RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: 12. Foundry Tavern:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Perception

I don't know if a 15 is sufficient. If it isn't just ignore this.

As the rest of the introductions are made Kaska waits. When they are over, she says in a low tone "We're being followed and observed. The woman in the hat."

Sorry to ninja your idea Taijun, I was thinking the same thing, but now that you've taken that part out of your post I'll go ahead.
[OoC Unless you were metagaming it would be just passive perception not rolled wouldn't it? Or is there no passive perception rule in PF? I am used to 3.5]
Chrome travels along without too much to say. He didn't mean anything harmful, but it seems at least Kayla knew him well enough to know his curiosities were not meant in a demeaning or dismissive way. Not noticing anyone following them, nor inherently interested. He had enough things going through his mind without adding more to the plate. Baine and the caves, the flame going out, this psychic healing thing he witnessed as she used a non-magical effect to open and close a door (he'd checked with his own detection)... and then of course Eva.
Chrome chose to stay silent with these thoughts, for now at least.
[OoC: Sheesh, can't a girl mention in her text she's following people without people automatically whipping out the perception dice?  Should Cin have said she just was walking to where the bounty is being offered, which just happened to be at a safe distance from the strangers from the tavern, who just happened to be walking in the same direction as she was, but any similarities to the appearance that she is actually following them is purely coincidental and in no way reflects the true motivations of Cin.  Tongue   ]

Cin continues to stroll to where the bounty is being offered.  She does not make any indication whether she notices that the group ahead of her has spotted her or not.  Instead, Cin just enjoys the stroll and wonders about what could be in store for her if she accepted the bounty.  These people ahead of her seemed to gather together rather easily.  Perhaps they would be interested in a gunslinger joining them to collect the bounty.  There was one in particular among them that gave her pause.  They could be problematic...
"Maybe she's just shy?" Eva asks keeping herself from looking back at the potential tail.
Taijun is looking down as he speaks. "Maybe.  We will find out her intentions or non-intentions in time."  

He looks up at the woman with long dark braids, "Weyna, didn't you say there was another waiting for us? We can continue to our destination while we talk."

(03-04-2017, 10:14 PM)Weyna Wrote: [ -> ]Kayla leaves the Foundry, and immediately runs into Weyna and her party (minus one dwarf) right outside.

"Kayla!" She throws her arms in the air, then hugs her friend. "I was just looking for you. My new friends and I were about to go to the town hall to see about the torch going out... Actually, one is already on his way there, but he's not likely to make friends there." She doesn't hesitate for a moment in calling her new associates her friends, which some might find odd.
Ooc - I'm not sure how crowded the street is but I imagine Cin-Ezra has to be pretty close if she's actively listening to our converstions, maybe 15'-20' away.
Since nobody seems at all concerned that they are being followed, even though it's known well enough that the Technic League has informers in town, Kaska acts. She turns back toward the woman and shouts.

"Hey! You there in the hat! I know you're following us! You might as well stop, we're not going anywhere you want to be!"

She places her hand on her dagger's sheath and pops the blade loose with her thumb for a quick draw if need be.
OOC - A tumbleweed rolls by...

~So quick to confrontation, I wonder why?~ (He is new to the land and unaccustomed with Technic League spies) Taijun cuts into the silence before any blades are drawn, "Are you sure she doesn't want to go where we are going? If she is following us then she would follow us wherever we go."  He steps between the stranger and the group, a little closer to the woman with the hat.  Taijun spreads his hands open to show he has no weapons, his bow and quiver is slung behind his back, a bag hangs by his side. "Why are you following us?"
Reawyn is taken aback by Kaska's abrupt confrontation of the stranger.

Quick to agression that one. She just gave away the advantage we had in our tail maybe not knowing that she had been spotted. If she is Technic League they will simply swap out the person tailing us, if she is just curious, well then I would be curious with a group of adventurers gathering in the street too. Who can blame her.

Reawyn merely moves to the side of the street and slips a hand into his belt pouch, waiting.
Weyna pauses, watching the erupting argument for a moment with a worried expression. This doesn't look good, but she is concerned about what kind of trouble Ursk is getting himself into. When Taijun addresses her briefly, she nods.

"I'm going ahead to the town hall, to catch up with Ursk," she mutters to anyone who is listening. Then she hurries along up the road, still looking worried. Maybe this situation will clear itself up, and they'll all follow along soon...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17