RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Gemeris Station [Everyone]
(12-16-2020, 03:24 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: "I would have gone down blasters blazing before jetpacking right into their midst and setting off all of my rockets."

She then looks at Wormyn briefly, then shrugs.  "Let's just say that I'm looking for someone and leave it at that."

"And that's a problem that given your background, you should be concerned about.  The Empire isn't fond of Mandalorians and if you bring too much attention to yourself then you're bound to get caught.  I know that sometimes it can't be helped but given our current situation, we want to keep a low profile.  But helping you look for someone is something I can do."
Quote this message in a reply
"The Empire hates Bounty Hunters in general.  Mandalorian doesn't matter.  I'm not concerned about it.  I'm prepared for it.  Besides, becoming invisible seems to be something of a talent that I have.  But finding someone in a hot landing shuttle isn't exactly my idea of transport, so I'm only assuming you have something better?  Something that can do more than fly in a straight line?"
(12-16-2020, 04:05 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: "The Empire hates Bounty Hunters in general.  Mandalorian doesn't matter.  I'm not concerned about it.  I'm prepared for it.  Besides, becoming invisible seems to be something of a talent that I have.  But finding someone in a hot landing shuttle isn't exactly my idea of transport, so I'm only assuming you have something better?  Something that can do more than fly in a straight line?"

"That is why I'm looking to trade this shuttle.  We want to fly under the radar as much as possible.  Feel free to offer suggestions if we ever get a chance negotiate for something better.  My friend here,"  Motions to Ubi, "Is also looking for his ship that is currently in the possession a droid... ally?  But its current whereabouts is unknown.  I personally have never rode on the ship and Ubi is its Captain.  He should be the one to offer information about whether it can fly in a straight line or not." 
"At present, no, hence my statement regarding the stolen Imperial shuttle being 'all I'm getting.'"
(12-16-2020, 12:36 AM)Korstyn Steele Wrote: [[Jetisse is Mando'a for "Jedi".  Also, Lightsaber = Jedi in her mind, as we are still in the Galatic Republic *technically* and the Jedi are still around to be hunted down by Inquisitors.]]
We are not in the Galactic Republic. It is approximately 1.5 bby. The events in Rogue One haven't even happened yet. But the Alliance has started.  Note these Rebels are NOT part of the Alliance. The Atrivis Resistance Group is seperate from the Alliance. Most people do not even remember the Jedi thanks to the Empire's overwhelming propaganda and the state control of the holonet
"Does that mean you're accepting the bounty? We were interrupted so I had neither given you details yet, nor had you agreed."

"The contract does not include us loaning you a ship, you bounty hunters usually take care of that yourselves I thought. At least that is the reputation of the guild." 
[[Definitely not trying to argue or quibble, but the Senate wasn't officially 'dissolved' until A New Hope.]]

Korstyn turns to the bureaucrat and nods imperceptibly.  "An offer is an offer."  She wouldn't add that theirs was higher.

She doesn't answer the second part because it's mildly insulting.
[OoC true but by this point they are just a rubber stamp machine and have been for years. All their power is gone]

[OoC2 no more insulting than diplomat = bureaucrat lol]

[OoC3 the empire might dislike bounty hunters but they are definitely not enemies, in fact the Empire is the most common employer of the bounty hunters guild. They really just hate that they don't control the bounty hunters guild. It refuses the Empire controlling it]

Tak Qyaanis chuckles at Woryn sticking his foot in his mouth with the Mandalorian, obviously enjoying the diplomat not knowing how to read the helmeted woman.

Boarding the ship Ubi will jump into the pilots seat.

Woryn and Tak take seats in the back for now, In a gruff voice Tak yells up to Ubis "Make the first jump just to Fest, tis the next major planet on the Relgim Run. We probably won't get all the way there before the droid finishes, but just in case we will lose ourselves in the hyperlane traffic. As soon as the droid finishes we will drop out of hyperspace and switch destinations."

As you all board you see Callie is still standing at the base of the ramp. "I feel a pull in the Force, it seems here is where we part ways."

She pulls out the red shoto and hands it to whomever is nearest, if Shunna is already up the ramp.
"I cannot take this, it will only get me noticed and killed. The Wardens of the Sky thank you, if we have need in the future one of us might seek you out for aid. I think my work on the Rock is not yet done, Holon and his cronies are still a threat to the spacelanes."

She waves farewell and then turns and crosses the gap to the open front of the Wayfarer's hangar. where the last of the civilian stragglers are queuing up to board.

Njon plunks his bulk into the co-pilots seat and begins trying to assist with plotting the coordinates in the nav computer as Ubi lifts off and turns the shuttle out, heading into space.

The Imperial Pilot sits down in the back corner of the shuttle, still silent, perhaps lost in thought, perhaps scared for his life, knowing it hangs in the balance.
[OoC1: Also true.]

[OoC2: Po-tay-to, Po-Tah-to to Korstyn.  She has no patience for either.  Honestly...she has no patience period unless it's getting ready to take down a target and waiting for the right time.]

[OoC3: Yeah.  She didn't say they were enemies, just that they hate bounty hunters.  I could say that I hate mosquitoes but I'm not their enem-... Bad example.  I could say that I hate squirrels but I'm not...  Okay.  Lemme try again.  'Hate' is not a strong enough word, I feel, to describe an enemy.]

Korstyn still says nothing.  It seems like there's a whole lot of worry about time and a Star Destroyer but there's still apparently time to talk about trip plans and give gifts...wait.  Is that a small lightsaber?

She sits down across from the Imperial pilot and leans back, arms crossed.  After looking at him for a good few minutes, she pulls a credit coin out and asks "Credit for your thoughts?"
"My Ship, The Wild Card is a XS-800 Light Frieghter, and she is comefortable and well armed, and very suitable for running under the radar, so to speak!", Ubi says over his shoulder as he pauses and turns towards the Mandalorian. "It will be good to have another person who knows how to use the business endd of a blaster in a fight!"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon