RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat
Good idea. Added one.
Quote this message in a reply
(12-18-2017, 08:10 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Didn't get to deep when considering what nutrition means but reading the debate I'd say that some restrictions may actually come handy when using Goodberry. Like, no healing effect more than one a day. And feeding it to unconscious members may call for a healing check to avoid suffocation. But yes, I agree that it provides fluids, considering how a regular berry provides the same ratio of sugar+water.

Now, campaign settings or climates do make difference. Desert life requires more water, e.g. 3x, in which case you need three berries a day, or two gallons of water and a berry. Divide by four for tiny creatures :-)

I don't think it obsoletes create food completely since the latter creates food out of thin air while you need fresh berries for the former. Hard to get in many places, including desert, aquatic, underground, arctic, etc.

About the spellcraft check; Toot considered the spell mentioned and dismissed it as a possibility. Thirst and hunger both feel real.

I'll amend my ic post stating that Toot was still thirsty. The nonlethal damage still remains as well as fatigue until rest. I guess. :-)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

Except the Goodberry spell already states that there is a limit on the number of times you can benifit from the spell...

Quote:The berry also cures 1 point of damage when eaten, subject to a maximum of 8 points of such curing in any 24-hour period.

So if it's a choice between healing 8 per day and it only holds off starvation or it can only be used once per day but it hold off both starvation and thirst, I would rather have the healing.  Only letting the berry heal once per day makes the spell almost useless.
(12-20-2017, 10:31 PM)Toot Wrote: So if it's a choice between healing 8 per day and it only holds off starvation or it can only be used once per day but it hold off both starvation and thirst, I would rather have the healing.  Only letting the berry heal once per day makes the spell almost useless.

Okay then healing is RAW, nutrition means food and water, with some climates needing more than one berry for daily nutrition.
Thanks for mentioning sustenance, will keep in mind.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
Quote:OOC Toot - Chart a path is something I don't know, would welcome a brief howto in OOC thread.

It's been awhile so it took me a bit of time to figure out how to do it again.  First, because of the way you've scaled your map it doesn't work as well.  But I will try to explain it...  It might take a little practice.

*First you click on the Select/Move tab

*Thenb click on a token but don't take your finger off the mouse button.

*Then while holding the mouse button down, begin to drag the token like you were going to move it.
But instead of letting go of the mouse button (don't let go until you're finished) to place your token, you hit the space bar.  

*You should see a yellow arrow appear.  Now you can hit the space bar to tag the arrow on a spot.  Then move your cursor to the next spot and hit the space bar again to tag another spot.  

*The arrow will track the course you've laid out and tell you how far you've moved.  When your done, you let go of the mouse button and the token will move to the final spot you chose.

Let me know if it works.
Awesome. It would be even better if the arrows remained there AND if you could use alt+drag for arbitrary placement, not only whole squares.
Cool.
(01-10-2018, 07:58 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Awesome. It would be even better if the arrows remained there AND if you could use alt+drag for arbitrary placement, not only whole squares.

Yeah i know.  I wish it did too.  I think if each square was 5' the measurement tool would work a lot better.
About activating magic items, it's a standard action usually by command word unless stated otherwise in the item description. Magic item

I forgot the squares were 10' squares but it just occurred to me to check the haste spell. Everyone hasted gets +30' to their movement speed! So Lugar's base speed is either 50' or 40' but I'm not sure which from reading the spell description. Haste
wow! You are right! I forgot about haste, cool. What the text says is that the lower of (speed+30, speed x 2). In Lugar's case, 20x2. In Giant's case, 40+30. In Merri's case, those are equivalent (30x2 = 30+30).
Fun fact: dwarves can even tumble in heavy armor since the skill says "You can’t use this skill if your speed has been reduced by armor, excess equipment, or loot." And while dwarves also have medium and heavy load their speed is not reduced! (other penalties for load like max dex bonus and encumbrance penalty, still apply unless I'm mistaken)
Let's wait for Shanna's idea about Silent Image and I'll resolve your turns simultaneously.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon