RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: House rules and the way I do things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So with a probable combat coming up..
How I do things is important to note. I've developed these tricks of the trade from running many pbp campaigns over the years

I will post a combined combat summary of characters and opponents and innocents (if there are any) each round. 

I will roll 'initiative' for everyone and post a combat order.

The combat order will not be adhered to for posting order.

Post the minute you have time, and leave it to me to sort it out in order.

On roll20. If you move your character put an indicator using the text feature with a color representing your character different from.everyone else's. And some dots or lines to indicate path being taken. I'll erase every ring when I summarize. 

You can use any dice roller ypu wish though roll 20 has one that I will be using.

Important. The enemies stat block will have info that players normally.dont have when combating enemies. I find personally that it has a marginal effect on verisimilitude and the benefit of speeding up combat overrides it.

You'll know if you hit. What damage you did. For your post.

Important 2. You roll any saves for the opponent...and I will roll any saves for the party. Once again it speeds things up.

I try to run a 1 combat turn a day. As such I'll post when I expect all players to post by. If you can't do it, don't sweat it. I may step in and noc your character unless the person is in a particularly precarious situation. In that case I may wait a day...I will keep everyone informed.

Confusing? It will become clear as we go. Do not forget your hero points. Right now everyone had 1.