RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OoC thread
(02-14-2018, 05:15 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: "Your friends have already paid for the all the repairs as thanks for saving them from the militia when you suddenly appeared. They hope you think about returning soon to help them out with a problem they are having."

I may be getting this wrong but when he talks about Kee's "friends..." are they the resistance people?
Quote this message in a reply
(02-20-2018, 09:09 AM)Nacesh Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 05:15 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: "Your friends have already paid for the all the repairs as thanks for saving them from the militia when you suddenly appeared.  They hope you think about returning soon to help them out with a problem they are having."

I may be getting this wrong but when he talks about Kee's "friends..." are they the resistance people?

Yes, he is speaking about the Resistance.  The young smith only knows Kee somehow appeared and helped save the Resistance during one of their encounters with the Militia and the Resistance wants to help repay him for the rescue (even though it was all by accident).  He is not privy to any addition information or motivations for the Resistance's good will toward Kee.  You will either have to speak to Kee or the Resistance for additional information.  Just know that Kee has only been here for a week or two and during much of this time he was unconscious.  So while he may be able to retrace his steps to take you back to where he left the Resistance, he won't be able to tell you a lot about them or what exactly they are resisting.
Dogs and Cats, Living together!!

MASS HYSTERIA!
Keeping your head cool is a good thing. Keeping it cold, not so, I guess.
Snap out of it and get well soon.
@Selina Yes... mass hysteria indeed!  Tongue

@Nacesh Thanks for the well wishes.  This cold is lingering from my forehead to my throat.  It's incredibly annoying.

@Everyone, So I assume no one has anything more to say to the Smith?  If not I will be pushing forward soon.
I'm happy that some of you are mentioning the Lawfulness and Evil of New Crobuzon because that's the exact alignment of the city.

I know the terms and technologies are a little confusing or maybe even a bit jarring when compared to typical D&D.  As I mentioned before if any of you take a rank of Knowledge: Local (New Crobuzon) then I will give you additional information (a PDF) of this city and world. 

I'm not sure how the rest of you feel but I think the world is interesting and would be a cool place to create a group to explore in the future.  There are events and situations I want to expose this group to but I'm trying to not overwhelm you too much and stay focused on getting you guys home.
Some things really just show up due to their pervasiveness. I actually would have pegged the city as LE because of the orderliness of everything, despite their willingness to utilize chaotic energy for their own means.
(04-12-2018, 06:36 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: I'm happy that some of you are mentioning the Lawfulness and Evil of New Crobuzon because that's the exact alignment of the city.

I know the terms and technologies are a little confusing or maybe even a bit jarring when compared to typical D&D.  As I mentioned before if any of you take a rank of Knowledge: Local (New Crobuzon) then I will give you additional information (a PDF) of this city and world. 

I'm not sure how the rest of you feel but I think the world is interesting and would be a cool place to create a group to explore in the future.  There are events and situations I want to expose this group to but I'm trying to not overwhelm you too much and stay focused on getting you guys home.
I love this world/realm.  I keep mentioning it in Forge's thought processes but he would be comfortable here.  He's also Neutral/Neutral.  New Crobuzon, while the words are strange, is one of the more interesting settings I've played in.  I mean, we talked to a devil at level 2-3!  The funny names add an air of mystery and unsettling feeling to everything, which fits.  As a player, I am soaking this world up.  
Deep Thoughts for DM 
 Between the multiple games I am playing with the multi-realm/world hopping feeling, Keeper of the Seven Keys, Anova Chapter, and this game I think a cameo of other characters would be cool!  Even if the characters were seen through the DM's eyes and not role-played by the players.  Could you imagine Toot leading the resistance to fight technology in New Crobuzon, or Silent Giant with his not so trusty side-kick Lugar starting their own chapter in a town near Anova???  By the way, I think the dog is a druid. Just saying...of course my dog is dumb as a rock so Wink
I think the dog is...a dog Tongue

But maybe that's because a druid and a cleric in the same party is a bit overpowered. Even at this level.
(04-13-2018, 12:59 AM)Forge Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 06:36 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: I'm happy that some of you are mentioning the Lawfulness and Evil of New Crobuzon because that's the exact alignment of the city.

I love this world/realm.  I keep mentioning it in Forge's thought processes but he would be comfortable here.  He's also Neutral/Neutral.  New Crobuzon, while the words are strange, is one of the more interesting settings I've played in.  I mean, we talked to a devil at level 2-3!  The funny names add an air of mystery and unsettling feeling to everything, which fits.  As a player, I am soaking this world up.  
Deep Thoughts for DM 
 Between the multiple games I am playing with the multi-realm/world hopping feeling, Keeper of the Seven Keys, Anova Chapter, and this game I think a cameo of other characters would be cool!  Even if the characters were seen through the DM's eyes and not role-played by the players.  Could you imagine Toot leading the resistance to fight technology in New Crobuzon, or Silent Giant with his not so trusty side-kick Lugar starting their own chapter in a town near Anova???  By the way, I think the dog is a druid. Just saying...of course my dog is dumb as a rock so Wink

Betimi fits in very well with New Corubzon as well.. being from the Far Realm already, as well as LN...   when GM Marvel started this campaign I was playing up how alien she was to the typical world.. here she is closer to a native.

As for DM crossovers I think you'd be more likely to see those between  Stalwart Adventurers chapters.. they are already a shared campaign world afterall..

Of course both are still really just getting rolling. Anova Chapter has yet to leavethe town even.

But coordinating crossovers can be done a little more easily when the DMs can yack on the phone or meet face to face lol. In fact the only reason that Vodoma is running Anova chapter is that I could not quite figure out how to convert one of GM Marvels player characters from 3.5 to Pathfinder.. because in another one of my games (run at a local game store) it is actually his semi-retired PC that runs Anova chapter.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon