RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat
[@Shanna Rendin I'm sorry we have to lose you but RL has to come first.  I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, you're welcome to pop back in at any time to toss in a post whenever the day to day demands on your time eases up even for a bit. ]

[OoC:  Has it been 7 days since Boo and Toot put on the rings of sustenance?  If it hasn't then Toot will make a point of telling everyone that the time trap thingy really affected time because it sped up the 1 week attunement for the rings to start working.  And likely the duration any spell we had active when time sped up has also run out.  I think the only spell Toot had active at the time was Light.  Is the stone still glowing?

Toot suggests he sleeps for 2 hours while Toren tends to him with Heal skill so he can get more Hp's back.  Then Toot will use the heal skill to tend to the rest of the party while they sleep. ]
Quote this message in a reply
As far as the dm remembers :-) the party rested only once, in Cranberry's clearing. So yes, it looks like time was fleeting somewhere... go ahead and post ic accordingly. I will make some secret rolls to see if anyone can figure out Smile

I will look up ongoing effects to make sure but I don't think any of them wore off earlier than the caster would've expected.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
Well that's assuming Toot bought the ring the day they left or waited to put it on until the day they left which he wouldn't have waited.  How long were we in the city?
Has SG a long beard or not? Smile
(02-14-2018, 08:55 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Has SG a long beard or not? Smile

You are too clever to play a non intelligent half-orc! :Smile I would not have thought of that.
@Toot The party hasn't spent more than one day in the city, I would say.
@Silent Giant Indeed, body hair growth is obvious for those who have shaved before leaving the city. Was SG one of them? (assume the dwarves have not shaved; nor have the ladies... and rats jermlaine probably don't do such a thing either. They simply chew the excess off)
@Lugar this is the OOC section. It is permitted for players to be intelligent on behalf of the party as a whole. Maybe one of the more perceptive and more wise/intelligent creatures noticed the change -- probably not the orc and certainly not the DM  Angel
Lugar Wrote: His face contorts into a few snarls and grimaces behind his spindly white beard. He was averse to being ordered around by a creature no larger than his boot.  Boo on the other-hand was not so small... 

I did not mean for Toot to sound like he was ordering Lugar around.  He just felt that healing this damage is as quickly as possible was in the best interest of the whole party.  But Toot was affected by exhaustion so badly that it will take 3 days to fully heal or two days if Torin is successful with his heal check.  If we all took a full day off we might be able to be all fully healed.

DM Wrote:The party hasn't spent more than one day in the city, I would say.

I thought we all stayed in a room and spent some time in the city before leaving.

DM Wrote:and rats jermlaine probably don't do such a thing either. They simply chew the excess off

You make it sound as if that's weird or something.  Rolleyes

@DM: I remember you once suggesting that at 9th level, Toot should think about taking the Craft Wondrous Item Feat.  But it takes 1 day per 1000gp of the item's cost to create the item.  If we are unable to take any time off between scenarios then the craft skills don't make much sense to pick up.  Or will there be reasonable time between adventures to craft some magic items?
Well, in my mind this is a fairly fast-paced adventure. With all strange things happening with the party the City Council considers this a no-brainer not to stop and spend time anywhere other than on the road. However, official statement on activity level is that "normal" people travel up to 8 hours a day and rest at least 8 hours a day. Meaning there's 8 hours to spend on stuff like crafting... which is also considered to be "one day's worth" I think.

About healing. Haven't checked the exact wording but I had the impression that this damage can't be healed by magical means as long as your hunger/thirst are not satiated and you are fatigued. The fatigue goes away with first rest and then you can magically heal the nonlethal damage as well (actually, it heals by the hour so in 8+2 hours everyone is healed of 2x [your hd] hp of nonlethal stuff which is pretty much all you have (this is 2+8 hours i.e. up to 64hp of nonlethal healed for Toot and Boo.)
Quote:Lugar Wrote:
His face contorts into a few snarls and grimaces behind his spindly white beard. He was averse to being ordered around by a creature no larger than his boot.  Boo on the other-hand was not so small...

I did not mean for Toot to sound like he was ordering Lugar around.  He just felt that healing this damage is as quickly as possible was in the best interest of the whole party.  But Toot was affected by exhaustion so badly that it will take 3 days to fully heal or two days if Torin is successful with his heal check.  If we all took a full day off we might be able to be all fully healed.
No worries, I just figured this is how two people with low charisma hold a dialogue :Smile Lugar has a 5 CHA so I have to find ways to rub people the wrong way every now and again! Lugar's expressions were, and are, not my own so I mean no RL insults by his words or actions. <--- I should put that in my signature Big Grin  I actually enjoy Toot's character.  Sometimes I wish there was a "like" button next to posts.
(02-15-2018, 07:39 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: @Toot The party hasn't spent more than one day in the city, I would say.
@Silent Giant Indeed, body hair growth is obvious for those who have shaved before leaving the city. Was SG one of them? (assume the dwarves have not shaved; nor have the ladies... and rats jermlaine probably don't do such a thing either. They simply chew the excess off)
@Lugar this is the OOC section. It is permitted for players to be intelligent on behalf of the party as a whole. Maybe one of the more perceptive and more wise/intelligent creatures noticed the change -- probably not the orc and certainly not the DM  Angel

Oh crap!  Is my beard showing?   Tongue

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon