RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[OOC] Character Concepts
Finally spent some time updating my character sheet and calculating gold since a lot was lost when plothook went down. It looks like I over spent, unless I forgot reward money or something.

Nevermind, figured it out, miscalculated cost of magic armor by 1,000 gold.
Quote this message in a reply
I'm neatening up my sheet in another format. The more I look at my sheet, the more I remember. And also wonder what I was smoking... I took Improved Familiar with the idea that I would eventually be high enough level to get a pseudodragon. Unfortunately, I now realize, I still need two more caster levels. I doubt I will see those any time soon so I am left with decision. Do I just take another familiar right now or wait. If I do take one now, I'll have to wait a year of game time to get the pseudodragon once I get the caster levels and dismiss the current familiar. I've been looking over different possibilities and I think I might settle for a small air elemental rather than let a feat go to waste for so long.
Maybe you can swap improved familiar and take leadership to get the familiar you want? Mechanically it will be different but it's an idea. What better way for a baby dragon to be raised than by a pretty elf wizard nanny?
If I were to swap I would take spring attack and pick up improved familiar next level.

Remind me again of how calculate multiclass saves, please.
Massive multiclassing to optimise saves (e.g. Mnk 2/Clr 2/Pal 2 for Wis save of +9) will be massively blocked: the levels are added up for high and low before consulting save table. E.g. above character would have Fort/Will same as level 6 cleric (5 instead of 9), but Reflex like level 2 Mnk + level 4 cleric (4 instead of 3)
- Similar for base attack bonus but it will never be lower than according to core rules

http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread.php?tid=94
(02-19-2017, 06:11 PM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: I'm neatening up my sheet in another format.  The more I look at my sheet, the more I remember.  And also wonder what I was smoking...  I took Improved Familiar with the idea that I would eventually be high enough level to get a pseudodragon.  Unfortunately, I now realize, I still need two more caster levels.  I doubt I will see those any time soon so I am left with decision.  Do I just take another familiar right now or wait.  If I do take one now, I'll have to wait a year of game time to get the pseudodragon once I get the caster levels and dismiss the current familiar.  I've been looking over different possibilities and I think I might settle for a small air elemental rather than let a feat go to waste for so long.

Maybe our DM approves the Practiced Spellcaster ( Complete Divine, p. 82) feat. You should access pseudo dragon with this feat as multiclass character at character level 7.
Will look into possibilities hopefully in 24h.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
If I take practiced spellcaster just for improved familiar, I'm left with the same wasted feat feeling. I'd have to dig out the book to see if I would have any other benefits. If I even have it. Too many books. I think I'll just go with the small air elemental option.

Something else occurred to me while putting everything back together... Didn't we start out with some improved equipment way back on Plothook? I'm still stocked with basic stuff. Judging by my old sig, I had a magic ring +1 and at least +1 greatsword with keen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13ia-Jx...P_-TRg0OgA
(02-21-2017, 03:03 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: If I take practiced spellcaster just for improved familiar, I'm left with the same wasted feat feeling.  I'd have to dig out the book to see if I would have any other benefits.  If I even have it.  Too many books.  I think I'll just go with the small air elemental option.  

Something else occurred to me while putting everything back together...  Didn't we start out with some improved equipment way back on Plothook?  I'm still stocked with basic stuff.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13ia-Jx...P_-TRg0OgA

When you died I was able to find a link to your sheet on Mythweavers... we ummm, rifled through your shit dude, sorry  Confused... Unfortunately Mythweavers acted up about a week ago and many sheets were lost. Hope that helps.

#110 - #115

Mentions you had a wand of Magic Missle and Knock... Memory is telling me you had a mage hand as well.  

On another note, DM Surrano, have you ever heard of the King's Knife

King's Knife

In the hands of a gray dwarf, this +2 short sword grants two additional uses per day each of enlarge person and invisibility, for a total of three uses of each ability per day.
Moderate transmutation; CL 6th;
 Craft Magic Arms and Armorenlarge personinvisibility, creator must be duergar; Price 13,170 gp; Cost 6,740 gp + 514 XP.
Source:
  Underdark

[url=https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786930535/realmshelps-20/][/url]I believe the lore behind them is, they were used by guards of a Grey Dwarf King...
(02-21-2017, 03:45 AM)Lugar Wrote: Mentions you had a wand of Magic Missle and Knock... Memory is telling me you had a mage hand as well.  

I can also remember you had a Wand of Knock and a Mage Hand amulet, and a keen greatsword.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon