RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Missing Caravan
Nacesh frowns at Betimi's addressing his ancestral language as a 'yip' but then again the girl's part right concerning the dialect the kobolds speak.

"I do," the sorcerer nods to Merrick before asking Betimi first. "Anything specific or just to learn who sent them?"

(OOC - how many of the kobolds have we captured? I believe it was one or two)
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC: I believe 2 survived. To speed things along, I will assume that Nacesh will translate any questions you all have for the Kobolds and any answers they give you.]
Pulling out a dew drop, he rips it in half and pops one into his mouth, placing the other half into his bag.  It wasn't too long after that sweet taste he was looking back towards the camp.  

"Ah hell, I'm missing out on the fun!!"  Mardak breaks into a run back to the companions.  

When he gets there he asks hurriedly "What I miss?!  What I miss?!"  

"Oh it's Question & Answer time is it?!"   He gives one of the Kobolds an intimidating stare as he cracks his knuckles on each fist one at a time.

Intimidate
Nacesh nods sternly at Mardak and turns to the kobolds, addressing them in a language that resembles a series of growls and hisses yet has an archaic melody. For those with keen ears the kobolds' language indeed sounds vaguely similar to this arcane tongue. Those not speaking the language, though, can hardly make heads or tails of it, except the name of the sorcerer, spoken with a strange emphasis like grinding granite against granite.

"I am *Nacesh*. I hold the legacy of true *dragons*" he starts his speech.
"And this man behind me has the taste of some kobold flesh. You know what his favourite is? Kobold tenderloin"
Taking a pause for emphasis, he continues.
"You may die but don't hope for an easy death. The best I can offer you is to convince him to pity your foul souls if you speak."
After such an intro maybe it's time for questions.
"First you tell me the name of your tribe and the name of your leader whom we've already slain."
"We need to know if thry also raided tbe aid caravan, and who gives them orders."

She shrugs,  "Beyond that, will depend on their answers"

While Nacesh begins his 'interview, she stands behind him, arms crossed, occasionally snarling for emphasis when Nacesh seems to threaten that her or Mardak might resort to violence.

[ Intimidate 1d20=7+8 = 15 ]
[OoC:  Nacesh, are you going to try an aid another action?  ]

The critters listen to Nacesh's translation while Betimi and Mardak scowl.   They do seem to understand the situation and reply in their yappy dialect, "We are of the Green-Mother's Scales Tribe and SHE was Aurixx.  Overconfident was she.  Needed more treasure. Thought could take yous off guard."
She looks at Nacesh, "Ask him why kobolds would need so much treasure that they woul take such risks? Who sends them out?"
"Don't know," the Kobold states after Nacesh translates.  "You killed knowing one.  Leader say 'it' wants more and more.  Punished if not bring."
Not quite understanding everything about the whos are who and the whats are what.  Though he does know that dragons like treasure. 

"I'm not liking this for one second."  Mardak scowls "Only thing I know of, from tales of my Kender friends, is that 'dragons' obsess  over treasure."
[Assuming Nacesh translated their words]

"Yes, the presence of a dragon would be bad news indeed, however they are by far not the only creatures to covet treasure. Be that as it may, we have a more pressing matter to attend to at the moment. Let us leave these wretches be and continue on our journey - we have many miles yet to cover."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon