RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

[OOC] Return to the Rusty Rat
Skeletal warriors... cough... granite fisted club... cough
Quote this message in a reply
Neat idea, whose sack is out in?

It's completely ok to come up with tactics for everyone not your own character only. Keep brainstorming!
Wow. I love these tactics! They will of course happily try to flank him which is for the party's benefit after all. Both hit and it was the axe right?
Will post IC soon, expecting some plans from Toot and Lugar... but effectively Portho will come sooner
(11-03-2016, 06:57 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Neat idea, whose sack is out in?

It's completely ok to come up with tactics for everyone not your own character only. Keep brainstorming!

Portho's I think? Or Giant's. They, after all, looted most of the items. Lugar has the shield and asked for either the sword or halberd... He would prefer the halberd. Because runes...dwarves like runes. I think Portho has the bladeless hilt? Since he could actually activate it...
Regarding new level geometry; Toot and Lugar can't see in first two rounds so you may do whatever you can without this knowledge. All Toot can see is that the ceiling is pretty close above the trapdoor. Summoning a unicorn there is possible as long as you can summon it in a lying position...

However I will move the whole party upstairs on roll20 soon.

Regarding the sword of light; now that Toot gave the hint IC to Portho he has the official cue (he's not exactly the dumbest character of the party anyway)

EDIT: regarding MCaE and undead; is this a thing? All I can find is that "no nongood summoned creatures can enter" and that PfE "prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures". Toot can guess that there are nongood (or even evil) creatures upstairs, based on the sounds of battle; he may recognise Torin's turn attempt to guess some of them are undead; but I can't see how he could figure out that any of them were summoned or used natural weapons. Still, MCaE is a safe bet. As soon as Toot pokes his head through the trapdoor he can summon a unicorn to create a circle (and to hurt the baddies of course).

STILL THE SAME EDIT: I don't mind treating NPC casters "spontaneous" so if you propose that Maul should cast this or that from the cleric spell list... *cough* magic circle on Toot *cough* ... he also has a leftover std action from first round (he summoned the bee in the second round)
(11-04-2016, 06:16 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: EDIT: regarding MCaE and undead; is this a thing? All I can find is that "no nongood summoned creatures can enter" and that PfE "prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures". Toot can guess that there are nongood (or even evil) creatures upstairs, based on the sounds of battle; he may recognise Torin's turn attempt to guess some of them are undead; but I can't see how he could figure out that any of them were summoned or used natural weapons. Still, MCaE is a safe bet. As soon as Toot pokes his head through the trapdoor he can summon a unicorn to create a circle (and to hurt the baddies of course).

You are absolutely correct.  It is only summoned creatures.  I think because it's a circle against EVIL that I jumped to the conclusion that Evil Creatures would be included especially UNDEAD evil Creatures.

Quote:STILL THE SAME EDIT: I don't mind treating NPC casters "spontaneous" so if you propose that Maul should cast this or that from the cleric spell list... *cough* magic circle on Toot *cough* ... he also has a leftover std action from first round (he summoned the bee in the second round)

Yes Toot would appreciate a Magic Circle against evil to help out the group or even a regular Protection from Evil to help with his confidence.  Toot hasn't really been in any fights (except for the one sided conflict with the Specter) always preferring to Escape whenever possible.  So right now he's about two seconds away from turning into a bird and flying his little butt out of these caves!
Well. That birdie is quite confined at the moment. The iron wall closed, construct below, undead above... where to? where to?...
If others don't object then we'll assume Maul cast a MCaE on Toot (with the doodid's consent) to bolster everyone, basically. Bless and prayer would be nice as well but they are burst effects...
(11-04-2016, 08:38 AM)Toot Wrote: [OoC1: When Torin blocked Boo's Overrun attempt, Toot jumped off and cast Barkskin.  But I must have sent you a PM about casting Barkskin because I can't find the post where Toot cast the spell.  All I can find is you replying to Torin in a spoiler, saying Toot cast Barkskin, found >here<.  I even did a keyword search in all the game threads but this is the only mention of the spell in game.  Barkskin lasts for 10 minutes per level (70 minutes).  I doubt I extended the spell only because I think Toot cast the spell the same round that he jumped off Boo's back to avoid the Knockdown which is a move action and summoning an object from his HHH is also a move action.  So how long has it been since the overrun attempt? If the spell is still active, both Toot and Boo have +3 natural armor bonus.]

[OoC2: Someone with Knowledge (religion) should be identifying the undead and relaying the information to everyone else.  Using a Knowledge skill doesn't take an action.  You either know what something is or you don't.]

[OoC3: Even people without Knowledge skills can still yell out what it looks like they are fighting to give the people below a heads up.]

[OoC4: Since Toot can't see anything yet that limits what he can do.  So he will be listen [+6] for any spellcasting to identify with Spellcraft [+11].  He will begin to make a tiny grumbling noise while motioning at the ceiling.  

1. There was quite some guessing and careful approach but I think that barkskin may still be active.

2. Sure thing. As soon as Maul can see them. Torin can already tell that those skeletons are hardier than usual but cannot tell anything about the cloaked figure. It may be a human, a monstrous humanoid or intelligent undead. All Torin knows is that it does some spellcasting stuff... Or something that looks like spellcasting, at least.

3. Even more sure thing, though I think they are far more preoccupied with staying alive....

4. Whatever is being cast Toot cannot identify.
Toot still has a backup plan.  Before he was planning on Drilling though the floor on an upward angle to get into this room (Which I'm glad he decided not to do.)  Confused  Instead he could do the opposite and drill on an angle downward to get back to the room on the other side of the metal door where we were using everburning torches to find the antimagic field.
(11-04-2016, 09:12 AM)DM Surranó Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 08:38 AM)Toot Wrote: [OoC1: When Torin blocked Boo's Overrun attempt, Toot jumped off and cast Barkskin.  But I must have sent you a PM about casting Barkskin because I can't find the post where Toot cast the spell.  All I can find is you replying to Torin in a spoiler, saying Toot cast Barkskin, found >here<.  I even did a keyword search in all the game threads but this is the only mention of the spell in game.  Barkskin lasts for 10 minutes per level (70 minutes).  I doubt I extended the spell only because I think Toot cast the spell the same round that he jumped off Boo's back to avoid the Knockdown which is a move action and summoning an object from his HHH is also a move action.  So how long has it been since the overrun attempt? If the spell is still active, both Toot and Boo have +3 natural armor bonus.]

[OoC2: Someone with Knowledge (religion) should be identifying the undead and relaying the information to everyone else.  Using a Knowledge skill doesn't take an action.  You either know what something is or you don't.]

[OoC3: Even people without Knowledge skills can still yell out what it looks like they are fighting to give the people below a heads up.]

[OoC4: Since Toot can't see anything yet that limits what he can do.  So he will be listen [+6] for any spellcasting to identify with Spellcraft [+11].  He will begin to make a tiny grumbling noise while motioning at the ceiling.  

1. There was quite some guessing and careful approach but I think that barkskin may still be active.

2. Sure thing. As soon as Maul can see them. Torin can already tell that those skeletons are hardier than usual but cannot tell anything about the cloaked figure. It may be a human, a monstrous humanoid or intelligent undead. All Torin knows is that it does some spellcasting stuff... Or something that looks like spellcasting, at least.

We know he opened the circle of hate (gate?), so he is the key Smile
We have to catch him and throw him (including his special headband) into the sea of hate (circle of hate?) if we want to stop undead apocalypse.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon