RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OoC thread
(12-19-2017, 10:11 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Well then... the only feat that qualifies for her is the one she hasn’t actually used yet.  Extra Granted Maneuver was her lvl 3 Feat and I don’t think we’ve been in combat yet.  I would like to exchange that for Initiate of Selune.  Because +5 to caster level is never anything to sneeze at, especially for Divination spells.  Some of the spells are also really interesting, especially when in conjunction with where TCOSA seems to be heading.

I don't think you've used Extra Turning yet either.  So either would be fine.  Feel free to switch feats.  And i agree.  I was a little surprised when I saw the +5 bonus and then the large list of spells.  Most Initiates only get half that number of new spells.  

Just an FYI, the levels beside the spells are the Spell Level of the spell.  Not what level the Priest would need to be to get that ability.  So you would need to be CL 5 to gain access to Moon Blade; CL7 to gain access to Strength of the Best and Wall of Moonlight; and CL9 to gain access to Moon Path and Moonweb.  It's not really clear in the post but I wanted to be sure you knew, though you likely already figured that out yourself.
Quote this message in a reply
(12-19-2017, 10:11 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Well then... the only feat that qualifies for her is the one she hasn’t actually used yet.  Extra Granted Maneuver was her lvl 3 Feat and I don’t think we’ve been in combat yet.  I would like to exchange that for Initiate of Selune.  Because +5 to caster level is never anything to sneeze at, especially for Divination spells.  Some of the spells are also really interesting, especially when in conjunction with where TCOSA seems to be heading.

Might want to check the source as I think it means the actual spells Augury and Divination, not Divination school http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/fea..._of_Selune

PDF of the book, rthe feat is on page 81. - https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjFiKq8nYxnYngok0-AqzJOgq5p0
It has prerequisite of being third level cleric Sad so don't think you qualify yet actually Sad Up to GM Marvel if crusader levekl wll count...
(12-20-2017, 12:55 AM)Betimi Wrote:

Might want to check the source as I think it means the actual spells Augury and Divination, not Divination school http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/fea..._of_Selune

PDF of the book, rthe feat is on page 81. - https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjFiKq8nYxnYngok0-AqzJOgq5p0
It has prerequisite of being third level cleric Sad so don't think you qualify yet actually Sad   Up to GM Marvel if crusader levekl wll count...
Oooh I remember this book, Haven't seen it in years.  The Hammer of Moradin, such dwarven carnage!  Smile
...Augury and Divination are both spells from the Divination school, yes? And fine. I guess I'll have to have her take it level 5.
Yes, both are from the divination school, but +5 CL for two specific school, or +5 to an entire school of magic are two very different things
Expecting to be 99% off for the next week, possibly up to 2nd Jan. ((guess we could disclose some information like this to the Ambassador, i.e. the folk tradition of celebrating new year's eve and some obscure religional festivities allegedly tied to the birth of our arch-deity...))
(12-20-2017, 04:10 AM)Betimi Wrote: Yes, both are from the divination school, but +5 CL for two specific school, or +5 to an entire school of magic are two very different things

Perhaps...but I will stick with what I had said previously about +5 to CL being nothing to sneeze at, even for 2 spells.

Also, the spells granted are pretty decent.

EDIT: that reminds me...did Selina sell her shield or is she just holding it? Because based on one of the spells offered by that feat, I'd rather she have the shield as back-up than her morningstar.
I don't know if you sold the shield.  You are currently using a great sword so it's not possible to use a shield at the same time.  What is it you want to do?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  You guys can post any time...
Was wondering what happened...

I asked about the shield because one of the spells granted by the Initiate of Selune feat you mentioned was "Moonblade" which grants a longsword. Longswords are better than morningstars.
Well I did a word search for "Shield" and your name and I did get a few hits.  

You posted this http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....4#pid24934

Quote:Selina might be needing the Ring of Protection since I plan on giving her a greatsword, i.e. no longer getting AC from a shield.

Aaaand I'm going to make that official. 1000gp from her share of the sale of...abomination Whatsitsname to purchase the Ring of Protection +1 from the group hoard. She's also going to spend some time in town soon buying a greatsword and heavy armor. Be ready to hear her complain more about being forced to run in said armor [Image: tongue.png]

But then in this post ( http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....5#pid25035 ) You say...

Quote:((Wonderful.  Selina's list consists of: 1) purchasing the Ring of Protection from the group stores, as she will be needing it quite badly; 2) purchasing a greatsword and full plate, and she will also likely keep her morningstar/shield combo as backup...no point in worrying about load-bearing problems now that she's going for heavy armor.  Selina must also rest, but it will bring her to full health regardless of which class she takes.  Just so happens that she will be becoming a Crusader of Selune now.  d10 HD, +1 point of BAB, and some fun class abilities.))

So it sounds like you decided to keep your shield.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon