoned.

The white text book in Giant appears to be the personal journal of the helmsman/captain. She refers to herself as Glar, mate of Kekkek, and seems to spend copious words about the internal drama of the five man crew over the course of their travels.  It is even longer than the ship log but the last entry seems to be a day or two before the last entry in the ship log.

The leather paged book is the quartermaster log for the ship and seems to be quite detailed.
Looking the new carpentry tools, Melville hits on an idea.

"Rupert, drill the chest's hinges. It may take time, but you are guaranteed success eventually."
Olaf grabs his carpenters tools and sets yo work slowly and meticulously, so as to bypass the arcane lock and not set off any traps.
Can Rupert give me a Carpenter's Tool check with advantage?
I can't seem to paste my rolls from unseen servant in the quick reply box.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon