RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
Bill shakes Rupert's hand and says, "Always glad to have a Giff aboard if a fight breaks out."  Royce agrees as he shakes as well.  After Melville introduces himself, Royce says, "My first cruise had a couple Dohwar on it.  I'll be watching you when we plays cards.  They's always seemed to know when someone was holdin' out."
Quote this message in a reply
(12-30-2020, 11:42 PM)Rupert Gladestone Wrote: "I SERVED ABOARD THE GIFF SHIP OF THE  LINE "THE RED VENGENCE" FOR 1 VOYAGE BEFORE WE LOST HER IN A FIGHT VERSUS NEOGI RAIDERS. I EARNED THE RANK OF MASTER CORPORAL. YOU CAN CALL ME RUPERT. HOW LONG DOES THIS SHIPS VOYAGES LAST BEFORE WE RETURN TO PORT, SO WE HAVE AN IDEA HOW MUCH PERSONEL KIT WE MAY NEED?", states Rupert with a nod and an offered handshake to the 2 sailors.

Ashheart says, "We are provisioned for up to 18 months, although we had similar provisioning on our last trip but returned in only twelve months after the hold was full.  This trip is more remote and unexplored than our last, so it might be wise to prepare to the full 18."
"IS THERE A SHOP WHERE I CAN PROCURE REPLACEMENTS FOR MY LOST PIPE AND TOBACCO? I THINK I WILL SLEEP HERE TONIGHT SO I AM READY TO GO FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, AND SAVE ON MY SHORT FUNDS!"
"I will come with youy Rupert, I am not sure what I will need beyond a spare book."
"LETS GO. THE SOONER WE GET OUR STUFF THE SOONER WE CAN GET BACK AND SETTLE IN!" , and Rupert heads for the gangplank.
"Baz are you coming?"

"I think my best option will be to get something to keep my belongings in, and since I doubt I have enough for a book, get as much parchment as I can get with what's left as I can."

[OoC  chest 5 gp, lock 10 gp, parchment 1 sp per sheet = 50 sheets]
[OoC: Rupert wants a clay pipe - 1sp, and as much pipe tobacco as 20gp will buy]
Bill calls after you as you head to the gangplank, "Just a couple alleystreets back from Anchor there is a provisionist shop that I get good deals from, maybe they will do the same for you if you drop my name.  Marco's Mercantile."

Presuming you head over there you can get everything you are looking for there.  Melville even finds parchment at 5cp a page, and Rupert is able to buy what he estimates will be roughly a year's worth of loose good quality dwarven tobacco for 20gp, depending on how much time is spent in the flow that will likely last him the entire trip. Ashheart would have also told you that each crewmember has access to a personal footlocker.  You can provide your own lock, or rent a lock from ship's stores that Ashheart has a spare key too for 2sp. 

Is there anything else that any one wants to get before departure?
[OoC guess we need to give Baz a chance]
"Yes, I'm coming...  Though I'm not sure what I need.  I'll just tagalong and browse the store to see what it has got."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon