RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[OOC] Character Concepts
Incentives don't help me with 14  hour work days unfortunately.   :s
Quote this message in a reply
Nevertheless, the incentives are now live. BTW sorry for having been away for the weekend without telling.
So sorry I have been unable to get time to write Portho's history.. the 60 hour work week plus having to plan for the campaigns I DM first has somewhat cramped my character creation time.
And I this week I was hit with a 63 hour work week and I got my wisdom tooth out so I haven't been feeling like doing much other than sleep. Sad
Hi!

DM Surranó and Silent Giant players well know me, the others will recognize me during the game. I hope.
I'm not a native english speaker so sorry for my bad english.

This is my first english character: Torin Hillfist
There is a link to his character sheet in his signature, but i also insert here.

Torin background story version 1.0. It will be the finally version unless our DM otherwise stated.

Torin Hillfist
He was born in Dharlodir which is a medium deep dwarven town in the Upperdark. Torin have got one older brother (Rotni) and three older sister (Nisnar, Yada and Tarna). He was a late child and his mother is died in childbirth. When he were born, he was blessed by Tariel (Knight of Lirr).

It was a large age difference between him and his siblings, so Torin have got "two" father and three surrogate mothers. His "mothers" were protected him from everything and indulging him, but if he did bad things in his childhood, then he had got his well-deserved punishment from his father. So he became a autonomous but good-hearted young.
He was much smarter than his contemporaries, but he was also wise to not flaunt with his gift. His father (Rongrim) was a good smith so there was a straight way to Torin to became a smith, but he always know that he was destined for a higher purpose. 

About ten years ago, his father was ill and Rotni also couldn't go with the caravan to the Mantol-Derith (trading city in Upperdark / Northdark). Rongrim had no other choice than to send Torin with the goods. Torin suffered a nasty ambush during his first big trip. Some wandering goblins attacked the caravan. He nearly died in this ambush, but Tariel appeared and saved his life.

After this meeting Torin realized that his destiny is to serve Lirr as her priest. Wander the Abeir-Toril searching for knowledge,  news, lore, poetry, historical tales, magic, and works of art. Sneak into lands controlled by oppressive rulers, seeking to rescue items of interest that are in danger of being destroyed out of either ignorance or malice. Torin send a message to his father, that he is fine and finally he found his destiny. So he can't continue to work as a smith and he can't go to back to Dharlodir.

After ten years trip Torin reach the World Above in the Sword Mountains. He is traveling to south because he think that way he can find the lost Lexicon of the Sagely Chameleon.
Sounds nice at the first glance. Will have to revise in details...
@ Stygianangel @Vitkyng @GM Marvel @dougfan
Still waiting for a final character concept (background and as complete a character sheet as you can muster in a short term) from your sides. Your absence doesn't block the story but your arrival will certainly raise the excitement on all grounds. (yours, mine, and all fellow players')
Looking forward to more of the dwarven race!!! Dwarves, the few, the proud...
(09-05-2015, 08:23 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: @ Stygianangel @Vitkyng @GM Marvel @dougfan
Still waiting for a final character concept (background and as complete a character sheet as you can muster in a short term) from your sides. Your absence doesn't block the story but your arrival will certainly raise the excitement on all grounds. (yours, mine, and all fellow players')

My sincere apologies, August was an extremely busy month, both with 50+ hour work weeks, my first vacation in 4 years snuck in there (in which I was blessedly completely off grid.. not even cell reception, so work could not reach me).  I just finished training my most recent new hires, they graduated just 2 hours ago after the 7 week intensive.  I go into a brief training period myself for the next week or two, which means I may actually get time to think.  Being trained involves a lot less hours than being the trainer  Smile

If I recall I just need to come up with a background for Porthus, so will get that done in the next few days.
Introducing Portho Nihilbuck...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon