RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[OOC] Character Concepts
King's Knife, I will consider to have it on stock in your favourite shop at the corner, if you have the money...

+1 Keen, yes.
Wand of knock, yes but I can't recall Wand of missiles.
Mage hand, yes.
Maybe even a headband of intellect.
But since you could come with a brand new 8th level character with generic money you may opt for recreating your equipment from scratch (though I don't think all of these would fit into 8th level's gp limit (the keen sword eating 8350 and the 2nd level wand eating 4500 not much left for grabs).
Quote this message in a reply
Brief review on Merri's sheet.
Saves
-- Fort +4 (+3 for 3 fast-progress levels and +1 for Wizard), so it's -2 compared to RAW
-- Ref +6 (+2 for total of 8 slow-progress levels +4 dex), so it's +1 compared to raw
-- Will +6 (+1 for 3 slow-progress levels and +4 for Wiz5 +1 Wis), so it's +1 compared to raw
Feats
-- your level 5 wizard feat (metamagic or item creation) is missing.
Skills: not yet checked
Avatar: I like both the old one and the new one...
(02-21-2017, 03:03 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: If I take practiced spellcaster just for improved familiar, I'm left with the same wasted feat feeling.  I'd have to dig out the book to see if I would have any other benefits.  If I even have it.  Too many books.  I think I'll just go with the small air elemental option.  

Something else occurred to me while putting everything back together...  Didn't we start out with some improved equipment way back on Plothook?  I'm still stocked with basic stuff.  Judging by my old sig, I had a magic ring +1 and at least +1 greatsword with keen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13ia-Jx...P_-TRg0OgA

Practiced Spellcaster is a very useful feat to multiclass casters cos they could cast their spells as full caster, e.g.: your fireball cause 7d6 damage.
( Complete Divine, p. 82)

[General]

Choose a spellcasting class that you possess. Your spells cast from that class are more powerful.
Prerequisite
Spellcraft 4 ranks,
Benefit
Your caster level for the chosen spellcasting class increases by +4. This can't increase your caster level beyond your HD. However, even if you can't benefit from the full bonus immediately, if you later gain noncaster-level HD you may be able to apply the rest of the bonus. For example, a human 5th-level cleric/3rd-level fighter who selects this feat would increase his cleric caster level from 5th to 8th (since he has 8 HD). If he later gained a fighter level, he would gain the remainder of the bonus and his cleric caster level would become 9th (since he now has 9 HD). A character with two or more spellcasting classes (such as a bard/sorcerer or a ranger/druid) must choose which class gains the feat's effect. This does not affect your spells per day or spells known. It only increases your caster level, which would help you penetrate SR and increase the duration and other effects of your spells.
Practiced spellcaster looks nice. I'll put that on the list.

I think I took spell penetration as my bonus wizard feat. I guess I'll change that to quicken spell or something.

I don't recall a king's knife at all. It might have been something picked up as loot. Possibly identified after I vanished. Mage hand amulet, wand of magic missile, and headband of intellect all sound like me. Don't remember wand of knock. There was a ring of protection on my old sig.
Is Praxcticed Spellcaster allowed? Thought only Core... if non-core are allowed theer are a few 3.5 feats I would prefer that were not allowed (and I did not ask) as we were supposed to stick to core.

Notably
Song of the Heart - https://dndtools.net/feats/eberron-campa...art--2675/ from Eberron Campaign Setting
and/or
Melodic Casting - https://dndtools.net/feats/complete-mage...ing--1918/ from Complete Mage
I've never confirmed that practiced spellcaster was allowed... or have I?
The "bonus feat" for wizards must be "metamagic feat, an item creation feat, or Spell Mastery". Spell Penetration is General so it doesn't qualify (that's a different question that the spirit of the rule would align well with feats called "spell something", focus and penetration included)
I changed it to a metamagic feat. Can't remember which one. I put my character into PCGen to make sure I wasn't forgetting any rules. It has been awhile since I played. It's on my computer at home. How do you want me to work my equipment? Should I take 7th level equipment or just tack on what I'm sure I have?
@Merrinna: If you recreate your character from zero then I suppose you the Eldricht Knight PrC. I don't know your plans but this is core and perfectly match to your concept (fighter / wizard).
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasse...Knight.htm
Thanks for the assist, but I already got that covered. Just waiting to hear how Surrano wants to deal with my equipment.
OK. He was on a business trip.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon