RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat
So if anyone wants to get rid of their character Lugar will kill them so he can become an assassin, for a fee of course Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Will the next chapter be underground or generally indoors?  I ask because with the exception of a couple of spells like SNA (Elementals and Thoaqqua), a Druid doesn't seem particularly useful underground.  Maybe that would change at 8th level when I can wild shape into a Large creature but with all the cramped spaces it seems doubtful Toot will be able to do that very often.  I do like Toot.  It's been pretty fun roleplaying a different character.  Even if he's a bit of a brat.  Tongue
Well. There will be chapters where a fey, a druid, or even a fey druid who's a brat may come handy. There will be cramped spaces as well as underground open areas, and most chapters involve adventures aboveground as well, but I won't tell you which chapters in advance... Sorry Smile
But I understand if you think "it was fun but now it's getting tiresome". The offer is valid after every chapter though, so feel free to proceed to next chapter with Toot and change after second chapter (means... in two years or so Wink )
Since no one is answering Toot in the main thread I figured I would ask here.

What are we doing?  It's been so long I am having trouble remembering some stuff.  I know I'm trying to stop an eclipse and you guys are doing something with the Circle of Hate.  Isn't there a prophecy?  If there is can someone post what it is to refresh my and perhaps other people's memories?
(01-16-2017, 05:11 PM)Toot Wrote: Since no one is answering Toot in the main thread I figured I would ask here.

What are we doing?  It's been so long I am having trouble remembering some stuff.  I know I'm trying to stop an eclipse and you guys are doing something with the Circle of Hate.  Isn't there a prophecy?  If there is can someone post what it is to refresh my and perhaps other people's memories?

We are here to throw the Key of Hate into the Key of Sea. We suppose the sea is the circle and the key is the vampire or one of his items for example his headband/crown.
Well this could go IC as well but here's a brief excerpt of how Maul summarised the prophecy.

Chant of Ages Wrote:(...)
You're the Keeper of the Seven Keys
That lock up the seven seas
And the Seer of Visions said before he went blind
Hide them from demons and rescue mankind
Or the world we're all in will soon be sold
To the throne of the evil payed with Lucifer's gold

Throw the first key into the sea of hate
Throw the second key into the sea of fear
Throw the third key into the sea of senselessness
And make the people hold each other's hands
The fourth key belongs into the sea of greed
And the fifth into the sea of ignorance
(...)

The Chant of Ages itself is a very lengthy incantation attached to the prophecy. Maul also explains that the Council of Sea Jewel (wherever it is) has made a vast amount of research into the disastrous events that came, and more have yet to come, to the City of Sea Jewel. They found that the Chant of Ages, left behind by an ancient civilisation (not sure if I mentioned a nation's name here; Giant may remember) is related to the events and a group of volunteers, generously financed by the Council of course, has to walk through the seven portals and deal with the happenings to stop the flow of events for Sea Jewel before it's too late.

I believe that's all the party (including Maul) knew before leaving for the first gate. There will be more added as the introduction to second chapter.
Giant may remember - good joke Smile
I mean the player may remember. At least whether Master Geddin mentioned a name in the prologue or not. Hint: it starts with 'H' but there are two versions of this adventure I wrote and I can't recall which one was in effect back then. On the other hand, it's probably lost in the mist of past so I may as well come up with a brand new name Wink
So the exact plan is...

Torin casts Hide from Undead on Lugar, Giant, and Portho.
Giant carries Sermour's remains.
Lugar carries the crown, the axe, and only he knows what else.
Portho follows to provide arcane support.
The trio climbs up while the armorer does his best to keep the guardian relaxed.
Once up and through the open trapdoor the plan is to start throwing random stuff in the generic direction of the circle.

Correct? (if nobody objects I will carry on IC with this plan)
(02-03-2017, 07:18 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: So the exact plan is...

Torin casts Hide from Undead on Lugar, Giant, and Portho.
Giant carries Sermour's remains.
Lugar carries the crown, the axe, and only he knows what else.
Portho follows to provide arcane support.
The trio climbs up while the armorer does his best to keep the guardian relaxed.
Once up and through the open trapdoor the plan is to start throwing random stuff in the generic direction of the circle.

Correct? (if nobody objects I will carry on IC with this plan)

No totally random, first the remains and the necromantic crown...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon