RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Malcolm's (Malcontent) & Johnny B Dorm Room
(10-02-2021, 10:07 PM)Johnny Blair Wrote: John looks down as she challenges something he said to her...and instantly regrets it as he sees that, yup...he's half-naked in front of an attractive girl who doesn't seem to care.  Wow, you're such a dweeb, bro.  A sigh.  Ok then.

"You've never felt weirded out by all the things you can do?  I know you said you can make things transparent by removing their color and you can make pictures come to life, but imagine what it might be like if you were told you could use those pictures to control other people.  Wouldn't that weird you out just a bit?  What if I told you that each time you took the color out of something, it also took the color out of something of yours as well?  You get where I'm going with this?"

"As someone who doesn't have your powers I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like to be you.  I've had a confrontation with someone with similar powers as yours and I admit it wasn't fun.  It doesn't mean I'd hold his actions against you but I'd be lying if I said I'd want to experience my emotions being used against me again.  After you've had that done to you, I think it's natural to be a little wary of it happening again."  Ashley pauses a moment to consider her powers, then with a slight smile she continues, "My coloration power is probably considered one of the wimpiest powers on the planet.  Even the image copying powers relies on having the right picture on hand.  I can't produce flames or lightning or even stop someone from hurting someone else with a single thought, like you can.  So I've always kind of considered myself part of the "B" team, if you know what I mean."
Quote this message in a reply
"Except your powers don't involve taking an active role in turning another human being into your thrall in some way.  Your powers don't involve having something massive and obvious showing like a giant 'I'm a mutant' sign right on your forehead...or back, in my case.  You don't have to demonstrate your differentness, you choose to.  I don't get that option."
(10-03-2021, 02:18 AM)Johnny Blair Wrote: "Except your powers don't involve taking an active role in turning another human being into your thrall in some way.  Your powers don't involve having something massive and obvious showing like a giant 'I'm a mutant' sign right on your forehead...or back, in my case.  You don't have to demonstrate your differentness, you choose to.  I don't get that option."

"You're wrong," Ashley replies.  "Niall could remove your wings and even place them on someone who would truly appreciate them for the gift they are.  With assistance, he could probably even remove access to your powers, if they were that much of a burden to you.  Or you could put on your big boy pants, talk to Angel to find out what he uses to hide his wings when he's not flying around.  Hell, Nightcrawler even gave Katrina a little device that projected a hologram to cover up her cracked, desert chic skin.  There are solutions if you look for them.  The solutions won't necessarily be perfect but it's like you're giving up before trying to search for answers.  And don't forget we're all friends and we're really good at sticking our noses into each other's business.  We won't stop until we find something that will help you."  Ashely smiles for a moment, then says more soberly. "As for your powers, you will just have to learn to use them for good.  Create kind of a Jedi Code.  I don't think it will be easy.  But you know what they say, nothing truly worth anything is ever easy.  Or at least I think they say that.  If they don't, they should.  Because it makes sense."
She watched him while waiting for him to respond for what seems a very long time.  Ashley starts wondering if she was too blunt.  When speaking with boys she usually spoke to them almost like she did her brothers.  Very straight forward and not too concerned about their feelings, without being outright mean or nasty.    There was so much testosterone floating around that if she showed a hint of weakness her siblings would eat her alive!  So she would give as good or even better than she got.  Surprisingly, Ashley did manage to learn how to be a girly-girl too, even without having any women in her immediate family to buy frilly clothing or Barbie dolls.  But that was hidden away from most boys unless she were hanging out with a few other of the female students.

"Hello," Ashley asks tentatively.
[[Sorry.  Been having a crazy past couple of days.  Post incoming...]]

John just sits there and stares at her as she goes off on a tirade at him, while still missing the point entirely.  He wasn't looking for sympathy, but also not looking for advice.  He wasn't interested in 'tough love' or anything like that.  And yet, she still managed to provide all of that without actually hearing anything he was actually saying.

So when she calls for his attention again, he just blinks a few times, then shakes his head clear.

"Oh, no it's fine.  I'm fine.  It's just that I don't think you get me.  I don't think you get what I'm trying to say at all.  I guess I'll talk to you later.  I don't want to be standing in the hallway like this for much longer.  See ya, Ashley."

And he just closes the door gently and walks back to his broken bed and grabs a pair of pants for the coming day.
[OOC: I think it might be John who has totally misunderstood Ashley.  Never once did she mention he was looking for sympathy, nor was she using tough love on him.  In her internal monologue I had her point out that she was treating him like she would any boy.  And I know the tone of text can be easily misunderstood but she wasn't going on a tirade. ]   

Ashley doesn't stop him from closing the door.  In fact she was kind of thankful the exchange was over.  She was confused at how the conversation could go south so quickly when she felt she was just letting him know there were options that he might not have thought possible.  Ashley shrugs her shoulders and decides to go to bed.  She was sure Samba would be dancing as late into the night as she possibly could, so if she could get to sleep before Porsche went to bed, Ashley might sleep through her roommate stumbling around in the dark.
[[Johnny is a guy who is suddenly hyperaware of everyone's feelings, but also hypersensitive as well about his own. He didn't used to be, so this is all very new, very weird, and VERY uncomfortable for him. He doesn't know whether to open them up or shut them off completely, doesn't know how to do either, and can't tell the difference. So he's going to misread a LOT of things and already has. Many times. That's how I'm playing his Poor Empathy. If I ever do get the chance to improve that...well...he'll be pretty impressive.]]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon