RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Character Concepts and Creation
It doesn't have to go into a physical stat. You could put it in wisdom (or another mental stat this time and then strength at level 4. The main thing is you have to alternate between mental and physical (or physical and mental) at every even level.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Quote this message in a reply
Selina, what Betimi says is correct.  For a character that uses a d8 for hit points, the minimum per level is 5 hit points.  

The formula for calulating minimum hit points is: Hit dice divided by 2 then add +1

If you roll below minimum, your hit points for the level is raised to the minimum.

d4 = 3 hit points minimum
d6 = 4 hit points minimum
d8 = 5 hit points minimum
d10 = 6 hit points minimum
d12 = 7 hit points minimum
Ok. So 7 then. I'm sticking with +1 to Dex though. Her abilities are pretty much all evens anyway. She also gets an extra spell slot plus a domain spell slot...after next rest, yes I know.
I'd like to slightly alter my level-up to take the Sleeping Tiger fighting style monk class variant if that's okay. The only change is I'll get Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat instead of Stunning Fist.
Can't find campaign traits here on rpga. I remember Nacesh having fire heritage was sg to do with salamanders but not the benefit. Was it a breath weapon, bonus fire damage or bonus cl? Maybe those burning hands didn't do 1 hp damage after all...
Okay...So I'm definitely going to have Selina take a level of crusader. Considering how much healing she's been forced to use so quickly, the devoted spirit maneuvers will be pretty critical. Especially if she's going to have a cohort to look after in addition to certain vengeful types ;-).
(01-16-2016, 08:16 PM)Nacesh Wrote: Can't find campaign traits here on rpga. I remember Nacesh having fire heritage was sg to do with salamanders but not the benefit. Was it a breath weapon, bonus fire damage or bonus cl? Maybe those burning hands didn't do 1 hp damage after all...

Yes I do remember that Regional Feat.  I believe it gave you +2 to each dice of Fire Damage.  That means the four Kobolds would have taken 4 damage or 2 damage with a successful save with the first burning hands and 3 damage or 1 damage with a successful save (always round down) for the second spell.  I didn't roll saves for the last attack because I rolled a 1 and that was minimum damage.  But rolling now... and they all fail their save throws!  That means they all take 3pts of damage so that puts them at -3hps/ -1hps/ -3hps/ -2hps.  So they don't run.  Instead... 

The four Kobolds scream as the fire summoned from Nacesh's outstretched hand engulfs their bodies.  They try to run or dodge but they don't get more then a couple of steps before crumbling into heaps of smoldering flesh.

Yay!  They didn't get away!!  Big Grin

Oh yeah, you need to finish picking 0 level spells and your equipment.

(01-17-2016, 02:43 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Okay...So I'm definitely going to have Selina take a level of crusader.  Considering how much healing she's been forced to use so quickly, the devoted spirit maneuvers will be pretty critical. Especially if she's going to have a cohort to look after in addition to certain vengeful types ;-).

I had a quick look at the class and it looks interesting.  I might need to do some adjusting to the powers.  For example, Shield block states: As an immediate action, you can grant an AC bonus to an adjacent ally equal to your shield's AC bonus +4.  This AC bonus has to take into account my house rule that all shields except bucklers get +1 ac bonus.  So if you are using a heavy shield [was +2 bonus but now is a +3 bonus] and you use this power, you would actually only get a +3 bonus.  I know you don't get Shield Block yet but I wanted give you an example of something I would change.  Does that make sense?
We can work on them, yes. What about my other question regarding whether Selina can become a Ruby Knight Vindicator and whether we can fluff it to be usable by a follower of a deity other than Wee Jas?
Hmmmm, I'm usually in favor of allow Prestige Classes for similar gods especially in this game because the concept of the world is for all game worlds to be on one planet (there IS a reason).   Wink   For example, I have a Priest of Lathandar but she has the Prestige class for Pelor because they are both similar gods.  But I'm not sure how similar Selune is with Wee Jas.  

They are both goddesses of magic (Selune has worshippers who are female spell casters.)  Both are Greater Powers.  Wee Jas is Lawful Neutral (evil tendencies) and Selune is Chaotic good.  So they aren't really that similar.   Sad

Welp, we are all here to have fun and I like to work with players so how about instead of, Ruby Knight Vindicator being only for Wee Jas, we say that every god/ goddess has their own Knights?  In Selune's case, her Knights could be called, Silver Knight Vindicator of Selune.  Sound fair?
Hi all, if there's room for another Stalwart Companion, I present Forge.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon