RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Experience Points and Advancement
ust double checking, how many skill points to we get at each level?
Quote this message in a reply
found the answer to my skill point question above. Character sheet and signature updated.
(01-15-2022, 03:33 AM)Kubo Wrote: found the answer to my skill point question above. Character sheet and signature updated.

You took Dodge feat,? instead I recommend Midnight Dodge, since you gave the prerequisite Con.

http://dndtools.org/m/feats/magic-of-inc...dge--1940/

It will open the path for you to have essentia and start to build up essentia with other feats. Even if you never do, it still will work exactly like dodge (except your legs turn midnight blue when using dodge)
Other feats that build essentia : http://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/magic-of...index.html

Notable ones for rangers and barbarians include Azure Enmity, Cobalt Rage, Cobalt Charge, Cobalt power, etc

How they work us that you gain 1 essentia point per feat. Each day you can invest those essentia into a feat to power it for 24 hours, but you can also add more than one essentia into a feat to make it more effective

Example with midnight dodge you can add 2 essentia to get +2 dodge bonus, by not investing essentia from another essential a feat you have... It just makes you more flexible with no downside
(01-14-2022, 04:28 AM)Betimi Wrote: I* wilol level up Betimi tomorrow, but for the past stat raises
Level 2 = Charisma
Level 4 = Dexterity
Level 6 I actually forgot to give her a stat.. she would have taken Charisma.

No one added a point at 6th because after the 4th level stat bonus I had temporarily decided to just give you guys 2 stat points every 4 levels for easier book keeping.  But I saw we were still doing the every two levels in Spelljammer and then I thought about the lower level characters (Kubo and Crozar) and decided to go back to every 2 levels and I would just keep track of where the points were placed.
Pretty sure I added 1 to Selina's Wis, because I didn't realize that we had been doing the whole +2 to one ability until just now. I could be mistaken.
Went with Stone Power for Selina's 7th level feat. It's 10 free temp HP for when she feels like tanking up (and risking the blade's wrath Tongue).
(01-15-2022, 07:54 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 03:33 AM)Kubo Wrote: found the answer to my skill point question above. Character sheet and signature updated.

You took Dodge feat,? instead I recommend Midnight Dodge, since you gave the prerequisite Con.

http://dndtools.org/m/feats/magic-of-inc...dge--1940/

It will open the path for you to have essentia and start to build up essentia with other feats. Even if you never do, it still will work exactly like dodge (except your legs turn midnight blue when using dodge)

I followed your suggestion and took Midnight Dodge Feat. character sheet and signature updated
(01-13-2022, 04:00 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Battle Blessing is exceptional, but he needs spells for it to be of any use, as you said.  Improved Critical (Scimitar) if you get him a scimitar (which you really should, IMHO).  If you plan to make him mounted for long periods, Mounted Combat isn't bad down the road.  Stand Still is excellent if you want to add a bit of control into him without reaching for MAD and extra feats.  On that note, Goad isn't a bad option as well for a defender.

HP: [1d8]=6  So that's 6+3 is 9 HP.

I was looking at different weapons to upgrade to like Scimitar.  Many weapons like Bastard Sword require Exotic Weapon's proficiency but I feel like it's usually a waste of a feat.  Instead of a Scimitar (1d6; 18-20/x2) another option would be the Heavy Flail (1d10; 19-20/x2, +2 to trip and disarm) both are one handed.

Some other interesting Two-handed weapons are:

Duom: 1d8; 20/x3; Reach and can attack adjacent creatures.
Falchion, Great: 1d12; 18-20/x2
Fullblade: 2d8; 19-20/x2; Exotic Weapon
Jovar: 2d6; 18-20/x2; Exotic Weapon
Notbora: 2d6/2d6; 20/x2 or 19-20/x2; Exotic weapon
Great Scimitar: 1d8; 18-20/x2; Exotic weapon to use in one hand
Falchion: 2d4; 18-20/x2

Executioner's Mace: 2d6; 20/x3 and does B&P or B&S; Reach*
* An Executioner's Mace is a combination axe and mace, fitted with a long spike, giving the wielder wide versatility in damage type. [Dungeon Issue 135, pg 65]  But it is the favored weapon of Executioners in Kyuss' ancient city of Kuluth-Mar.  Confused
Heavy flail is really good if you want a bit more control to him, which is also why I recommended feats like Stand Still (enemies moving away that provoke AoO have to make a save or not move) and Goad (move action force opponent to make a will save or only attack you).

Falchions, as far as I know, are two-handers.  As are the other exotics you mentioned. If you want him to tank up, that will be a bit of a problem. I could see him becoming a real melee monster and her being the tank since she doesn’t do a ton of damage and he certainly can.

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of it.  Goad would work disturbingly well in conjunction with Selina's Iron Guard's Glare stance.  That tells her opponents "Attack me or take a penalty to your attack bonus" then Tomeal comes in with Goad to FORCE them to attack him, thus taking the -4 penalty.

Extra EDIT:  I’ve got plans for Selina’s AC already. Defending armor spikes.  She just doesn’t quite have the money for it yet, nor a place to add them.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon