RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Wild Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Long reaches out to Captain Sunt and Desz Synn at the same time via the comms.

~Captain, Dez.. I have command of the docking control tower and the docking bay blast doors and force field. Apparently the Harlot seems to have arrived with parts from the ship that you described after an extended trio off-Rock. Likely they dismantled the ship elsewhere to avoid questions from Holon Veil. I am trying to see if I can get video feed of your pilot to compare against the Harlot crew manifest.~

~There is another concern. A Lambda class shuttle is docked but not registered. That would seem to indicate an Imperial presence on the station. Again I am accessing video feeds to attempt top confirm, but you better prepare for a fight when we leave and in finding your pilot.~

~If you leave the Wild Card i recommend donning a flight suit and taking a breath mask, as well as extra for your pilot friend.~

~Pursuit by the Harlot will be delayed. I am trying to assess if I can delay pursuit by the Lambda class shuttle as well. Interfering with Imperials may have repercussions. I will consult you for input before I take action, once I have more information..~
Dez raises a brow at the option of a fingerprint and taking the datapad up, went to the cargo hold in search of the Gand's finger.
Dez finds the crate with the Gand's lifeless corpse easily. Using her survival knife she cuts off one of it's three fat fingers to uses it to access the data pad. It works and the screen shows several files.

- Business
- Finance
- Home
- Death Fights

There's also a Saabac game and a Dejarik game application.
Carrying the finger and the datapad back into the galley area, Dez sits down and opens the Business files first. If they don't yield what the Captain is seeking, she will then try the other files.
Long sends a message to both Captain Sunt and Dez via his commlink.

~"Your pilot was sold to the Miner's Guild by the crew of the Harlot. Sending an image of her face to the Wildcard data banks,  along with an image of the mining guild patch since Captain Sunt is not familiar with their insignia around the station."~

~"The only record I can find linked to the Lambda class shuttle is a reference to 'Kratos'.  That could be a name of the vessel, a passenger, or just a code word."~

~"The harlot will not be in condition to pursue us, but I could do nothing about the ~

~Roger that, Long. Receiving your data now and pulling up images of the pilot and the insignia.~ Dex responds.

[OOC: Has Dez ever heard of Kratos?]
Ooc - Finally found my notes! My scattered brain keeps some on the computer and some on whatever notepad is handy, but I digress.

- The Business file reveals monetary transactions between Zann and his crew, someone named Thess, and Holon Veil.  A brief review of each reveals that Zann would regularly split the profits of all his hauls evenly between Dijen, Krelli, and Jon.  Large payments go to this mysterious Thess and are  listed as "Trades," perhaps a code word for trafficking.  Zann makes a profit on these "Trades" by selling them to an entity listed as "TMG."  The transactions happen at a place called FOGs.  Zann also gets paid by Holon for salvage parts, all be it very minimally...

- The Finance file lists a budget for the Gand:  It lists his credit total at 505creds.  His expenses are few and virtually all of his income was being sent to his home on Gand.  The only thing of note was a list of gambling bets for death fights.

- The Home file contains recordings of the Gand's home world and what you guess are family, or friends, they all look alike to you.  Because Gand's have to wear breathing masks to survive off world you've actually never seen what a Gand really looks like without it.  After viewing a few pictures you wish you hadn't opened this file.  Their large silver eyes seem foreign and distant, their  beak like mandibles lack expression.  

- The Death Fights file reveals that the Talz fought in underground death fights at the miner's cantina and that Dijen acted as his manager.  It is noteworthy that Jon, the Talz, fought 7 death fights and was undefeated, obviously.  Income shows that Jon won 850 credits per fight, minus fees.  There is also a long list of medical expenses.  Jon, the Talz, has an extensive injury list, everything from a broken arm, deep lacerations, and fractured skull, to internal bleeding.  (remember the doctor is an experimental interrogation droid)

Dez recognized the lower cantina all the miners went to but the name FOGs was pecking away at the back of her mind.  There was something odd about it.  She is about to give up on it when Long sends his messages...  "Kratos" did not ring a bell with her.  If The Mining Guild was involved then they must have some secret operation going on on The Rock.  Best place to look was the miner's cantina.  At least now she had picture of the pilot Captain Sunt was so desperate to rescue.
Dez hears a Binary whistle as long comes rolling up the loading ramp into the Wild Card.

As he rolls up he extends his neck so his head is at it's maximum height of 1.2m, so she doesn't have to look down at him quite as far.

These humans are more comfortable with little things like neck position. so fragile.

~I am back, do you wish me to accompany you to find this pilort, or shall I get these hyperdrives fixed and the Wild Card ready togo as soon as you return.  I have a feeling our exit will be hasty.~

He quickly deactivates his internal comm link before he says the next piece of information directly to Dez.

~When it is time to leave, and only when all are safely on board the Wild Card just say  the words 'Exit Time' into your Comm, or Captain Sunt's comm or the comm's of the wild Card.   do NOT say it unless everyone is secure. The spaceport decompression will likely be explosive.   Remember we will be on open Comms so just do not construct a sentence with the words Exit and time together. Understood?..   Do not be on open comms when you advise this protocol to Captain Sunt. This ios our escap contingency. I do not think Holon Veil will let you just leave the station. Otherwise Flik would have asked you to leave long before, he talked about you a lot. Incessantly, actually. Talking about booking passage off the Rock, taking you away, as soon as...~

Realizing his social sub-routines were hiccuping Long abruptly ends the conversation thread. He turns and rolls towards the back of the ship and the engine rooms/engineering.

If Captain Sunt is there he  requests the Captain  turn off his Comm link, then passes the same information to the Captain regarding the air-lock/ blast doors verbal command.

~When it is time to leave, and only when all are safely on board the Wild Card just say  the words 'Exit Time' into your Comm, or Captain Sunt's comm or the comm's of the wild Card.   do NOT say it unless everyone is secure. The spaceport decompression will likely be explosive.   Remember we will be on open Comms so just do not construct a sentence with the words Exit and time together. Understood?..~

He then turns his comm-link back on so Dez can hear him as well as the Captain.

~If you are still repairing the fusion reactor, which do you think is next highest priorityt? Your hyperdrive or shields.  Personally, shields will be important until we get out of range of the Rock's defenses, but without hyperdrive that Lambda shuttle will overtake us very quickly.  Hopefully the Harlot will not be in any condition to pursue. If Zann is lucky the Harlot will not even be able to power up unbtil it gets refueled. If Zann is not lucky, he will be able to pursue us.~ 

As he begins running a diagnostic on the hyperdrive.

~I must apologize, but you are out of stun grenades.~
Dez nods her understanding of Long's message and the intent of it, as she looks at the image of the female pilot that Captain Sunt is so keen to find. It then dawns on her, the droid's question of her going to retrieve this woman.
"Uh...wait! Me? I thought that's was part of the reason the two of you left the Wild Card to begin with. To get this pilot."
Long replies to Dez via his comm-link to her and teh Captain.

~The Wild Card is not yet in shape to leave, it needs to be repaired. Captain Sunt said he needs an hour to repair the fusion reactor, of which there is still at least 30 minutes remaining. In addition to the reactor we will need the hyperdrive, and probably the shields repaired, my programming makes me the quickest at performing those repairs. But we have only limited time, if we do the repairs and only then go out to find this pilot then we risk our control of the docking facilities being discovered. It is only a matter of time before the fact that the control tower personnel are incapacitated is discovered.~

~If we wait until all the repairs are completed before we look for this pilot, then we will lose our opportunity to leave.  If we go look for the pilot, we will not be abkle to leave on the Wild Card, as she is not capable of departure.  We cannot steal the Harlot as I have disabled it, it is not capable of departure. I do not know where the Lambda class shuttle is docked, or how many Imperial troops may be guarding it, so it is not able to be used for departure.~

~That leaves us with two logical options. Either Captain Sunt and I get the repairs completed together, more quickly, while you find this pilot. You are still free to walk the station, indeed protected by Holon because he wants you safe; or I complete the repairs alone, which will take longer, while you go with Captain Sunt to search.~

~Either way, by my analysis, remaining hidden in the Wild Card is not an option unless you plan on staying on the Rock as Holon's servant permanently.~

~Do you wish to remain on the Rock? If I was mistaken my apologies. I do not always understand nuance of sentient motivations and emotions. I will re-calibrate my social programming.~

As he does this exchange on the comms he is already busy repairing the hyperdrive

Mechanics (repair object) [1d20+14] = 17+14 = 31 - Repair object takes 1 hour to repair the hyperdrive.. and would give 1d8 hp to the vehicle.  I assume the vehicle is disabled.

[OoC big question:

Once the vehicle is no longer disabled due to the hit point repair is it possible we can consider this a single encounter and Long could short-cut things by Jury-rigging?
Quote:Jury Rig:
You can make temporary repairs to any disabled mechanical or electronic device, from a simple tool to a complex starship component.
Jury-rigging is a full-round action that requires a successful DC 25 check.
If you use a tool kit, you gain a +5 equipment bonus on the check. A jury rigged device gains +2 steps on the condition track. At the end of the scene or encounter the device moves -5 steps on teh condition track and becomes disabled again.
Quote:Fast Repairs
Whenever you jury-rig an object or vehicle, the vehicle gains a number of
temporary hit points equal to the result of your Mechanics check. Damage is subtracted from these temporary hit points first, and temporary hit points go
away at the conclusion of the encounter.
Prerequisites: Trained in the Mechanics skill.

Quick Fix
Once per encounter, you may jury-rig an object vehicle that is not disabled. All normal benefits and
penalties for jury-rigging still apply.
Prerequisites: Trained in the Mechanics skill

Fast Repairs is designed to make jury-rigging more appealing to tech-oriented characters. As it
stands now, jury-rigging an object or vehicle moves it up the condition track but does not provide
temporary hit points. If your ship is at 0 hit points and you jury-rig it, it's still disabled from hit point
loss. This new talent alleviates that problem, while still making jury-rigging useful for ships pushed
down the condition track by other means (such as ion damage).

Quick Fix builds on Fast Repairs and gives a techie character a way to restore some hit points to
a vehicle that's still in the fight, but brings with it the threat of becoming disabled at the end of the
encounter. This new talent also gives ship engineers something else to do in combat, especially in
desperate situations, and it can bring a vehicle back up to full fighting form very quickly
Quote:Star Wars Saga Edition Official errata
p. 69-70 – Mechanics Skill

First full sentence of second paragraph should read “On a result…” instead of “One a result…” Under the Jury-Rig header, replace the 4th sentence with the following: “A jury-rigged device or vehicle gains +2 steps on the condition track and 1d8 hit points.” Under the Special header, add the following sentence: “Characters who are untrained in the Mechanics skill can still use the aid another action to assist on Mechanics checks.”

What that all means is that if allowed to Jury-rig i can with one full-round action make a mechanics skill check with my Mechanics 1d20+14 +5 for my tool kit. Success of 25 or more would move the entire ship up the condition track two spaces and heal it 1d8+my Mechanics skill check result in temporary hit points. After the scene the hit points would vanish and we will be stalled somewhere with it again disabled until we properly repair it. Considering the XS-800 is smaller than the YT-1300 which has 120 hp, that could be a decent amount of hit points to work with. 

[Side note: Could only find stats for the XS-800 in the old West end Games d6 Star wars rpg.. but for comparison XS-800 had Hull: 3D+2 while YT-1300 had Hull: 4D] 
end ooC]
Ooc -  I'm gonna let this play out between you two, about who should look for the pilot.  The Captain will  do what you decide, and if you disagree I'll go from there...  I owe you all Wild Card stats in Saga jargon Wink (if you have any thoughts, please share.  The Wild Card was more of an abstract but including stats will add depth to the game.)  Yes you could Jurry-Rig the ship but it would effectively put the ship out of commission later.  Remember, "The Minefield" as the asteroid field is called is a dangerous place for a derelict ship.  Jury-rigging is always a judgement call based upon current danger vs. future danger.  I hope that helps.

Long starts to invade Captain Sunt's repair job.  "Hey what are you doing?  I'm trying to shift the reactor injectors to align the fuel matrix!"  Long gets the feeling that, while the Captain knows what needs to be fixed, he is on the wrong tack and that Long could do a better job. (especially with a 31)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11