RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Missing Caravan
[OoC knowledge local kinda gets used as no other skill fits better, and no one wants to add yet another knowledge skill category. As for kniwledge: dungeoneering being used for all monsters AFAIKit gets ysed for just oozes and aberrations.]
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC: I was thinking...  since Cantus is known to be a very Cosmopolitan City-State, I'm sure that there must have been Kobolds who have come to the City for various reasons.  Or when Kobold populations grow too fast and they start raiding larger and larger caravans, the city or a guild would put bounties on their heads.  So most of you would probably know what Kobolds are or at least have heard of them.]

Selena replies to Jonath, "I'm sure we will meet again.  Once I return these creatures to Cantus I will be sure to leave word at the Inn of my whereabouts.  And who knows, we might meet a patrol that we can give them to, and track you down to continue this quest with you all."

All the Creatures are some natural shade of green which seems odd.  The chances of finding only Green Kobolds when they are born with many different colors seems pretty low. 

The Kobold listens to Nacesh's questions and replies, "Yes.  It tells us to bring treasure.  But opportunities small for raids.  Needed a little more treasure or get in trouble but needed to return home soon too.  Happened upon yous and took chance."  As Nacesh presses for more answers they reply, "We not seen it.  Most fear it.  Not know how big it is but those that have heard it's voice says it sounds big and scary.  Tribe not sure what to think of it.  It not come in conflict with Green-Mother yet.  If Green-Mother gets mad everyone in trouble."
Continuing to lean on one of the Mules trying to listen but he will just have to ask what is going on as his skills of perception are not up to snuff; Unless of course any of them decides to relay any info. 

Nonchalantly he wanders over to Betimi and says to her.  "Are we ready to try and finish this trek?  Just asking is all."  He notices a small leaf on her shoulder, he picks it off her robe.
Talking in common hoping the kobolds won't understand a single word, Nacesh addresses Mardak.

"Do we know where our target was lost? Around here by any chance? This Green Mother may be involved; or at least know something. Prejudice aside the enemies of your enemies may become your friends."

"Our mission may be of more importance than tracking these beasties down but let us find as many clues as possible ahead of the city guard just in case..."

Reverting to draconic,

"You tell us how to find your tribe and we will ensure that the Green Mother won't eat you."

(here goes an easy-to-forge unregistered diplomacy roll...
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4847171/
apparently I haven't tampered with it ;) )
She nods to Mardak as he removes the leaf and gives him a small smile.

"We will continue once Nacesh has learned what these little creatures have to tell us. I suspect that whatever 'IT' is, it's greed may have something to do with .. with our 'target'...", she glances at Nacesh with a slight nod.

"I suspect we may need to know where their tribe camps, and if it is different from where their tribe camps, we will need to know where they take their tribute to 'IT'. And the Green Mother is not 'IT'?"
The Kobolds look at each other then reply, "More likely Green Mother eat you.  Tribe?  Oh... Claw!  Claw not too far away.  Maybe a day." 

Marrick listens to the conversation as best he can and says, "Do you think it wise that the four of you should attack a Kobold tribe, or Kobold Claw, whatever that is?  Kobolds breed like rats.  There could be hundreds of them.  These creatures could be leading you into an ambush.  Something tells me that our intimidation will only take us so far and will not overcome their fear of the Green Mother.  Though this other thing they speak of might be another matter."
Nacesh nods at Betimi and Merrick. "You both are right."

To kobolds,

"Now we have a misunderstanding. We don't eat Green Mother and she doesn't eat us. We help against it, not Green mother."
He shrugs then pulls a couple of candies out. One for him and begrudgingly the other goes to Betimi as it's a peppermint jube jube.  Mardak winks to her as he places the rhomboid shaped sweet morsel into her hand.

He then wanders back to the mules, waiting albeit impatiently.
The Kobolds shrug not really knowing what to say. Finally one speaks up, "Green mother does what she wants. And 'It' only speaks to kobold leaders and Sorcerers and then we do what leaders and Sorcerers command." The kobolds don't seem particularly bothered by any of this. One leader is pretty much the same as the next. 'It' so far hasn't been any worse than any of the other leaders that commanded these weakest of the goblinoid tribes.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
[Waiting...]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon