RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
"Blind luck, or fate, some might say they are two ways to spend the same coin. I'd say you were meant to know it. The question is how much do we heed the warning. If we truly heed it then we ought just depart and forget we ever saw it. but then if we do that whenever danger threatens, there will be little profit in this voyage."
Quote this message in a reply
Threadvine and Ashheart agree that checking out the ship is a reasonable first step, if we want to move forward.  The captain recognizes that this a potentially very risky detour on the stated goal of the expedition, so he is not going to demand an away party, but as exploration was part of the charter of this trip he will not forbid one either.  He does point out that the ship needs 8 crew to function fully, so any party that goes will be limited to four.  Far more than that have offered to be involved away parties, so he proposes an open vote for exploring the ship first.  As neither he or Ashheart will be joining the away party, they will both abstain from the vote.  Chick also opts out.  

Threadvine says that everyone can cast their vote on if there is an away party at all first, majority rule.  If the vote goes for exploring, then everyone who wants a chance to go can dice for it.

So how does everyone vote?  or if there is further discussion to be had, feel free.
"WELL! I THINK WE SHOULD AT LEAST SEARCH THE SHIP! I WILL OFFER TO AS MY PERCEPTION HAS KEPT THE SHIP IN GOOD STEAD THUS FAR ON THE JOURNY, AND MY SHARP SENCES WILL BE INVALUABLE IN SUCH AN EFFORT!", muses Rupert.
"I will volunteer for the away team, there may be a need to analyze magic and appraise items of value."

Melville was not one to pass up any chance for profit for the Riposte, if it has value and isn't nailed down he will make sure they acquire it unless the ship is not truly abandoned. If it is nailed down, well that is what crowbars are for.
Anders casts a quick Augury, looking for signs in the flow.  After a few moments he shakes his head and says, "Blast!  Being out here away from the stars may be getting in the way.  Fate is unclear. Ummm.  I vote to not explore, but will volunteer for the party if the majority wants to go."  

Cash says, "I vote to explore it and volunteer for the party."  Threadvine says, "I have some reservations about both Rupert and Cash going on the same party, as they are our best weaponeers."

Slick says, "I think we should explore it, and would be happy to do so.  Melville got his interest to join before I did, so I would also be willing to stay here to provide a communication link with the away part and the ship."

Annabelle nods and adds, "I also think we should explore it and want in on the away party."

Bill and Royce agree, "Yeah, we agree.  Explore it and either or both of us will go."

Everyone looks to see which way Bazz is going to go with it.
Bazz strokes his beard thoughtfully while listening to the vote.  When it seems like they're waiting on him, he says, "Ah, yes!  I didn't join this adventure to avoid all the fun.  So, yes, we should explore the ship.  But I do wonder if it's possible to pull the other ship away from the tree.  I don't like the idea of it being tethered to a dark, menacing object that has a literal song of warning sung about it!"
Ashheart's mustache shifts up and down as he considers Bazz's suggestion.  "That's not a bad idea," he says, "We could toss some grapple lines to hold it and then use magic missles to cut the tether.  Good call, Mr. Horngrin."

The captain smiles and says, "As a matter of fact, I think it might not be bad to nominate Bazz as the leader of the away group.  Rather than leaving things to complete chance, not sure what I was thinking when I said that, we need to optimize this for speed and efficiency.  Rupert, we need a good marine in case there is anything really dangerous.  We also need at least one caster, and since Anders is on shift, and I would like to keep Chick close at hand in case we need a rapid escape, that leaves Melville and Bazz.  If we give Bazz a chance to lead the group, then Melville would be that primary caster role.  If Melville is going, I think Slick has a point of using the mental connection that she and Melville have been so diligent about to let us have a direct connection with the away party in case you need rapid reinforcements or some other kind of support.  With that in mind, who would you like to take as your fourth?He seems to have left it intentionally vague as to whether he was asking just Bazz or the three of you.
"I'm not too sure about being the leader but we could probably use a priest for healing and the possibility of undead."
[OoC: Just to be clear, Rupert made the cut for the away team, or ship crew?]
Threadvine says, "Well, Anders?  Chick could helm while you are gone."  Through the open door to the helmroom, Anders calls out, "I can do that."  Threadvine nods and says, "Alright then.  Chick, go ahead and swap out for Anders and bring us alongside the Wasp.  Slick and Annabelle to the sails to help with positioning.  The rest of you grab some grapple lines and secure when we come alongside.  Bazz, Rupert, Melville and Anders, prepare yourselves to board and explore."

The Riposte drifts into the whirling eddy of phologiston and out of the main flow of the river.  After a few minutes of jockeying for position the ship comes along side and several grapple lines connect with the gunwales of the Wasp ship.  Cash draws his bow, and with a few precision shots severs the thick rope binding the Wasp to the tree to make sure nothing is going to climb back out to the ship to harass the away party.  

Anything you all want to do before boarding?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon