RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat
(07-24-2015, 11:14 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: That sounds fun.
PCs look like:
- @Merrinna Starsong - an elven girl of great arcane prowess brandishing a two-handed sword
- @Silent Giant - a raging hunter
- @Lugar - a dwarf of dirty tricks
- @ Stygianangel mentioned bringing a sorcerer or cleric.

Currently the party features an NPC cleric of Pelor (Maul the Grey) but I'm more than willing to return him to city watch.

I will add a forest gnome bard, details will come later, busy weekend with work, then DMing on roll20, then tomorrow work and DM again, then DM in real life Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
My rolls are up in roll20.. 16 14 12 12 8 8
(07-24-2015, 05:41 PM)Vitkyng Wrote: My rolls are up in roll20.. 16  14  12  12  8  8
I believe it's written somewhere in PHB or DMG but here are the reroll rules. You may reroll the whole set if any of the following is true:
a) your largest mondifier is +1 or lower (i.e. largest stat is max 13)
b) the sum of your modifiers is +1 or lower

You have the right to drop the 16 and keep the 6. The bonuses add up to +0 i.e. you are eligible for a reroll.
In Marvel's case he had two 15s so he couldn't drop both... and this ruined his roll.

Of course you can still use point buy with 28 points but please use the D&D table not the PF table Smile
(07-24-2015, 05:25 PM)Vitkyng Wrote: I will add a forest gnome bard, details will come later, busy weekend with work, then DMing on roll20, then tomorrow work and DM again, then DM in real life Big Grin

I can't say we are short on anything so a bard is as good a choice as anything else. Please keep in mind that forest gnomes don't receive common as an automatic language... and that they are very small. Technically they are not "tiny", but the low end of "small". I believe even an adult kobold looks down upon a forest gnome.

As for time; we are not in a hurry. Whenever the new characters arrive I'll find the opportunity to join ASAP. May be a tough call depending on which way the current party goes but I will do my best Smile
Well I will likely just keep my original rolls. Which were 10, 13, 13, 13, 15, 15.

As for races, if I decide to play an elf can I take any of the subraces (except drow)?
yes, all races and subraces from monster manual I are in play. you can actually even take drow if you are willing to take the level adjustment.
BTW if you want an elf purely for the bow proficiency (which I'm sure you wouldn't since you decide purely based on RP aspects...) why not choose any race with a deity having longbow (shortbow, etc) for favored weapon? Like Ehlonna. (of course you should decide purely based on RP aspects)
Do I hear "healing arrows" anyone? Undead won't stand a chance! By the way, I found a scrambled copy of Lugar's character sheet I saved. I will decipher it and post it wherever you like.
I wanted to play an elf partly because I almost always play humans. Vitkyng can vouch that in the game we play, we use a character tree and all 4 of my characters are human. I tried to play an elf in one of DM MiB's games but it's unknown what he's doing. Also, honestly, since I rarely play an elf it didn't really enter my mind that they can use bows. I knew they could in Pathfinder (because of MiB's game). The last time I tried to create an Archer Cleric at a site called Unlimited.rpg's, the character was an elf but the game was canned before we got to do anything. But that was something like 8-10ish years ago. So that's where the idea of using an elf came from. I will look through the MM to see if there are any other interesting possibilities.
I'm happy with an elf. And if MIB will be gone for good then our Merri (fighter/wizard) will be gone as well. Not sure if that helps in your decision.
@Lugar and everyone
do you prefer myth-weavers or roll20 for sheets? Pro roll20 if you properly fill your sheet you can roll up all kinds of fun checks attacks etc with a single click or two. I will try to add a poll...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon