RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Missing Caravan
"We promised Unreth's demise to Powaw. He is here with use, and indeed helped to slay the creature. I think the rest of his tribe will believe him."
Quote this message in a reply
Selina shakes her head sadly.  "They asked Powwaw for proof.  It is possible he may not be able to return to his tribe without it."  She looks to the little shadow dragon for confirmation on this.

She wouldn't say that she thought it had been foolish of him to claim they had already done away with the creature when they were still searching for it.  While absolutely true, she was always a polite sort.
Nacesh stiffens for a moment on Selina's mention of the obvious, then sniffs his sleeve. With a shrug and a roguish smile, he notes,
"Call it our musk, they'd be obliged to believe us, since we are from far away anyway."
"I do not understand this sun dweller obsession with bodily odours. The masters used to employ overseers... they were floating eyes.. they had a particular odour about them..."
(05-14-2017, 06:05 PM)Betimi Wrote: "I guess that decides it. Sir Tomreal, are you sure you wish to stay behind down here? You seem to be as uncomfortable with these tunnels as the others."
Oddky, Betimi seems as comfortable with thevsewers as she was anywhere else, perhapsveven more comfortablebthan she was when beneath thebopenvskies on the road from Cantus.

"As I've said many times, I would have died without all of your help.  I will gladly guard this creature's corpse," Tomeal replies.

(05-15-2017, 02:43 AM)Betimi Wrote: "We promised Unreth's demise to Powaw. He is here with use, and indeed helped to slay the creature. I think the rest of his tribe will believe him."

(05-15-2017, 03:16 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Selina shakes her head sadly.  "They asked Powwaw for proof.  It is possible he may not be able to return to his tribe without it."  She looks to the little shadow dragon for confirmation on this.

She wouldn't say that she thought it had been foolish of him to claim they had already done away with the creature when they were still searching for it.  While absolutely true, she was always a polite sort.

Powwaw pipes in, "Actually I believe they will know Unreth has been defeated when he doesn't show up for breakfast.  Unreth was ravenous and wouldn't miss a meal or even one of his several daily and evening snacks.  Believe me, they will know he's been defeated whether I have his body with me or not." 

Agloval peers down at you all from the street above patiently waiting for your decision.
"In that case, dragging the body with us seems a bit pointless." Gilley mounts the stairs and heads up to the street.
(05-18-2017, 02:04 PM)Betimi Wrote: "I do not understand this sun dweller obsession with bodily odours. The masters used to employ overseers... they were floating eyes.. they had a particular odour about them..."

Selina grins and has a bit of a chuckle.  "The simplest answer is that we are all quite vain.  Many things that are physically offensive to us elicit a sort of revulsion in our hearts and minds."

(05-23-2017, 04:54 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: "As I've said many times, I would have died without all of your help.  I will gladly guard this creature's corpse," Tomeal replies.

Powwaw pipes in, "Actually I believe they will know Unreth has been defeated when he doesn't show up for breakfast.  Unreth was ravenous and wouldn't miss a meal or even one of his several daily and evening snacks.  Believe me, they will know he's been defeated whether I have his body with me or not." 

Agloval peers down at you all from the street above patiently waiting for your decision.

Selina places a gentle hand on Tomeal's shoulder.  "Please do not think we value you so lowly.  You are no simple guard and have already proven your worth far beyond what you claim yourself to be.  If this is what you wish to do, I shall not stop you.  I know not what to expect on the surface as this may be another city, country, continent, or indeed, another plane entirely that we have been sent to.  But as this Agloval is certainly growing anxious for us to leave, I believe it is time to do so."  She then looks at Powwaw for a few moments and then shrugs.  "I see.  Very well, but we must also remember that we have Ohma and the others" including that precious, precious, little girl "to return home."

(05-23-2017, 11:52 PM)Gilley Wrote: "In that case, dragging the body with us seems a bit pointless." Gilley mounts the stairs and heads up to the street.

Selina pauses and strokes her chin thoughtfully.  "If I remember correctly, Agloval mentioned someone interested in purchasing the body.  I wonder how he or she would go about moving this...pile of filth...through the manhole..."  She leaves this point hanging as she shakes her head.  "In any case, I believe I should go meet such person, at least.  I am...somewhat skilled in conversation and negotiation.  Whomever wishes to join me is, of course, more than welcome."
"I will be right behind you."

As the others begin to ascend the ladder Betimi pulls out the scarf and head covering that she had worn when they had first met in Cantus.  

She knew her alien appearance unnerved most of the sun-dwellers, so she took care to keep covered, a diaphanous strip of cloth even covered her alien eyes. To all outward appearances, she just appeared like one of the religious zealots that followed sects that must remain covered.  It would still draw attention to her, but for reasons that most people could rationalize.

When suitably covered she ascends the ladder.
Everyone except Tomeal, Powwaw, Eek and Meek climb the stairs to the streets above.  Popping your heads above ground one by one, each of you immediately feel like there is a heaviness to the air.  Sort of like breathing in the faint smoke of a distant trash fire.

[OoC: Move to the new thread: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon