RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Character Concepts and Creation
(01-17-2016, 05:39 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: Hmmmm, I'm usually in favor of allow Prestige Classes for similar gods especially in this game because the concept of the world is for all game worlds to be on one planet (there IS a reason).   Wink   For example, I have a Priest of Lathandar but she has the Prestige class for Pelor because they are both similar gods.  But I'm not sure how similar Selune is with Wee Jas.  

They are both goddesses of magic (Selune has worshippers who are female spell casters.)  Both are Greater Powers.  Wee Jas is Lawful Neutral (evil tendencies) and Selune is Chaotic good.  So they aren't really that similar.   Sad

Welp, we are all here to have fun and I like to work with players so how about instead of, Ruby Knight Vindicator being only for Wee Jas, we say that every god/ goddess has their own Knights?  In Selune's case, her Knights could be called, Silver Knight Vindicator of Selune.  Sound fair?

Totally fair. I was actually thinking that same thing myself.
Quote this message in a reply
(11-07-2016, 02:20 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 05:39 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: Hmmmm, I'm usually in favor of allow Prestige Classes for similar gods especially in this game because the concept of the world is for all game worlds to be on one planet (there IS a reason).   Wink   For example, I have a Priest of Lathandar but she has the Prestige class for Pelor because they are both similar gods.  But I'm not sure how similar Selune is with Wee Jas.  

They are both goddesses of magic (Selune has worshippers who are female spell casters.)  Both are Greater Powers.  Wee Jas is Lawful Neutral (evil tendencies) and Selune is Chaotic good.  So they aren't really that similar.   Sad

Welp, we are all here to have fun and I like to work with players so how about instead of, Ruby Knight Vindicator being only for Wee Jas, we say that every god/ goddess has their own Knights?  In Selune's case, her Knights could be called, Silver Knight Vindicator of Selune.  Sound fair?

Totally fair. I was actually thinking that same thing myself.

Wow, this reply was a long time coming.  It's been 10 months since I posted this post.   Tongue
(11-07-2016, 04:31 AM)Forge Wrote: Hi all, if there's room for another Stalwart Companion, I present Forge.

Did I write down how to roll up characters somewhere that I don't remember?  What method did you use and where are the rolls?

If I remember correctly, I asked players to roll 4d6 seven times and you can reroll any 1's.  Then take the best 3 rolls of each set of four rolls then toss out the worst roll.  Then toss out the worst roll out of the seven and then assign that six however you like.

But I would like to see the rolls.
The character creation thread went the way of the dodo when we switched sites. But yes it was 4d6 drop lowest, reroll 1s. Roll 7 attributes and drop lowest.

Aside from GM Marvel needing to see the rolls, the attributes Forge has are not bad but how in the heck did you get 21 HP at 1st level?? Warforged do not get typical construct traits, so no bonus hp for being medium.

Creature Type Construct (living construct)
Advancement By character class
Size Medium
Ability Modifiers +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
Favored Class Fighter
Source Eberron Campaign Setting, pg. 20-24;
Races of Eberron, pg. 7-9

Racial Abilities
3.5 Edition
-A warforged derives its hit dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws and skill points from the class it selects.
-Unlike other constructs warforged have a constitution score and do not have low-light vision or dark vision.
-Unlike other constructs warforged are not immune to mind affecting spells and abilites.
-Warforged are immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition and energy drain.
-A warforged cannot heal naturally.
-Unlike other constructs warforged are not immune to critical hits, non-lethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, death effects and necromancy.
-As living constructs warforged can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as those that target constructs. Warforged can be healed by the Cure light wounds and Repair light damage spells however, they are vulnerable to disable construct and harm. However, spells from the healing sub-school and supernatural abilities that restore hit point damage or ability damage provide only half their normal effect.
-A warforged takes damage from heat metal, chill metal, repel wood, rusting grasp and Repel metal and Stone as if it were wearing metal armour.
-Strenuous activity does not risk further injury to a warforged that has dropped to 0 hit points.
-A warforged can be raised or resurrected.
-Warforged do not need to eat, sleep or breathe but can still benefit from consumable items.
-Warforged also receive a +2 armor bonus but cannot wear robes or armor though, a warforged can be enchanted.
-Light Fortification (EX) a warforged has a 25% chance of reducing the damage of a critical or sneak attack into a normal hit.
-Warforged have a natural attack that deals 1d4 damage.
Living Construct: Warforged are living constructs and do not need to eat, drink, sleep or breathe. Composed of stone, metal and wood; physically powerful; come in multiple sizes and designs; an iscription called ghulra can disable material controls and material spell damage

http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged
I did not roll. I saw that characters were lost in transition and, to me, it looked like you let some characters recreate theirs with a total bonus of +10 in attributes. I generated Forge by selecting stats that add up to +10 before applying racial modifiers. I can roll new stats, no problem.

For the 21 hp, I took the racial substitution for a Warforged Fighter.
Substitute HD, 1d10 = 1d12 + Regional feat (Dauntless +5hp) + con

Warforged: Fighter
Hit Dice: d12
Class Skills: Add Craft and Intimidate
Skill Points: 2 + Int Modifier (4x at 1st level)
Lvl BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 1 2 0 0 Battle Hardened
2 2 3 0 0 Bonus Warforged Feat
4 4 4 1 1 Body as Weapon

Battle Hardened (Ex): Gain +3 on Initiative and fear saves. This replaces the normal Bonus feat for 1st level.

Bonus Warforged Feat: You gain a feat from the Warforged only Feat List. This replaces the standard Bonus feat for 2nd level.

Body as Weapon (Ex): Gain +2 to damage when doing your Slam attack or with any weapon attached as an attached component. This replaces the standard 4th level feat.
Stat rolls
[url=[4d6c1] = 16][4d6c1] = 16[/url]
[url=[4d6c1] = 12][4d6c1] = 12[/url]
[url=[4d6c1] = 10][4d6c1] = 10[/url]
[url=[4d6c1] = 13][4d6c1] = 13[/url]
[url=[4d6c1] = 14][4d6c1] = 14[/url]
[url=[4d6c1] = 17][4d6c1] = 17[/url]
[url=[4d6c1] = 10][4d6c1] = 10[/url]

STR 17
DEX 13
CON 16 +2r
INT 14
WIS 12 -2r
CHA 10 -2r
Oh I see where the exrtra hit points came from. The regional feat.. good pick.. we dub thee TANK
TANK you very much!
(11-10-2016, 04:13 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: TANK you very much!

[Image: Mark_IV.jpg]
As long as there's no landmines I think i'll be alright  Tongue
(11-10-2016, 03:44 AM)Betimi Wrote: Oh I see where the exrtra hit points came from. The regional feat.. good pick.. we dub thee TANK

Oh, I should change his name from Forge to Tank!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon