RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat
That's exactly my thought that moving it around is complicating things and what I offered above is that this moving is simply simulated by the item's AC (which is 10+size mod, as opposed to 5+size mod, as it would be for an immobile object (due to effective dex of 0 I believe).
To calm an insect by covering its head... you have a point there of course, with birds for example, or the horses' blinkers/blinders (I guess first one is UK, second one is US term) I'm not sure about a (partially) nocturnal insect with darkvision, though. (IRL, mantises hunt by day and fly by night but only because they don't have darkvision Smile ) The telekinesis idea to make a figment more plausible, well that's feasible for an intelligent species that can even start to reckon the phenomenon called telekinesis in the first place. Rather, I was in doubt whether they would really "disbelieve" since they don't even know what an "illusion" is, so how could they disbelieve then?... and I remembered my good old reference point: realise that something's amiss, wisdom. Come up with a solution, intelligence. Now, vermin have no Int scores so does that mean they cannot reason and therefore cannot disbelieve? And since a will save is effectively a wisdom check enhanced by overall combat prowess, the will save actually makes sense here. That is, as long as nobody states that creatures with no Int score are always affected by illusions, no save.

Re light: yes, I also remembered such a thing. Maybe it was me telling this to you? or you telling this to me? Smile Sage advice, as I remember, was something like an insight, even better than RAI, in the distant past but since 3.5 at least, it's more like rules lawyering. They never admit if something's ambiguous or straightforward contradictory; they follow a process even a drone could to show which of two statements is correct "by the book." Whether an illusory light has an illumination radius, yes, I was also pondering that question. How do patterns behave in that aspect? They (usually) mention that sightless creatures are unaffected but doesn't mention blind-fighting or darkness. (indeed, does hypnotic pattern (lvl2) suppress deeper darkness (lvl3)? or does darkness give a kind of resistance against patterns because of shadowy illumination?)
Quote this message in a reply
I'd like to kindly ask everyone to make sure that your item lists on your (primary) sheets are up-to-date. I need to check something and easier to check six sheets than check thousands of posts in various threads Wink
(01-29-2018, 02:14 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: I'd like to kindly ask everyone to make sure that your item lists on your (primary) sheets are up-to-date. I need to check something and easier to check six sheets than check thousands of posts in various threads Wink

I think SG's sheet is up2date.
Lugar is up to date for the most part, I think somewhere along the way I lost his coinage though. I'll add up his items when I get the time to get an estimate of the value of his items at least. I think maybe it was a mythweavers crash or something a long while back and data was lost.
I think the only thing I'm missing is Shanna's HP. Cant remember how much damage she took from the hunger/thirst. Think it was the same as Merri, which would be...9? I guess?
"Shanna suffers 8+3 points of nonlethal damage and is fatigued."

Reading the famine+thirst section again I think that once you had decent food (or a goodberry of course) this damage can be healed but fatigue goes away only with rest. (or should it be the other way around? duh...)
Either way, and note to everyone healed by Zelgadis: I will double check but I think his way of healing only deals with wounds and maybe bleeding but not with other ways of losing hit points. (EDIT: to clarify: nonlethal damage due to hunger and thirst fall into the latter category).
But an ordinary CLW should do the trick, right? So Toot will feel being more "useful" Smile

Behind the scenes... Zelgadis' "healing" spell...
Recovery draws energy from within the subject of the spell by speeding up metabolism so it won't heal fatigue to the least extent. Rather, there's a chance that you'll become fatigued depending on the severity of the wounds you suffered. Lucky for all of you, you were all fatigued to begin with Wink (and this time I forego the option of get exhausted instead). For veterans; remember the aging side effect of Haste?
Your conversation is reminding me why I don't like messing with illusions.
I'm not sure I get your point... Whose conversation? Toot, Lugar, and Zelgadis vs Shanna's illusion?
Thought I should share this with you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kung-fu mantis? One fly is Lugar and the other SGSmile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon